Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

Looks like Matt Dalton could be in Providence for a while!

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2011/01...or-providence/
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I can't believe people are whining about the intro video and music being played. We have a brand new state of the art facility. What next "the seats aren't cushy"??? I actually have the Rev Theory CD and if you like good headbangin music, (like I do)you'll like the rest of it too. I think we should be talking about how well the Beavs are playing and maybe some of the new recruits coming in. Sheees!!! Alright.............................I've vented!
      "the legs feed the wolf boys, the legs feed the wolf"

Comment

I am just hoping someone got my message and they have/will do something about people trying to walk between sections using Row 8....... I don't see people trying to use a row, any row, at the Xcel Center to walk between sections.
        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

I feel its a shame to have a college team, in a college game, in a college town with a LIVE college band being prohibited from playing the school song after a goal.

I also disagree with the "be happy with what you have" scenario... unless people voice their concerns, and voice their displeasures as well as their kudos, you end up with people making decisions about everyone based upon the views of a few. People believe if you say nothing that everything they do must be great. Commenting about changes creates discussion, discussion creates change, change creates atmosphere. No harm in that.

Standing by saying nothing creates illusions of perfection and resistance to change. People take production that they have created very personal. And ownership of intellectual property is great. But resistance to change and resistance to input only hinders that quality of the final product. The production of a truly great fan experience does not happen in a vacuum.

As far as I know there are no royalty fees associated with playing the school song.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
            I feel its a shame to have a college team, in a college game, in a college town with a LIVE college band being prohibited from playing the school song after a goal.

I also disagree with the "be happy with what you have" scenario... unless people voice their concerns, and voice their displeasures as well as their kudos, you end up with people making decisions about everyone based upon the views of a few. People believe if you say nothing that everything they do must be great. Commenting about changes creates discussion, discussion creates change, change creates atmosphere. No harm in that.

Standing by saying nothing creates illusions of perfection and resistance to change. People take production that they have created very personal. And ownership of intellectual property is great. But resistance to change and resistance to input only hinders that quality of the final product. The production of a truly great fan experience does not happen in a vacuum.

As far as I know there are no royalty fees associated with playing the school song.
            From what I have heard, there are suppose to be some microphones added into the band area so that they can be heard better throughout the arena. The reason I was given for them not doing it up to this point is that the school song would only be heard by part of the arena. Or so I have been told.

Lets discuss the 2:00 closing time for bars!!!
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              I am just hoping someone got my message and they have/will do something about people trying to walk between sections using Row 8....... I don't see people trying to use a row, any row, at the Xcel Center to walk between sections.
              Yeah, hopefully that settles down with fans' knowledge of the rink. That's a stinker for those in row 8.

Same goes for fans getting out of their seats or going to their seats during play. Wait - for - the - whistle! It would help if they said something over the PA before the puck drops each night - and educate the ushers (some do/some don't allow fans to head to their seats during play).

I'd like a LOUD, unique horn after a goal and then have the band play the school song. Or, loud, unique horn, some piped in music (I think it's "wooo who" or something) and then the school song.

Now, about that South Shore Development and 2pm closings . . . (seriously, any news on any committed bars/restaurants?)
              Fear the Green

Comment

Anyone have info about where Rendle would be in the WCHA rookie of the year running? I hope he is being mentioned as someone to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                  Now, about that South Shore Development and 2pm closings . . . (seriously, any news on any committed bars/restaurants?)
                  http://www.facebook.com/lakebemidjilodge?v=wall

Everything I have heard at that there is an apartment/condo development (around $6 million, I believe) that wants to go in and they want Zorbaz to be a tenant. Zorbaz won't come in unless the city extends the closing to 2 AM. The bars already established and the cops don't want it, but the City Council passed it at their December meeting, but with the new council members being seated in January, they are looking at overturning it. Now, Beltrami County, who has had a 2 AM closing for bars outside of City Limits, has decided they want to go with a 1 AM closing time. Why, after all these years they want to change, I don't know.

What little bit I know about this is that the 2 AM closing is optional, you don't have to do it. I know a bar owner in another area of the state that has the option of the 2 AM closing, and he opted not to since the associated costs (extra license fees, staff, other overhead costs) was not going to be off set by the profits made from the extra hour. But a bar down the street did opt to go with a 2 AM closing.

If a 2 AM closing is going to be what it takes to get the South Shore land off the taxpayers and back onto the tax rolls, then I think it is a no brainer to do it. Also, it gives you another bargaining chip for conventions against other parts of the state. But then again, I am an "outsider" and my opinion doesn't count.......
                  Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/lakebemidjilodge?v=wall
                    If a 2 AM closing is going to be what it takes to get the South Shore land off the taxpayers and back onto the tax rolls, then I think it is a no brainer to do it. Also, it gives you another bargaining chip for conventions against other parts of the state. But then again, I am an "outsider" and my opinion doesn't count.......
                    I agree 100%. Sometimes, it's hard to see the forest through the trees.
                    Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                      Anyone have info about where Rendle would be in the WCHA rookie of the year running? I hope he is being mentioned as someone to watch.
                      I'd say Zucker from DU, Schwartz CC and Faulk UMD are pretty far ahead of him.
                      Fear the Green

Comment

Chris Heisenberg's Recruit site is listing that BSU has added a goalie recruit.

Andrew Walsh, Dawson Creek of the NAHL. From Dawson Creek, BC, the 6'3" 200 pound goalie has played in 24 games this year with a 6-15-1 record, 3.5 GAA and a 90.8 save percentage.

http://dcrage.pointstreaksites.com/v...ews/news_21830
                        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Former Beaver Chris McKelvie has been called back up to the Connecticut Whale of the AHL from Greenville Road Warriors of the ECHL.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...=59&objId=1061
                          Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Kudos to BSU/Sanford Center for the improvements made over the past month. It's nice to be able to hear the band!
                            Fear the Green

Comment

I agree... huge kudos to the Sanford for the improvements. Was fantastic last night to see new season ticket holders chanting B E M I D J I after the goal. The band sound system was great. Excellent job.

Comment

Former Beaver Chris McKelvie has been called back up to the Connecticut Whale of the AHL from Greenville Road Warriors of the ECHL.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...=59&objId=1061
                                Chris McKelvie is out with a sliced toe.....

"The same could be said for the Whale on Tuesday night, when they host Providence in the start of a four-game homestand. They will have to make more changes as wing Chris McKelvie will have surgery Monday to repair a sliced toe sustained when he was stepped on in the second period Saturday night. McKelvie was playing his first game since being called up for the second time from Greenville of the ECHL on Thursday."

http://www.connecticutplus.com/cplus...47211472.shtml
                                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
                                X