Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhibition Game Real Attendance - How many fans showed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition Game Real Attendance - How many fans showed up?

Some schools list attendance by tickets sold, others by turnstile count of actual bodies in the house.

Looking at Denver's listed attendance for the two exhibition games this last weekend was 5K and 4K, but the actual number of fans who showed ip appeared to be about 1/2 of what was reported, meaning a lot of sold tickets went unused.

How many people actually showed up for your team's exhibition game (s)?

Re: Exhibition Game Real Attendance - How many fans showed up?

Gopher AD has always listed tickets sold. The tickets are scanned so they know how many showed up, but they ain't telling.

Over 8K listed for last night, I'd guess no more than 6K there.

Comment

WMU counts tickets sold for attendance and our exhibition game was free. So official attendance was 0, but reality was about 1,200.
      Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

UND had plenty of open seats, probably had 8k fans.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I didn't really try to count but Lowell probably had maybe 500 fans yesterday. It was free admission and it was against the St. Francis Xavier thugs.

Comment

Reported as 1,800, which seems about right. 3 o'clock on a Sunday during the Browns Bengals game did wonders for student attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
              I didn't really try to count but Lowell probably had maybe 500 fans yesterday. It was free admission and it was against the St. Francis Xavier thugs.
              According to the box score, it was 980.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It’s hard to judge (most of the attendance was behind me and not across the ice) but there were not many – less than 1,500. It was down right quite at times.
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

BU announced 4400 vs Toronto Saturday night. I am guessing that was paid and not actual body count.. Strong student sections. The rest weak. Guessing 3000 actual.
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

OSU: 47
                    (but we played [with] ourselves, which is never good to do in front of a lot of people...)
                    Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

National Hockey Center seemed about half full and the student section was loud and definitely into the game.

Comment

Maine - Acadia game listed attendance as 4072...seemed pretty close, the Alfond was bumping
                        PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

NMU was listed at 927, but there couldnt have been more than 200 people there
                          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                          2006-2007: 15-24-2
                          2007-2008: 20-20-4
                          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            NMU was listed at 927, but there couldnt have been more than 200 people there
                            Cripes! I should have gone North for the game. I could have had a good chance at a third Game Worn raffle jersey.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Notre Dame vs. U of Guelph was listed at about 2100. Regular admission was about 2/3 full and the student section was maybe 1/4 full.

Comment

Working...
                              X