X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    True, but only technically. No one "ran" Cannata. Play was right in front of me (literally). Thompson's leg grazed Cannata's helmet unintentionally and he flopped like a European soccer player. You could even see him looking to see if the refs were going to call anything, and then he was fine.
    HAHA

the only flopping UNH fans should be worrying about are as follows

1. Cannata flopping to make save after save and beat you
    2. UNH NCAA carear playoff runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      I dont see how someone sticks a knee out and can still say its an accident. If Bigos or someone else did that TO DeSimone then UNH fans would want an investigation and suspension. Like I said, I hope someone takes a run at DeSimone. That would be glorious.
      So your answer to an injury that may or may not have been caused by accident is to promote more dangerous and possibly injury incuding hits? ******* alert . . . no, we already knew.

Having never played D-I hockey (having played barely any hockey) I can't say this with much authority . . . but I am sure that, if it is found there was intent on DeSimone's part, then Hockey East, and both coaches, who are class acts, will deal with this appropriately. This isn't the NHL, there's no place for dropping the gloves. AND, I highly doubt Dennehey would do anything like that; if Da Costa is out for a long period (and it looks like he will be), they can't afford to have somebody else get suspended for retaliation.. Merrimack plays physical hockey, and I fully expect DeSimone to get hit -- and hard. But take a run at him? Try to injure him? Glad you're not a coach.

Stop posting tripe like this -- that would be glorious.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Of course they wont. If they get a chance to hit and maybe ahair after the whistle, most teams would and will.

MC's only focus will be to win and continue moving up in national rankings. That needs to be and will be focus. MD is way to smart to allow anything else to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          So your answer to an injury that may or may not have been caused by accident is to promote more dangerous and possibly injury incuding hits? ******* alert . . . no, we already knew.

Having never played D-I hockey (having played barely any hockey) I can't say this with much authority . . . but I am sure that, if it is found there was intent on DeSimone's part, then Hockey East, and both coaches, who are class acts, will deal with this appropriately. This isn't the NHL, there's no place for dropping the gloves. AND, I highly doubt Dennehey would do anything like that; if Da Costa is out for a long period (and it looks like he will be), they can't afford to have somebody else get suspended for retaliation.. Merrimack plays physical hockey, and I fully expect DeSimone to get hit -- and hard. But take a run at him? Try to injure him? Glad you're not a coach.

Stop posting tripe like this -- that would be glorious.
          1.) Child please.
          2.) Guys at this age know NOT to stick a knee out when skating by a player.
          3.) If DiSimone is taken off the ice in the same manner, I will rise and salute the MC player that caused it.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            I dont see how someone sticks a knee out and can still say its an accident. If Bigos or someone else did that TO DeSimone then UNH fans would want an investigation and suspension. Like I said, I hope someone takes a run at DeSimone. That would be glorious.
            I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you saw the play.

Comment

1.) Child, please.
              2.) Guys at this age know NOT to stick a knee out when skating by a player.
              3.) If DiSimone is taken off the ice in the same manner, I will rise and salute the MC player that caused it.
              1.) I don't think you can order children off a menu
              2.) So are you saying that DeSimone didn't stick his knee out? I truly don't understand this sentence.
              3.) Once again -- whether or not DeSimone hit Da Costa on purpose -- you are promoting more injury - and saying you'll celebrate it. That's absurdly class-less. I'd rather UNH not have to face a talented player like Da Costa - but not at the cost of his knee, game, season, career, etc . . . and I can't stand anybody who would celebrate an injury to ANYBODY. Your stance on the issue baffles me. I know you don't like UNH, and that's fine . . . but wishing injury on somebody? Seriously?

Sorry, Warriors fans, for interrupting your thread.

Comment

2.) So are you saying that DeSimone didn't stick his knee out? I truly don't understand this sentence.
                3.) Once again -- whether or not DeSimone hit Da Costa on purpose -- you are promoting more injury - and saying you'll celebrate it. That's absurdly class-less. I'd rather UNH not have to face a talented player like Da Costa - but not at the cost of his knee, game, season, career, etc . . . and I can't stand anybody who would celebrate an injury to ANYBODY. Your stance on the issue baffles me. I know you don't like UNH, and that's fine . . . but wishing injury on somebody? Seriously?

Its a hockey game

Of course you want to play MC with Dacosta. That would be like wanting to go watch the Patriots without Brady, even if you were he opposition. You want to watch and beat their best.

Dacosta and Cannata are generational Hockeyeast talents and watching an MC game without them would be no where near the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Its a hockey game

Of course you want to play MC with Dacosta. That would be like wanting to go watch the Patriots without Brady, even if you were he opposition. You want to watch and beat their best.

Dacosta and Cannata are generational Hockeyeast talents and watching an MC game without them would be no where near the fun.
                  A valid point, but . . . I'd just rather win No, it makes sense. And I'm glad that Merrimack is relevant, even if it costs UNH some points. Strength of the league and all that.

Comment

I have no hate towards UNH at all, I couldn't care less. What does bothers me is the UNH fan base who whines after every loss (refs), cries whenever UNH takes a penalty (the player dove) and thinks all their players are gods and could never do something wrong (this DeSimone situation). Give you UNH clods a couple of days and you'll be trying to convince everyone DiSimone wasn't even on the ice at the time. At worst, DiSimone should be suspended (if Diamond at UM was, this guy should, too). I would like to see Bigos put this guy thru the glass tonight.

Comment

True, but only technically. No one "ran" Cannata. Play was right in front of me (literally). Thompson's leg grazed Cannata's helmet unintentionally and he flopped like a European soccer player. You could even see him looking to see if the refs were going to call anything, and then he was fine.
                      Careful. Barely touching goaltenders is Bertagna's point of emphasis this season. Expect to find out 10 minutes before the game tonight that Thompson is suspended.

Comment

I have no hate towards UNH at all, I couldn't care less. What does bothers me is the UNH fan base who whines after every loss (refs), cries whenever UNH takes a penalty (the player dove) and thinks all their players are gods and could never do something wrong (this DeSimone situation). Give you UNH clods a couple of days and you'll be trying to convince everyone DiSimone wasn't even on the ice at the time. At worst, DiSimone should be suspended (if Diamond at UM was, this guy should, too). I would like to see Bigos put this guy thru the glass tonight.
                        More BS than Pamplona.

I'll ask this time: did you see the play? I honestly do not know what happened. I can say that I've seen similar plays where two players, skating in opposite directions collide, and one of the players gets hurt. It does happen. DeSimone may have stuck his leg out with the intention of making contact, and if so, he should be suspended (a sentiment I believe to be shared by most UNH fans). If not, then he doesn't. Will you still applaud Merrimack for head-hunting in that situation?
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

I was sitting in 116, close to center ice where the hit happened. Me, my buddy (a unh fan) and a few unh fans around me all thought Desimone stuck his leg out. It was a dirty play. cheap shot.

Comment

More BS than Pamplona.

I'll ask this time: did you see the play? I honestly do not know what happened. I can say that I've seen similar plays where two players, skating in opposite directions collide, and one of the players gets hurt. It does happen. DeSimone may have stuck his leg out with the intention of making contact, and if so, he should be suspended (a sentiment I believe to be shared by most UNH fans). If not, then he doesn't. Will you still applaud Merrimack for head-hunting in that situation?
                            I wasn't there, but I had friends who were. Texted me about it and how dirty it was after it happened. Came home and read the stuff here. Eye for an eye. If UNH played dirty, MC has the right to retaliate when the opportunity is there. I don't want any player to get 'hurt', but I won't shed a tear if DiSimone gets bundled thoroughly.

Comment

I wasn't there, but I had friends who were. Texted me about it and how dirty it was after it happened. Came home and read the stuff here. Eye for an eye. If UNH played dirty, MC has the right to retaliate when the opportunity is there. I don't want any player to get 'hurt', but I won't shed a tear if DiSimone gets bundled thoroughly.
                              I love comicbookguy calling mack head hunters. OK how would the wildcats react if a Mack player stuck his knee and and maybe ended the season of Paul Thompson???? they would react the same way. The warriors just saw their star get cheap shotted. unh would do the same. take the navy glasses off for a minute and think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
                                I love comicbookguy calling mack head hunters. OK how would the wildcats react if a Mack player stuck his knee and and maybe ended the season of Paul Thompson???? they would react the same way. The warriors just saw their star get cheap shotted. unh would do the same. take the navy glasses off for a minute and think about it.
                                A UNH player could pull out a machete and hack Cannata to death tonight and UNH fans will accuse Cannata of diving. It's the way they are. If DaCosta had kneed DiSimone, they'd want DaCosta hanged from the highest tree in Durham. They are absolute hypocrits of the first order. Here's hoping DaCosta is ok and I really do hope someone on the Mac sends a message to these "innocent Wildcats" tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X