X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    Which game will Collins have to sit out for his actions at NU?
    what actions were those?

Comment

didn't collins start that brawl?

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
        This weeks USCHO bracketology report has Merrimack playing RPI in the regionals at Manchester NH. I know, there is a lot more hockey to be played out but how cool would that be? I think the Mack in Manchester would be great!
        I'm sure the place would be almost entirely pro-Mack sans the traveling RPI fans.
        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
          As a Merrimack fan, I love being able to be right on top of the action. We now have a nice blue line club with as easy access to the arena as any blue line club in the league. The seats are a lot better and the ice is better. It would obviously cost a lot of money, but I think further improvements need to be made to the lobby and if at all possible raising the roof or lowering the ice. Merrimack is a small school that does not need more seats than 2500.
          I stand corrected. It has obviously been some years since I was at MC for a game. I think the last time was just after a "big renovation" that added the windowed boxes above the home section.

I am looking forward to seeing the renovated arena. And watching a good UNH-MC battle.

Comment

It doesn't hurt to be the only game in town.
            And they have more beer and booze stands than food stands. Do any other colleges sell beer at their games? NCAA bans sale at the Frozen Four. Interesting that UML allows it at their games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
              Fun Fact. Durham is 37 miles from the Verizon. North Andover is 34 miles. I think it would just be a huge crotch punch for this team to have to cross the country, hopefully they can slot in either in manchvegas or conn.
              Location has only a little to do with where a team goes. UNH will go to Manchvegas for the regionals because it is the host. The rest comes down to seedings. Teams will be moved to avoid conference opponents in the first round. Sometimes they will also move a team to help with attendance figures at a location. Personally I wish they would keep the matchups as true to the standings as possible but avoid intra-conference match ups even beyond the first round. I'd rather see teams from other conferences than HE rivals yet again.

It does stink when a team gets sent across the country for the regionals. Three ? years ago, UNH was sent to the West regionals as the #1 seed. The #1 seeds should get to stay as close to home as possible -- a reward for finishing in the top four. That was the year the Frozen Four was in Denver too. I think part of the thinking that year was the UNH fans would travel so they got bounced out there. Made it tough for most of us to make the trip to support the team.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                what actions were those?
                The league office saw the game tape which showed a spearing violation by Collins on Silva that preceded the brawl. The refs (castratos, apparently) ignored it like they ignored Cucci's mugging of Justin Daniels in OT. They decided that the "refs" should have given him 5 minutes and a DQ, They suspended him for the next game. Lotta good that did for NU.
                Collins didn't play vs. UMass. Perhaps he has served his sentnece and can play both games this weekend.

I'd pay good money to see a Merrimack-Northeastern matchup in the first round of the playoffs or hopefully a game at the Gahden.

Comment

The league re-watches games? Doubt that. someone must have cried about it. But I did see it and thought it was a spear too, well a hook to the groin anyway. but it was funny that silva didnt miss a shift after it and didn't miss a shift after being "run" from behind by DaCosta either. He should be nominated for an academy award. And what about Mcneely, who was pounding away on Heywood with his gloves off (isn't that a fighting major)? while Heywood was on the ground turtling, gloves still on. No fighting major? Gloves were off. Mcneely is a punk, has been since his rookie year. In fact, no offense to Northeastern fans, but that entire team is full of punks and thugs. It's like watching a Merrimack game towards the end of the Serino era (and Im a mack fan! hahaha). Hart, Carisio, J Wilson, Lalonde were all goonish. So is most of the NU team.

Comment

Oh but youre right, Collins sat against UMass. What I want to know is where in the hell has Shawn Bates been??? Thought he was a stud but he's been mia for a few games now.

Comment

The league office saw the game tape which showed a spearing violation by Collins on Silva that preceded the brawl. The refs (castratos, apparently) ignored it like they ignored Cucci's mugging of Justin Daniels in OT. They decided that the "refs" should have given him 5 minutes and a DQ, They suspended him for the next game.
                      my only other question is that if the league office saw the tape and suspended him, why no announcement????? They announced Diamonds (maine) suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by gdawg View Post
                        And they have more beer and booze stands than food stands. Do any other colleges sell beer at their games? NCAA bans sale at the Frozen Four. Interesting that UML allows it at their games.
                        BU. UNH is barred by State law from doing so.

Wisco has a beer garden, I'm pretty sure some of the other Western programs also have beer sales.
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                          BU. UNH is barred by State law from doing so.

Wisco has a beer garden, I'm pretty sure some of the other Western programs also have beer sales.
                          Does Wisco still have a beer garden at their on campus rink? I know they used to at the old Dane County Coliseum which was not on campus...

Can't figure out how UML was allowed to sell beer... I know BU was (somehow) grandfathered in. There's no consistency with anything, but I'm sure there's $$$$$ involved

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                            MC is in Hockey East. Therefore, their rink is a Hockey East "Level" rink. Go troll somewhere else.
                            Lawler rink actually is not up to Hockey East standards. It was gradfathered in.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              Does Wisco still have a beer garden at their on campus rink? I know they used to at the old Dane County Coliseum which was not on campus...

Can't figure out how UML was allowed to sell beer... I know BU was (somehow) grandfathered in. There's no consistency with anything, but I'm sure there's $$$$$ involved
                              There is also a room you can get beers in between periods at PC games but you can't bring them into the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post

No grandfathering or anything like that. Actually, unless it is a NCAA event (e.g., Regionals, Frozen Four etc.), whether there are alcohol sales has nothing to do with the NCAA. It is entirely dependent on state law. For example, in MA, there is no law banning the sale of alcoholic beverages at college athletics events, so alcohol sales are allowed at UML, BU, Garden for hockey east tourni... etc. However, in NH, there is a state law prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages at college athletics events, hence why UNH cannot serve booze.

Comment

Working...
                                X