This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

I'm thinking of buying the online web feed of the game through your site. Anyone know how much it costs or if the quality is any good?
    time to write new history

Comment

cost is 7 dollars,

Quality is...I dunno it's ok. Commentators are colorful, replay work is pretty good too. I've hooked it up to my 46" Sony Bravia and it's watchable, little grainy but watchable. For me anyways, worth the 7 dollars.
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
        cost is 7 dollars,

Quality is...I dunno it's ok. Commentators are colorful, replay work is pretty good too. I've hooked it up to my 46" Sony Bravia and it's watchable, little grainy but watchable. For me anyways, worth the 7 dollars.
        Sounds good enough. $7 ain't bad. I was just concerned because some webcasts I've bought, namely the Icebreaker ones from this year, have been awful, to the point where you could barely see where the puck was or read the number on the shirt of the guy who had it.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          Sounds good enough. $7 ain't bad. I was just concerned because some webcasts I've bought, namely the Icebreaker ones from this year, have been awful, to the point where you could barely see where the puck was or read the number on the shirt of the guy who had it.
          Ya, it's not that bad, Ive seen better online broadcasts...but I've also seen a lot worse.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Nice win tonight, Merrimack. I thought we had a chance to steal it back at the end there, but it wasn't to be. Hope Cucci is okay.

b2live SUCKS, more than BC will this Friday (I mean, I had to, right?). The quality was terrible, and their customer service was absolutely rude. Never again for me.
            Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

Now we need to take care of business at home on Friday to complete the season sweep against the lowell river rats.

Longest winning streak in the country, let's keep it rolling and keep climbing up the rankings/pairwise.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Now we need to take care of business at home on Friday to complete the season sweep against the lowell river rats.

Longest winning streak in the country, let's keep it rolling and keep climbing up the rankings/pairwise.
                Agreed. Great win tonight. Made me a little nervous watching BU come back there in the third, but at the end of the day, the W is what counts, and it's nice to be able to relax and not have to play "what if" afterwards and look at the subjective things in the game rather than the results.

Four of the next five games for the Warriors are at home, and I'd say all five are winnable. Fourth place is there for the taking, with Merrimack only one point behind both BU and Maine now, with one game in hand (and a tiebreaker) on the Terriers and two in hand on Maine. There are opportunities, if the team is able to capitalize on them.

With how tight the season finish was last year, I honestly wondered if the Warriors had lost their chance to make some noise-- that by now, BU and Maine would have fully returned to form and BC might be dominating the nation. BU and Maine are still not back to their usual form, and BC looks vulnerable. The home ice spots for the playoff this year could feature one, if not two, programs that aren't usually in that position: Merrimack and possibly NU, who are two points behind the Warriors now but also, like Maine, give two games. In sole possession of 5th at the moment, and 1 point out of third, Merrimack has fewer games played than any other team in home ice contention besides UNH. Not a bad position to be in-- the team just needs to keep doing what it is doing to make the best of it.

Go Warriors!

Comment

BU is like a monster from any horror movie, they never die. Unless you absolutely bury them under the concrete of a 6-0 start to the game, you're never quite out of the woods. We had a few great chances to increase the lead but couldn't quite do it, I credit Milan with some really flashy saves on some point blank shots.

Two points is two points, and hey, this is BU we're talking abut. Ya they're not the powerhouse of old but that program is tried and true, taking 4 out of 6 points on the season from them is a tremendous positive....perhaps Carmine can hook us up with another banner to go next to the BC season series one? haha all joking aside, I think those two things are huge accomplishments for this team.

Besides the home and home with UNH and the two games up in Orono Merrimack's schedule from here on out looks great.

UNH is a scary team this year, they're always good but man...1 loss inside the conference so far? Despite whatever colorful terms BC fans might give them, I respect them as a team today...not what they've done/haven't done in the past. It would be great to get a split that weekend.

I think coming away with 2 or 3 points from the Orono hike is key too...but maybe not AS key if Maine continues its downward spiral (although they showed some life beating BC up there pretty handily a few days ago).

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
                    Four of the next five games for the Warriors are at home, and I'd say all five are winnable. Fourth place is there for the taking, with Merrimack only one point behind both BU and Maine now, with one game in hand (and a tiebreaker) on the Terriers and two in hand on Maine. There are opportunities, if the team is able to capitalize on them.
                    Unfortunately, Maine and MC have both played 14 games according to hockeyeastonline...we have 2 games in hand over BC, but they are 5 points ahead of us.
                    As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Lawrence Eagle Tribune articles about last night's game.

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x...785/See-you-BU

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x...keys-spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Parker shouldnt have said anything about the cheap shot, just let it go or say he didnt have a good view. BU has more talent, Warsofsky is so good at moving the puck and handling the puck I feel he is ready for the next step. No D on Merrimack even close.

Cannata was fantastic as first goal was a fluke, 2nd was a snipe. He made saves with and without stick, most point blank. MC's were more opportunistic.

BU has much more talent but MC plays better as a team and lives exactly inside MD's system

Kids like Clendening screw it up for BU. The first goal was 100% on him. had a 5/4 and he coughed it up twice on point on PP and then took a dumb hooking penalty. Forced teh puck all night to either wrong guy or toa guy who would get killed if he caught it. His alte penalty as well as Coyles were stupid and made it easy for MC

FYI, 100% of MC's offence comes from Dacosta. If and when he and Cannata leave, the wheels fall off. until then, they can make some noise.

Comment

BU is like a monster from any horror movie, they never die. Unless you absolutely bury them under the concrete of a 6-0 start to the game, you're never quite out of the woods. We had a few great chances to increase the lead but couldn't quite do it, I credit Milan with some really flashy saves on some point blank shots.

Two points is two points, and hey, this is BU we're talking abut. Ya they're not the powerhouse of old but that program is tried and true, taking 4 out of 6 points on the season from them is a tremendous positive....perhaps Carmine can hook us up with another banner to go next to the BC season series one? haha all joking aside, I think those two things are huge accomplishments for this team.

Besides the home and home with UNH and the two games up in Orono Merrimack's schedule from here on out looks great.

UNH is a scary team this year, they're always good but man...1 loss inside the conference so far? Despite whatever colorful terms BC fans might give them, I respect them as a team today...not what they've done/haven't done in the past. It would be great to get a split that weekend.

I think coming away with 2 or 3 points from the Orono hike is key too...but maybe not AS key if Maine continues its downward spiral (although they showed some life beating BC up there pretty handily a few days ago).
                          you're right, they never die and even with your hypothetical 6-0 hole, don't count 'em out, ever. good win again for you guys but this was not a surprise was it? If BU won, THEN it would have been a mild surprise. winning on your home ice is expected from a team on your level.......and kudos for the double boston season series win, THAT is an accomplishment, IMO, and, yeah, if you want to stitch up another banner, have at it

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            FYI, 100% of MC's offence comes from Dacosta. If and when he and Cannata leave, the wheels fall off. until then, they can make some noise.
                            My God, you never stop, do you? Just give credit where credit is due. Sure Merrimack doesn't have a Warsofsky or Coyle, but they are a better overall team than BU. I'd certainly take Cannata over Millan. Also, to simply say Da Costa is the entire offense for Merrimack isn't accurate. Furthermore, to say the "wheels will fall off" when Merrimack loses him and Cannata isn't fair to Dennehy--but that hasn't stopped you before.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              lol what are you talking about? Da Costa's line was on the ice for one of the 3 goals...that's 33.33% not 100%.

I think this team will certainly have some gaps to fill, but I think it's doable. Will they be looking at home ice when Cannata, Barton and Da Costa leave? Probably not, will they fall somewhere in the 5-8 range in HE, I'm willing to bet on it.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                My God, you never stop, do you? Just give credit where credit is due. Sure Merrimack doesn't have a Warsofsky or Coyle, but they are a better overall team than BU. I'd certainly take Cannata over Millan. Also, to simply say Da Costa is the entire offense for Merrimack isn't accurate. Furthermore, to say the "wheels will fall off" when Merrimack loses him and Cannata isn't fair to Dennehy--but that hasn't stopped you before.
                                No they are not. Cannata is the reason they were better. There were periods last night where MC couldnt get thepuck out of the zone. Very long stretches. The goals they got were very opportunistic, throw it on net and get one. Dacosta is the key and coaches run their lines around him. He is so good. makes pases that others don't even see. Back hand saucer passes on the point right on the tape while under pressure etc. He is so talented. One of the only ones who has BU top 2 line type skill.

Nothing to do with being fair to anyone. That is his team, they are winning and he deserves a huge part of the credit. He is the one who brought them in and has kept them there, no one else. That is not to say that if they leave they wont fall hard. they will.

If you swapped goalies last night and Milan was forced to see the point blank opportunities Cannata did, the score would have been 5 or 6 to 2.

BU was all over MC first 3 or 4 minutes, Cannata made seevral great saves and then Clendening made a stupid play on the point, over handled it twice and then compounded it by taking a dumb trip/hooking penalty. MC goes down and causes a scrum and scores making ity 1-0. That turned the momentum

Hats off to MC and I hope they make a run for home ice and get to the Garden. Similar to other teams though of late, UML, Northeastern etc, whena couple elite players leave, program falls on hard times. Next in line won last night

Comment

Working...
                                X