This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Hey guys, I think I'm gonna head to the Mack-Maine game next weekend with 2 or 3 other people. do you think i'll be alright getting tix at the door or should i get them ahead of time? Thanks in advance
    It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
    But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
      Hey guys, I think I'm gonna head to the Mack-Maine game next weekend with 2 or 3 other people. do you think i'll be alright getting tix at the door or should i get them ahead of time? Thanks in advance
      Maine, BC and UNH always draw the best. The capacity has been reduced by the chairback seats, but I would assume if you got there early enough, you'd have no problem, but if you didn't get there until 3:45, I would say there could potentially be a problem. Students won't be back also.

Comment

good job guys!

Comment

Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
          Hey there 2012, I would jump on acquiring tickets this week online, according to the Merrimack radio broadcast last night, under 600 tickets remain for the game.

https://www.eti*****/ticket/servlet/...nce_id=1324243

My guess is those will be gone close to gametime, so anything more than one or two seats will be tough to acquire at the ticket counter...
          "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
          "Why?"
          "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

looking mighty pretty sitting 1 point out of third place in the best conference in college hockey
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
              looking mighty pretty sitting 1 point out of third place in the best conference in college hockey
              You finally DID get kicked out of Hockey East! Thank God. Injuries to the other 9 teams are about to go way down now.

Congrats to the WCHA for picking up Merrimack.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Congrats on a great win! Good luck down the road. This was my first trip to Lawler and the one thing that really stood out was how low the ceiling is. A low ceiling like that takes away the high flip dump in. I think NCAA rules state that there must be at least 35 feet between the ice and the ceiling, scoreboard etc... Is that ceiling exactly 35 feet above the ice?

Comment

what's up with Cannata? Mike Mcmahon's Tribune article said he "went down after a breakaway save" in the 3rd and was relpaced but he didn't say what the injury was.............

Comment

Saw the video highlights of the Maine game. The Merrimack play by play announcer RULES. Love him!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      what's up with Cannata? Mike Mcmahon's Tribune article said he "went down after a breakaway save" in the 3rd and was relpaced but he didn't say what the injury was.............
                      Looked like he might've strained something or gotten a cramp while going into a split. He got up and wanted to stay in the game, but Dennehy elected to play it safe and take him out. Dennehy said after the game that it wasn't anything serious.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        You finally DID get kicked out of Hockey East! Thank God. Injuries to the other 9 teams are about to go way down now.

Congrats to the WCHA for picking up Merrimack.
                        What's your problem? Seriously, what is your deal? Bitter much that Maine just got absolutely SPANKED and sent crying back to Orono? See you in a few weeks, we'll beat you up there too.

Sters: Cannata went down and at first it looked really bad. He went down into a split to block a shot - which he did - nothing looked out of the ordinary but he started to wince and it looked like it was a groin problem. He was down for a while, got up. Marotta skated over and I could see Cannata mouthing to the bench "no I'm fine, no worries". Dennehy did the safe thing and pulled him anyways.

At this point I'm not concerned, I think he'll be just fine to help us try and win the season series from the Terriers.

@SalvucciM

Comment

What's your problem? Seriously, what is your deal? Bitter much that Maine just got absolutely SPANKED and sent crying back to Orono? See you in a few weeks, we'll beat you up there too.
                          Good I hope you do. I'm waiting anxiously for Merrimack to win a road game against someone in the top half of the country.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Sters: Cannata went down and at first it looked really bad. He went down into a split to block a shot - which he did - nothing looked out of the ordinary but he started to wince and it looked like it was a groin problem. He was down for a while, got up. Marotta skated over and I could see Cannata mouthing to the bench "no I'm fine, no worries". Dennehy did the safe thing and pulled him anyways.

At this point I'm not concerned, I think he'll be just fine to help us try and win the season series from the Terriers.
                            Carmine is here to be funny, agitate people. I would not worry about it, but he is a BC fan. It is great what Merrimack is doing this year. I could not be happier, but let's just let the boys take care of business. No need to tell the whole world how great the team is because then people can come back and say "told you so" if it doesn't work out in the end. Enjoy the ride. This is the best team we've had in since 88. The 96-97 season was good, but didn't have the depth and skating ability of this team.

Comment

How do we think the team will do with short rest against BU?

@SalvucciM

Comment

A few observations from last night's game:

1. Merrimack's forecheck was the best I have seen this season. You could tell that Maine's defensemen were being forced to deviate from their normal outlet passes and zip the puck through the neutral zone to break MC's aggressive play.

2. I thought one of the headier plays in this tilt came from Mike Collins. In the 1st period, Karl Stollery was already heading to the box for a crosscheck, to give Maine a chance to creep back into the game. Collins started up a scholarly chat with Will O'Neill and O'Neill had heard enough and took a swing at Collins to cut it out. The ref saw the whole exchange, and took O'Neill off the ice to make it 4 on 4. The result: 40 seconds later Stephane Da Costa blasts one that Ouellette never touched to make it 3-1 Warriors. Unsung "play" by Collins, could have been a big PP for the Black Bears if O'Neill doesn't take a hack at the freshman.

3. Cannata made one of the best saves I've seen in my time at Lawler with a diving (Tuukka Rask vs. Wild esc) save going left to right in the 3rd period. In addition, his save against Mangene on the breakaway in the third was very good, even though he hurt himself in the process. I think if Joe keeps his GAA under 2.00, he could be Merrimack's first All-American since Rejean Stringer (97-98).

4. The freshman D who played last night have been as good as advertised:

Jordan Heywood: Hits as hard as any D-man in Hockey East, and delivers one of the better hip checks in the league. Very responsible in his own zone and first pass out of the zone is typically strong.

Brendan Ellis: If you have never seen him play you might not pick him out immediately, but he is a rock on the blue line. Has a lot of speed for a D-man and is good at jumping up into the rush, and in some cases breaking down the opposing D.

5. Kyle Bigos took more shots from the blue line last night on the PP and I have to say I'm all for it. His shot is so heavy, I figure if he has an open look he might as well put it on net. In time, he could be a feature player on that PP, especially with a Brodhag or maybe a Flanigan in front of the net to clean up the loose rebounds.
                                "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                                "Why?"
                                "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Working...
                                X