This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: taking H.E. one chair-back seat at a time

Warriors should crack the top 20....Both Robert Morris and MSU were swept; could see MC come in at 19 or 20. Don't ever remember them being ranked, certainly not after 10 games. Keep it going!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Merrimack is back on the Inch Power Rankings at 17

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Poll...polls_0908.htm

Comment

18th in USCHO. 1st time in school history that they have been in the Top 20.
        Would LOVE to see them take the season series from the Eagles on Friday. Betting they see Muse and not Milner; Muse is putting up "Jimmy Howard" like numbers so far this year.

Comment

The Warriors make the poll for the first time ever at #18

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

Comment

What a leap for this program.

Very tough weekend ahead of us. Winning the season series against BC would be fantastic. Nice to have them at home but without students it may not really be a Merrimack advantage.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

#18, good for you guys and HE. great stuff going on over there..........The Metamorphosis comes to mind

Comment

A nice acknowledgement from a classy BC fan (and you're right, I'm guessing that neither you nor I is a cute as Scarlet; I hope she's comfortable with the"cute" moniker!) I recall seeing a group photo of the HE posters a while back, and IIRC, she is!

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                  A nice acknowledgement from a classy BC fan (and you're right, I'm guessing that neither you nor I is a cute as Scarlet; I hope she's comfortable with the"cute" moniker!) I recall seeing a group photo of the HE posters a while back, and IIRC, she is!
                  you're welcome .........and it's why i used "pretty" rather than "cute".......i think a vast majority of HE fans are thrilled for you guys. hope friday's game is a barn burner and i will be in attendance

Comment

Stay away from my girl Scarlet!!! I called dibs EONS ago!!!

She is smart and VERY funny to boot. The classic triple threat. Plus at one point we've both rooted for BU.

Comment

I've heard from a few sources that tickets are actually going faster than the game back in October.

Might be a good idea to pre-order.
                      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Stay away from my girl Scarlet!!! I called dibs EONS ago!!!

She is smart and VERY funny to boot. The classic triple threat. Plus at one point we've both rooted for BU.
                        but then you were incarcerated by the USCHO police and had to go to the end of the line

Comment

i hate the uscho police....they get me everytime....looking forward to some turkey and good hockey this weekend though. I'm very interested to see how the weekend pans out....MC needs to take some points out of the weekend for sure
                          "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

So let's keep the "1sts" coming for this team. 1st time they've been ranked. How 'bout if they knock off BC....would that be the 1st time they've taken the season series from the Eagles? And if they can beat UNH, they'll be the 1st team to give the Wildcats a loss at the Whit this year.

My guess....they get Muse on Friday and drop a close one to BC, 3-1 with an ENG for the Eagles. UNH has had some defensive lapses (see "Brown vs UNH") and I could see MC taking advantage. 3-3 tie on the big sheet.

The Warriors are 2-0-2 in their last 4, and Da Costa has been held scoreless. Maybe with a little "puck-luck" he can pop a couple and avoid what is beginning to look like a sophomore slump.

Comment

My guess....they get Muse on Friday and drop a close one to BC, 3-1 with an ENG for the Eagles. UNH has had some defensive lapses (see "Brown vs UNH") and I could see MC taking advantage. 3-3 tie on the big sheet.

The Warriors are 2-0-2 in their last 4, and Da Costa has been held scoreless. Maybe with a little "puck-luck" he can pop a couple and avoid what is beginning to look like a sophomore slump.
                              I think you're right, they get Muse on Friday and honestly--any points MC takes out of that game are golden. The Eagles will be coming into this game angry if the last meeting was any indication--they don't want to be taken out again by the new kid on the block...

As far as UNH goes, DiGirolamo looked very pedestrian in the game footage I saw vs Brown--he was over committing to the shooter too often, and was being beaten a lot more than he should have. MC will hang in there all three periods, but need to find that killer instinct they had in the Lowell road game to take points away.

DaCosta has definitely had to overcome more this year, I have seen him getting double teamed a lot more--but that doesn't mean he isn't affecting the game. He is still one of the best passers in the league and his vision up the ice is still very good. The issue is that he has been ringing a lot of posts the last two weeks, plus taking a beating from the opposing team. The good news for MC fans is that he usually scores in bunches, so once you see one point--he may get ten in five games...
                              Last edited by WarriorDJ; 11-24-2010, 05:58 PM.
                              "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                              "Why?"
                              "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Well sorry to have doubted them! Taking the season series from the defending Nat'l champs, I'm guessing for the 1st time ever since joining HE? Beating Muse 4 times. Da Costa with a 3 point night. Well done.
                                To me, BC is THE benchmark program; great coach, top notch recruits year in and year out. It says a lot about MC to take 2 of 3 and to have played them the way they have this year. Props all around!

Comment

Working...
                                X