PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Superior ShowCASE: tUMD, MTU, NMU, and LSSU

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Twitch Boy
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM
boot_jamie_russell is next. Just sayin'

Problem with that is he'd have as many people backing him up as he did trolling.

NMUFAN
10-03-2010, 11:55 PM
UMD will win both of their games. I believe NMU has yet to score against UMD at the Berry in their previous 2 appearances in Marquette during this showcase. The Bulldogs should be one of the better teams in the country this year.

And I've seen enough MTU-NMU games to know Tech will give the Cats all they can handle. The playing time the Huskies got overseas in August will give them a leg up.

I predict:

Friday
UMD 5 LSSU 2
MTU 4 NMU 2

Saturday
UMD 6 NMU 1 (Yes, the Cats will score)
MTU 3 LSSU3

nmupiccdiva
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM
UMD will win both of their games. I believe NMU has yet to score against UMD at the Berry in their previous 2 appearances in Marquette during this showcase. The Bulldogs should be one of the better teams in the country this year.

And I've seen enough MTU-NMU games to know Tech will give the Cats all they can handle. The playing time the Huskies got overseas in August will give them a leg up.

I predict:

Friday
UMD 5 LSSU 2
MTU 4 NMU 2

Saturday
MTU 3 LSSU3

Yikes!

UMD will give us trouble. However, we did take them down last year in their barn, so anything can happen. I'd like to think we can at least hang with the 'Dogs for most of the game, and we will find the back of the net.
As for Tech, I saw enough to be nervous, but as I've said about 93248204932 times now, if NMU can play 60 solid minutes, we'll be fine. Rivalry fire will come out, and it will be a close one that takes us to the wire, if not OT.

Predictions:
Friday:
UMD 5 LSSU 1
NMU 3 MTU 2 (OT)

Saturday:
UMD 4 NMU 2
MTU 2 LSSU 0

Biddco
10-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Yikes!

UMD will give us trouble. However, we did take them down last year in their barn, so anything can happen. I'd like to think we can at least hang with the 'Dogs for most of the game, and we will find the back of the net.
As for Tech, I saw enough to be nervous, but as I've said about 93248204932 times now, if NMU can play 60 solid minutes, we'll be fine. Rivalry fire will come out, and it will be a close one that takes us to the wire, if not OT.

Predictions:
Friday:
UMD 5 LSSU 1
NMU 3 MTU 2 (OT)

Saturday:
UMD 4 NMU 2
MTU 2 LSSU 0
It didn't help that NMU had just lost to Tech the night (or couple days before). Walt Kyle and his red tomato head made sure of that. UMD wasn't as amped as NMU was in that game.

I predict:

Friday
UMD 5 LSSU 2
MTU 4 NMU 2

Saturday
MTU 3 LSSU3
Sounds good to me. I don't think our scores will be that high however.

Hello, losers
Hi Booshie wooshie!

UMD and LSSU both wanted out, I believe. Being at the opposite ends of the lake, it was just another long bus trip. Plus, Duluth's been a pretty good team the last couple of years and will have a brand new building in January, so they probably figure that they can do better in terms of OOC scheduling.
This sounds right to me. As a UMD fan I want us to play different teams. Not the same teams every year. The Showcase has run its course.

nmupiccdiva
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
It didn't help that NMU had just lost to Tech the night (or couple days before). Walt Kyle and his red tomato head made sure of that. UMD wasn't as amped as NMU was in that game.

This sounds right to me. As a UMD fan I want us to play different teams. Not the same teams every year. The Showcase has run its course.

I never even thought about that end of things.
Do you think that because of that surprise last year UMD will be a little more in to it this year?

I do agree--the showcase was neat the first time around, but I think 4 years was too much. I think 2 years would have been perfect.

Shirtless Guy
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Do you think that because of that surprise last year UMD will be a little more in to it this year?

I do agree--the showcase was neat the first time around, but I think 4 years was too much. I think 2 years would have been perfect.I think the problem with the Showcase is that Duluth to the Soo is a very long *** drive...

Biddco
10-04-2010, 04:37 PM

I do agree--the showcase was neat the first time around, but I think 4 years was too much. I think 2 years would have been perfect.
I hope so. UMD can look at two games for them not making the NCAAs. Losing to BSU (twice in fact) and losing to NMU. Win against NMU and we probably could have made the NCAAs. Hopefully Sandy and the returning players will make a point of this during practice this week. If I was on the team I would be very upset and become more motivated for this weekend.

Agreed with the Showcase. I hope we will get some exciting non-conference opponents.

I think the problem with the Showcase is that Duluth to the Soo is a very long *** drive...
It is 8 hours. Which would be IIRC the longest roadie for the year. Although if UMD played in Omaha, it would be the second longest (8 1/2 hours).

Runninwiththedogs
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM

We were missing Mike Connolly during that series.

I hope so. UMD can look at two games for them not making the NCAAs. Losing to BSU (twice in fact) and losing to NMU. Win against NMU and we probably could have made the NCAAs. Hopefully Sandy and the returning players will make a point of this during practice this week. If I was on the team I would be very upset and become more motivated for this weekend.

No, Biddy, you are wrong.

tUMD losing to Vermont was the single game that killed us. All because we lost ONE comparison with BU, who managed to go 0-2-1 against them.

Twitch Boy
10-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Two losses to Tech didn't help your PWR either :p

Shirtless Guy
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
We were missing Mike Connolly during that series.

tUMD losing to Vermont was the single game that killed us. All because we lost ONE comparison with BU, who managed to go 0-2-1 against them.

UMD Rankings
Reality: 17th
T vs NMU 10/11: 9th
W vs NMU 10/11: 9th
W vs SCSU 10/23: 8th
T vs SCSU 10/24: 10th
W vs SCSU 10/24: 6th
T vs CC 11/07 or 3/13: 10th
W vs CC 11/07 or 3/13: 9th
T vs MTU 11/13 or 2/5: 15th
W vs MTU 11/13 or 2/5: 8th
T vs UND 12/04 or 2/19 or 2/20: 10th
W vs UND 12/04 or 2/19 or 2/20: 9th
T vs DU 12/11: 10th
W vs DU 12/11: 9th
T vs UVM 1/3: 9th
W vs UVM 1/3: 9th
T vs BSU 1/22 or 23: 9th
W vs BSU 1/22 or 23: 8th
T vs UW 1/29: 10th
W vs UW 1/29: 9th
T vs Min 2/26: 10th
W vs Min 2/26: 9th
T vs UAA 3/5: 15th
W vs UAA 3/5: 11th

So there you go...Win ANY game that UMD lost or Tied and they're in...Tie any game they lost except vs MTU or UAA and they're in so quit *****ing about some little comparison UMD lost.

Runninwiththedogs
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
UMD Rankings
Reality: 17th
T vs NMU 10/11: 9th
W vs NMU 10/11: 9th
W vs SCSU 10/23: 8th
T vs SCSU 10/24: 10th
W vs SCSU 10/24: 6th
T vs CC 11/07 or 3/13: 10th
W vs CC 11/07 or 3/13: 9th
T vs MTU 11/13 or 2/5: 15th
W vs MTU 11/13 or 2/5: 8th
T vs UND 12/04 or 2/19 or 2/20: 10th
W vs UND 12/04 or 2/19 or 2/20: 9th
T vs DU 12/11: 10th
W vs DU 12/11: 9th
T vs UVM 1/3: 9th
W vs UVM 1/3: 9th
T vs BSU 1/22 or 23: 9th
W vs BSU 1/22 or 23: 8th
T vs UW 1/29: 10th
W vs UW 1/29: 9th
T vs Min 2/26: 10th
W vs Min 2/26: 9th
T vs UAA 3/5: 15th
W vs UAA 3/5: 11th

So there you go...Win ANY game that UMD lost or Tied and they're in...Tie any game they lost except vs MTU or UAA and they're in so quit *****ing about some little comparison UMD lost.

Actually that's not true, I used the PWR predictor last year and no single loss had the effect of the Vermont loss.

And quit being a cocksmoker; I was just correcting Biddy.

Shirtless Guy
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Actually that's not true, I used the PWR predictor last year and no single loss had the effect of the Vermont loss.

And quit being a cocksmoker; I was just correcting Biddy.I just did the pairwise predictor right now today and those were the results I got...so you ****ed up...not being a cocksmoker, just stating the facts.

Biddco
10-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Ah that is correct. My bad.

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM

http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif :D

I'm not often one to make predictions, but I will say that I don't think that LSSU is quite as bad as that exhibition loss would seem to indicate. UMD should beat them soundly, but they're at least going to give Tech a game. Especially if Tech loses a close heartbreaker in Marquette in Friday.

NMU8405
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM

I predict:

Friday
UMD 5 LSSU 2
MTU 4 NMU 2

Saturday
MTU 3 LSSU3

No way that Tech scores more than 3 against NMU, Id be surprised to see them score more than two. I just want NMU to actually beat Tech this year :confused: :confused:

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I just want NMU to actually beat Tech this year :confused: :confused:

With the benefit of two home games, you should.

Runninwiththedogs
10-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I just did the pairwise predictor right now today and those were the results I got...so you ****ed up...not being a cocksmoker, just stating the facts.

You called me a whiner, which is not a fact!

MinnesotaNorthStar
10-04-2010, 08:46 PM
You called me a whiner, which is not a fact!Since when?

The Rube
10-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Since when?

Since always. She doesn't whine, she just beeches a lot. And I mean a LOT.

SmartAxe
10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
So are there any Duluth or Tech fans road tripping for the games this weekend?

oh.. and NMU SUCKS!