Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '10-'11

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    He's going to be a special player for you guys (and I mean that in a good way), and I fully expect, by his senior year especially if he keeps improving from any mistakes he makes, he'll see an extra letter on his jersey.

I have only seen him play once; has he shown some good improvements since he started? At least according to the team statistics, he looks to be playing a more disciplined game.
    He's already a special player IMHO. He stepped up his game 10-fold this season, and is one of our hardest working D-man that gives his all every shift. I think that's why he was so hard on himself Saturday night... that's not a mistake he makes often, and probably won't again. I also think he'll be wearing a letter, maybe even next year!

As wonger said, I don't see anyone else on the team making that kind of mistake and having the same reaction. Dahlsy took it personally which to me indicates accountability. I can't be sure, but I'd bet almost anything that he apologized to Hartzell and the rest of the team in the locker room.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      He's already a special player IMHO. He stepped up his game 10-fold this season, and is one of our hardest working D-man that gives his all every shift. I think that's why he was so hard on himself Saturday night... that's not a mistake he makes often, and probably won't again. I also think he'll be wearing a letter, maybe even next year!

As wonger said, I don't see anyone else on the team making that kind of mistake and having the same reaction. Dahlsy took it personally which to me indicates accountability. I can't be sure, but I'd bet almost anything that he apologized to Hartzell and the rest of the team in the locker room.
      Anyone can get PO'd after making a mistake; heck, I do it all the time. I think the true test of character, though, is how hard the person works after that to make sure the mistake is not made a second time. I'm sure Dalheusen will be in the video room (assuming your facility has one) trying to pick up on any hints of what was going on around him at the time, and then during practice, looking to make sure he executes.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
        I'm pretty much on the fence when it comes to Rand's comments. I don't think a coach should publicly rip a kid all the time, but sometimes it may call for it, if the behind the doors stuff isn't working. I also think Rand should man up and do an interview after the game. It's a lot easier to answer questions before a game rather than after a tough loss, like the Union game. Listening to Riga or Syer or Eddy is fine, but all of their answers are so censored, it's ridiculous.
        To be fair, Rand talks to the print/online media, and his comments are usually posted online by the Quinnipiac Athletics to YouTube. I'm not sure why he's never done the post-game radio spot. I will say Tom Moore doesn't do the post-game spot on QUN, either. Not sure what it's about...

Comment

Hi,

I haven't been on here in a while and hope everyone is doing well.

I heard a rumor that QU was recruiting Martin Brodeur's son Anthony, who plays at Shattuck-St. Mary's High School (same school Sidney Crosby went to). Anyone hear anything about this?

Comment

David Marshall getting another AHL shot with Wilkes-Barre.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...PTOWilkesBarre

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
              Hi,

I heard a rumor that QU was recruiting Martin Brodeur's son Anthony, who plays at Shattuck-St. Mary's High School (same school Sidney Crosby went to). Anyone hear anything about this?

Not good form to ask that question aloud on the internet, QU or whoever ends up with the player will let you know.

BTW, if he is 1/2 as good as Crosby, send hm to Yale,
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
                Hi,

I would recommend using Chris Heisenberg's list for recruits. You'll see at least this year's commitments at this website: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...hw&output=html
                Until you see some information there, you won't know at all, aside from if you go to the school/club hockey game (St. Mary's in this case) and happen to see a QU assistant coach there. Remember, the school will not comment on any player until they have officially enrolled.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I would recommend using Chris Heisenberg's list for recruits. You'll see at least this year's commitments at this website: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...hw&output=html
                  Until you see some information there, you won't know at all, aside from if you go to the school/club hockey game (St. Mary's in this case) and happen to see a QU assistant coach there. Remember, the school will not comment on any player until they have officially enrolled.
                  Yeah, the only player that had any buzz and wasn't on Heisenberg's list was John Nauta. But shortly after our discussion about him on here Chris had him up. The Brodeur thing sure is interesting but I looked all over the net after you posted and couldn't find a mention of Anthony Brodeur and Q together. Where did ya hear it?

Comment

I looked all over the net...
                    Why am I not surprised?

Tonight at Dartmouth. A tough road game and the only one this weekend. The playoff picture is still a mess so the only safe bet is to get as many points as you can. I won't say tonight is a must-win, but it's as close as you can get. Being our only game, the 2 points are critical going into arguably are biggest weekend next week.

Dartmouth is one of those quiet teams. They're ranked 17th so they must be doing something right. When we played them at home earlier this season I was not impressed with their effort. Obviously they're a better team than the one we saw at the Bank.

It's going to take a solid effort tonight. After last weeks heartbreaker against Union, maybe the boys are a little fired up and will come out swinging! I'll take a Q road win 4-2.

Go Q!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Tough loss tonight. Let's hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

They didn't play poorly but they didn't really play well either. The video feed was really fuzzy so it was hard to follow everything but it looked like they couldn't establish any flow. Put shots on net but Mello was huge for Dartmouth. Lots of chippy play as well.

One week 'til THE game! Yale lost again tonight to SLU so it's not an impossible task. We've got a week to prepare and I'm sure the Bank will be bursting at the seams.
                      Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 02-11-2011, 08:40 PM.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Mark,

I have always enjoyed your enthusiasm for the team, but the brutal truth is that the team is very ordinary, to say the least, in conference play in the ECAC:

2010/2011- 6 wins, 8 losses, 4 ties
                        2009/2010 – 11 wins, 11 losses
                        2008/2009 – 9 wins, 10 losses, 3 ties
                        2007/2008 – 9 wins, 9 losses, 4 ties
                        2006/2007 – 10 wins, 8 losses, 4 ties
                        2005/2006 – 8 wins, 13 losses, 1 tie

Very disappointing, especially when you look at a new facility, and the incredible success of our “rival” Yale. I am season ticket holder, and a long time supporter of QU sports, but I am getting extremely frustrated by the lack of success and growth of the hockey program.

Look at the QU penalties in the game tonight – this team has some real issues.

Comment

Originally posted by QUBobcats70 View Post
                          I have always enjoyed your enthusiasm for the team
                          Is my optimism that blatant?

I am getting extremely frustrated by the lack of success and growth of the hockey program
                          I completely understand what you're saying and even agree for the most part. For whatever reason we just can't seem to find that missing ingedient. I believe we have as much talent as any recent roster but for the life of me can't figure out why they haven't gelled. There's still a lot of hockey left and whatever happens we do have a very good playoff history.

I guess it's all part of what being a true fan really is... hanging in and hanging on.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Fairly quiet around these parts. We have a huge final weekend at the Bank coming up in terms of standing, rivalry, senior night. It's all covered. Quinnipiac sent out an email saying the Yale game was sold out, even standing room so I hope all the Bobcat faithful have their tickets. Should be another night filled with people standing 4-5 deep, scalpers and people looking for tix outside the door and a packed Bank for sure. I noticed Dalsy did not play against the Green...we need him and the grit he brings against the Bulldogs. Should be a fun weekend!

Comment

I noticed Dalsy did not play against the Green...
                              I'm guessing he was serving penance for the Union game.

we need him and the grit he brings against the Bulldogs
                              We need everyone who dresses Friday to bring it. Take no prisoners! By far our biggest game of the year on several different levels. Least of which is the 2 points we must have.

Is it Friday yet?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Fairly quiet around these parts. We have a huge final weekend at the Bank coming up in terms of standing, rivalry, senior night. It's all covered. Quinnipiac sent out an email saying the Yale game was sold out, even standing room so I hope all the Bobcat faithful have their tickets. Should be another night filled with people standing 4-5 deep, scalpers and people looking for tix outside the door and a packed Bank for sure. I noticed Dalsy did not play against the Green...we need him and the grit he brings against the Bulldogs. Should be a fun weekend!
                                How have the crowds been as of late? Any student excitement for this weekend? 5 years ago, campus would have been semi buzzing for this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X