This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-11

I agree with some of your thoughts rainman, but have to say Wags looks like the best player on the ice right now. He's got the energy and is coming along in the tradition of Jason Williams -the hitting, enthusiasm, skating, and overall anticipating the plays. I think he works well with Brisebois offensively.

Barliff looks good to me on the line with Day and Smith, and has had a few points so far. I think his game has been elevated this season by playing with the more *talented* veterans.

GRadio -have to echo the thoughts of others. Have enjoyed your blog and your announcing on the radio broadcats. We are lucky to have you back this season; ( I know you were on the fence about returning). Your neutrality is commendable... (although sometimes I wish you were more of an overt "homer.")
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Would anybody consider tonight a must win game to salvage this season at 0-3-1 in the league?
      The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

One would have to think that this is a "must" game. With Yale tomorow an 0-5-1 start would certainly make things very difficult, uphill battle to say the least. I think the ship gets righted tonight. Wonder who starts in goal ??
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Just noticed we have scored "one" powerplay goal in twenty four chances in league play !! We have given up six PP goals on the same twenty four chances. So...special teams are killing us.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Have to agree - this is a "must win" game tonite.

Now would someone tell me which game to attend? And don't say "both." I have one night free or there will be a divorse in the family. I tend to want to see how Yale plays, but know that Bruno might be a more "even" opponent...

Comment

Congrats, Shabby, on making Brian Sullivan's column this week!...

Comment

Yes just saw that myself. Hope you out pick him!

Comment

For those who get the NHL Network, tonight's matchup vs. Brown will be aired on that channel via tape-delay at 12:00 PM tomorrow. Here's hoping for a good outing tonight, since it'll (eventually) be televised nationally!
                  Colgate '09

Comment

Coaching or Players?

Comment

For the unfortunate who witnessed this display of hockey I will reserve most of my comments...however, if one picture is worth a thousand words consider the obvious for this game...furthermore, I am frankly sicked and tired of hearing people, including Coach V, stating that it's simply a question of not getting the "good bounces"...what do you get when you have a team with mediocre talent playing really dumb hockey? 0-4-1...

Comment

I hear ya GreenCoat. I try to avoid negative posts in this thread but ...

http://www.jmorganmarketing.com/wp-c...nic-button.jpg

That is all.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Rainman, as you probably know, I'd LOVE to be positive. BTW, is Chris Wagner injured??? I feel for Evin; he had absolutely no chance on any of the four goals that went by him. Several years ago I postulated that our program would potentially be in trouble and, sadly, nothing has changed my mind. Beating a dead horse once again, losing Stan Moore and then Andrew Dickson has definitely hurt recruiting. We either have had no luck getting athletes from the USHL or we simply haven't really made an effort there (take a look at the rosters of other ECAC teams). Any past success in the BCJHL seems to be waning. RPI and Union are now passing us by in the talent area. And look at the job Keith Allain has done at Yale - two consecutive top 10 rankings in his third and fourth year of coaching with another top 10 team this year. With the exception of Dick Biddle's football team year-in and year-out mediocrity appears to be the norm for all of Colgate athletics (I miss Mark Murphy as AD). Maybe a little of the real world can creep up to Hamilton...

Comment

FYI, Chris Wagner was a healthy scratch.

Comment

First time I've gotten to watch them this year. Hard to find much to be impressed with. I liked the energy they played with to start the 3rd, but where was that for most of the game? The seem to lack cohesiveness as lines, it's like they're not sure where each other is/will be on the ice. Not sure what do about that

They were clearly frustrated as the night went on. Guys like Day and Smith just not making plays, really no one is

Is the talent really waning? There's 7 NHL Draft picks on the roster, there's clearly some talent there. Is it the talent we need? That I don't know

I'm not even going to talk about the special teams

Admittedly this is fairly rambling, but it's late and just what was on my mind. Oh, and how did this team finish 4th last year?
                              ECAC Champions: 1990
                              NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                              ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                              NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                              Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                                FYI, Chris Wagner was a healthy scratch.
                                WHY?!

DOGHOK I think I am more convinced of my comments now than I was this week. ANYBODY who is NOT going to put it all on the line should be in street clothes in the stands and it should start with seniority IMO. It is definitly time to push the panic button on the team and the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X