Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11: Houston, We've had a Facelift!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I'm really starting to worry about you. After you retire are we to expect much worse?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I think the same person did it at the football game as well. Solely based that the singer went a half step sharp halfway through.

I agree that both anthems should be performed. I know that if asked to perform, I would sing both. Granted the superstitious would probably want me to do both in English.
      Somtimes this thread spends a lot of time on stuff that just doesn't matter. The Canadian Anthem is played at all but one or two home games every year. With a U.S. Military Color Guard presenting the U.S. flag and not the Canadian flag, it was probably appropriate that only the U.S. Anthem was played. If there was a Canadian ROTC contingent and flag with them, then you might have a beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        Somtimes this thread spends a lot of time on stuff that just doesn't matter. The Canadian Anthem is played at all but one or two home games every year. With a U.S. Military Color Guard presenting the U.S. flag and not the Canadian flag, it was probably appropriate that only the U.S. Anthem was played. If there was a Canadian ROTC contingent and flag with them, then you might have a beef.
        Yes this is a non-critical matter, but the fact is that I love the fact that RPI (and most other ECAC schools) plays the national anthem of both countries before the game. FD08 pointed out that a color guard was present at one of last year's games and both anthems were played. The question is, why change an excellent tradition that honors the roots of this sport? It just seems like a ridiculous and unnecessary change to make.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          Yes this is a non-critical matter, but the fact is that I love the fact that RPI (and most other ECAC schools) plays the national anthem of both countries before the game. FD08 pointed out that a color guard was present at one of last year's games and both anthems were played. The question is, why change an excellent tradition that honors the roots of this sport? It just seems like a ridiculous and unnecessary change to make.
          I think Jasma is right in that it is typically a one-time deal, and we'll still hear both anthems next week. Usually they'll do only one anthem should HFH decide to have Military Appreciation Night (they don't have it this year, but this was the case last year, and one anthem was performed by a ROTC quartet). I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch about it if it's just one night, but if it starts to be a regular thing, then I may start worrying, but only because RPI chooses to regularly fly the Canadian flag in the Houston Field House.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            I can explain it all...

I just knew that halal soup would come back to haunt Canada.

Also ... clearly the people in the UND Jerseys were US agents in disguise and it was their doing to make sure that the Canadian influence on our culture remains weak.

I haven't seen a post from RC in a while but something tells me that if he's read the last couple of pages of posts then he's off now digging up some new face palm images.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              I can explain it all...

I just knew that halal soup would come back to haunt Canada.

Also ... clearly the people in the UND Jerseys were US agents in disguise and it was their doing to make sure that the Canadian influence on our culture remains weak.

I haven't seen a post from RC in a while but something tells me that if he's read the last couple of pages of posts then he's off now digging up some new face palm images.
              I'm sure RC has better things to do in his/her life than sit on a message board all day and come up with witty responses to typographical diarrhea. Or witty responses to "wins", for that matter.

Comment

Patrick Koudys is listed on the Int'l Scouting Services (ISS) top 30 list, coming in at #28.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_october2010/

28 Koudys, Patrick (Fr.), LD 11/15/92 L 6.02.25 195 Rensselaer ECAC

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                  Patrick Koudys is listed on the Int'l Scouting Services (ISS) top 30 list, coming in at #28.

That's impressive.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    That's impressive.
                    Yeah I'd say, not only might he be the highest drafted defenseman out of RPI, theres a chance he might be the highest drafted player to ever come out of RPI.

Comment

Yeah I'd say, not only might he be the highest drafted defenseman out of RPI, theres a chance he might be the highest drafted player to ever come out of RPI.
                      He would certainly be if that holds up.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Do you think we may have an advantage age-wise that he will stay at least one more year, or do you think he'd be another one-and-done? I realize we have a long ways until we cross that bridge, but we could always use a little panties-in-a-bunch speculation from time to time.

BTW, love how despite we keep posting, the thread is still on page 2.

Comment

He is the 8th ranked defensman on this list.
                          I have not followed these lists in the past, have we ever had a player in the top 30? And have we ever had a defenseman ranked in the top ten at his position?
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            He is the 8th ranked defensman on this list.
                            I have not followed these lists in the past, have we ever had a player in the top 30? And have we ever had a defenseman ranked in the top ten at his position?
                            I doubt that we have had either one.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              BTW, love how despite we keep posting, the thread is still on page 2.
                              The database is clearly not updating correctly.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The database is clearly not updating correctly.
                                It seems to be working correctly now.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X