Ncha 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ncha 2010-2011

It takes a win combined with a Superior loss. If Superior beats SNC and SNC & Sup wins the next night SNC still hasn't clinched. It takes any combination of them winning 4 points and Superior failing to get 4 points. That could happen in one game. If SNC beats Sup SNC wins 2 Sup fails on two equaling 4.
    Voice of UWRF Athletics 2007-
    Voice of River Falls High School Athletics 2007-
    Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball-2010
    Eau Claire Express Baseball-2011

Comment

Only if its over Superior any other win doesn't mean squat unless Superior has also lost. SNC could lose Friday, win Saturday and lose next week and lose the conference if Superior wins out. They need a combination of winning 4 pts and Superior failing to win 4 pts.

Comment

1 St. Norbert win + 1 Superior loss = Magic Number of 2

Comment

Oh I am sure Knights will win the league, they are the class of the NCHA, have been for sometime. They are weaker this year than in the last few years and if someone is going to dethrone them I would say this is the year. Playoffs are always the start of a new season so Norbers just has to stay with their game and not get too cocky, in the NCHA any team any night can beat up but probably cannot beat you in a series if you are the better team .Like lasy year Falcons came to the championshiop but the series showed they were not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
            1 St. Norbert win + 1 Superior loss = Magic Number of 2
            Magic number expressed in points is 4 points

Add the points that SNC gets to the points that Superior fails to pick up.
            When this calculation totals 4, Superior is out.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Magic number expressed in points is 4 points

Add the points that SNC gets to the points that Superior fails to pick up.
              When this calculation totals 4, Superior is out.
              Thank you! In hockey magic number is based on points per game not wins and losses. Then magic number needs to be based off the points.

Comment

Originally posted by FALCONSANNOUNCER View Post
                Thank you! In hockey magic number is based on points per game not wins and losses. Then magic number needs to be based off the points.
                You're right. I'm obviously such a novice to this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                  You're right. I'm obviously such a novice to this stuff.
                  No, no not what I was trying to say. The SIDs at schools are what drive the athletic programs, I would never suggest anything like you being a novice, I was only so adament because I spent the better part of Saturday evening figuring out magic numbers in both the NCHA and WIAC for men's and women's bball and hockey so we had that information for our calls. Hell I screwed up the first time I calculated it and only caught myself upon my double-checking of my math.

Comment

Originally posted by FALCONSANNOUNCER View Post
                    No, no not what I was trying to say. The SIDs at schools are what drive the athletic programs, I would never suggest anything like you being a novice, I was only so adament because I spent the better part of Saturday evening figuring out magic numbers in both the NCHA and WIAC for men's and women's bball and hockey so we had that information for our calls. Hell I screwed up the first time I calculated it and only caught myself upon my double-checking of my math.
                    When you add team A points to the points that team B has lost and get a total that is more than the number of available points, team B is out.
                    To calculate magic numbers Add team A points to team B points lost and subtract from season points + 1. In (ick) basketball do that with wins and losses.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

SNC clinches NCHA, and a look at some playoff jostling.
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

UWSP box yet again the last in the nation to be posted. I'm stunned.
                        Last edited by XYZ; 02-04-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Yes, once again, I know that the St. Mary's womens team beat augsburg 5-0, but no Point vs. CSS game report. thank you.

I just finished watching it though, and would estimate approx 110 PIMs.
                          Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                          2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                          2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                          2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                          "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
                            Yes, once again, I know that the St. Mary's womens team beat augsburg 5-0, but no Point vs. CSS game report. thank you.

And it's officially last in the nation since the game from the Aleutian Time Zone (which I originally ignored) just went in the books. Considering the submission process could be handled by a five year old, you'd like to expect more from a place with four national titles. Nevermind it's one of the two marquee programs at the school and leads the West Region, again, in attendance.

Comment

Still not up on collegehockeystats, but:
                              http://athletics.uwsp.edu/custompage...-11/uwsp22.htm

44 Penalties, 115 minutes. And at 9:46 of the second, they sent everyone who was on the ice(save the goalies) to the box. Sounds like it was a real **** show... and this was against Scholastica, whats going to happen tonight against Superior? A team that Point has a storied history of racking up the penalties with.

I'm all for hard hitting games and all, and I understand that sometimes these things happen and games spiral, but it'd be real nice if the next Point coach controlled this at least a little bit.

UWSP NCHA ranking in PIMs:
                              2010-11: #1 - 18.50 per game (This does not include the 2/4 game, that pushes it over 21)
                              2009-10: #1 - 24.71 per game
                              2008-09: #2 - 19.59 per game (LFC #1)
                              2007-08: #1 - 21.70 per game
                              2006-07: #2 - 20.30 per game (UWEC #1)
                              2005-06: #1 - 23.33 per game
                              Last edited by Wormser-PointRC; 02-05-2011, 08:05 AM.
                              Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                              2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                              2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                              2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                              "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Still not up on collegehockeystats, but:
                                http://athletics.uwsp.edu/custompage...-11/uwsp22.htm

44 Penalties, 115 minutes. And at 9:46 of the second, they sent everyone who was on the ice(save the goalies) to the box. Sounds like it was a real **** show... and this was against Scholastica, whats going to happen tonight against Superior? A team that Point has a storied history of racking up the penalties with.
                                Wormser -- I would predict another war tonite.
                                With what I saw last nite from the Jackets (plenty of jawing and hitting after the whistle), you might top 115 minutes.
                                The Leahy slash on Joe Perry, in the final minute, was as flagrant a foul as I have seen all season. Got him DQ'd for tonite's game at the Willet.
                                SNC Men:
                                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                                SNC Women:
                                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X