PDA

View Full Version : Ncha 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

BlueDevilRadio
02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Congrats to SNC on another NCHA regular season championship. I see UW-Superior & UW-Eau Claire advancing to the next round.

I'd also like to say congrats to UW-Stout on earning a WIAC Championship this season and 3rd place in the NCHA. Impressive considering the lack of love they have gotten in public opinion, other arenas, and losing 1/3 of their team at the start of the season.

StoutHockeyFan44
02-17-2011, 04:31 PM
All-NCHA Team Announced

Click Here to See the Article (http://www.nchahockey.org/1011/1011releases/10-11%20men%27s%20all-ncha%20release.pdf)

Tucker6
02-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow I guess all that stat padding paid off this past weekend for Leskovich. I can't speak for the SNC game but I know for a fact UWSP did not out shoot Stout by more than 2 to 1. Whatever it worked.

pete99race
02-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow I guess all that stat padding paid off this past weekend for Leskovich. I can't speak for the SNC game but I know for a fact UWSP did not out shoot Stout by more than 2 to 1. Whatever it worked.
Hopper planned the entire game in net for Stout vs SNC last Saturday and played very well in limiting SNC to a single goal (penalty shot at that)...

Tucker6
02-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Just took a look at that boxscore pete. Did you guys really have 48 shots and only 1 goal? I find that kind of hard to beleive.

pete99race
02-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Just took a look at that boxscore pete. Did you guys really have 48 shots and only 1 goal? I find that kind of hard to beleive.
Shot count was pretty accurate, but we had very few 'quality' scoring chances.

Wormser-PointRC
02-17-2011, 08:05 PM
All-NCHA Team Announced

Click Here to See the Article (http://www.nchahockey.org/1011/1011releases/10-11%20men%27s%20all-ncha%20release.pdf)

Fairly surprised Garrett Suter wasn't first team D.

UWSP_Fan
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Fairly surprised Garrett Suter wasn't first team D.

+1

Collegeman
02-17-2011, 11:48 PM
I am not sure what the criteria is based on for appointing a player to all something. As a forward I guess you want to see points but as a D man it seems like it is points as well or at least it seems to play a big % of the decision. Too bad because going with the rush is one thing but controlling the blue line, winning crucial battles in the corners, making great breakout passes out of the zone and preventing goals scored against your team seem to be pretty important. I am not even talking about the role of stay at home D man but even that role on a team is not considered on the All league, American, Rookie lists. Too bad because I saw defensive players this season who didn`t score a lot of goals because that is what the forwards were there for but their play now goes unnoticed for laurels and accolades.

Toe Blake's Brother
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
I am not sure what the criteria is based on for appointing a player to all something. As a forward I guess you want to see points but as a D man it seems like it is points as well or at least it seems to play a big % of the decision. Too bad because going with the rush is one thing but controlling the blue line, winning crucial battles in the corners, making great breakout passes out of the zone and preventing goals scored against your team seem to be pretty important. I am not even talking about the role of stay at home D man but even that role on a team is not considered on the All league, American, Rookie lists. Too bad because I saw defensive players this season who didn`t score a lot of goals because that is what the forwards were there for but their play now goes unnoticed for laurels and accolades.

I agree with your comments completely. I can say that this is true for SNC as well as I believe that Walz and Hammerbeck would certainly be considered on D as they are both very good stay at home defenseman that do not get the press, etc. This is not a slight on Bernardy or Tabisz who certainly are deserving. It is more of "what is important and what makes a good defenseman?" type of argument. As far as Suter from Point, I believe that he also falls into this argument with the possible additional perception that he spends an awful amount of time in the penalty box. Something that could have hurt his chances for the accolades. Just a thought!

Tucker6
02-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Who has the votes for the post season awards?

SNC SID
02-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Who has the votes for the post season awards?

The coaches vote.

Collegeman
02-18-2011, 01:53 PM
I agree with your comments completely. I can say that this is true for SNC as well as I believe that Walz and Hammerbeck would certainly be considered on D as they are both very good stay at home defenseman that do not get the press, etc. This is not a slight on Bernardy or Tabisz who certainly are deserving. It is more of "what is important and what makes a good defenseman?" type of argument. As far as Suter from Point, I believe that he also falls into this argument with the possible additional perception that he spends an awful amount of time in the penalty box. Something that could have hurt his chances for the accolades. Just a thought!

I agree with you on your examples there were a couple more I saw as well on internet broadcasts one from Oswego but cant remember the name I also think the D man last year that did so well from River Falls Horn he seems to play just as well with great breakouts and defensive play but no points.

I am more disappointed that below it was posted that coaches vote, I would think coaches would be so short sighted, everyone has a role in the game and scoring goals is only one aspect.

GBhockeygal
02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Point vs Eau Claire Sat night - we went to this game; EU started first ten minutes strong, then Point came around, but no scoring until 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd, Point put one in on powerplay; went to 20 min OT, and again with about 4 min remaining Point scores, takes the series. I felt it was a small crowd, and only about a dozen or so fans from Eau Claire (we say quietly over in the visitors section); a great game to watch, but some of the teams you never know who's gonna win!
Ready for hockey back at cornerstone again next weekend.

bladesofsteel
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
How about River Falls vs Stout what an incredible game wow. Stout takes a 2-0 lead but rf comes back and ties it. Then calleja turns the puck over and stout scores off the turnover but calleja redeems himself by scoring with 8 seconds left in the game with a pulled goaltender. Then River falls pulls goalie again in OT and scores with 29 seconds left to get the win. Games goes to Mini game and River falls gets a huge goal and then an open netter to seal it 2-0. Hell of a game.

Collegeman
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
It is an amazing league so darn close,really fun to watch all the time
Well what do you think for semis outcome Superior and SP could be more of a toss up but Superior has been up more but now SP is finishing stronger
Now Knights and Falcons the games have been fairly close by score but you got to go with Norbert. Falcons just don`t have the scoring power even though purely statitical average eventually RF has to beat the Knights sometime and break the streak.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
02-21-2011, 09:39 AM
How about River Falls vs Stout what an incredible game wow. Stout takes a 2-0 lead but rf comes back and ties it. Then calleja turns the puck over and stout scores off the turnover but calleja redeems himself by scoring with 8 seconds left in the game with a pulled goaltender. Then River falls pulls goalie again in OT and scores with 29 seconds left to get the win. Games goes to Mini game and River falls gets a huge goal and then an open netter to seal it 2-0. Hell of a game.

One of the most exciting games I have ever called. I thought it was done when Rob Carr put in his second shorthanded goal of the night with 1:00 to play. But the Falcons responded, and although Calleja's look wasn't great he kept chipping at the puck until it popped over Hoppers' pad. Falcons dominated OT, although the Devils got a couple of good looks. Lescovich had started Friday and he came in cold in the mini-game. A first career goal for Sunstedt and Brossman keeping his hot hand with the empty-netter (7-2-9 in last seven). They don't count the Mini-game goal in the Stats but he scored twice Saturday, mini and full games. Team has played very well over the last four weeks, completely different team, flipped the coin the other way Jan. 28.

Falcons also got lucky. At least three pipes hit as the Devils hit the crossbar twice and Joel Whited had a wide open net with Lewan caught on the far side and hit the right post.

GBhockeygal
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Find it interesting the threads are rather quiet about the NCHA playoffs; sounds like the UWRF vs Stout was a great game!
Hope we manage to pack the Cornerstone Sat night!

Toe Blake's Brother
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Find it interesting the threads are rather quiet about the NCHA playoffs; sounds like the UWRF vs Stout was a great game!
Hope we manage to pack the Cornerstone Sat night!

How would the average hockey fan in Green Bay or for that matter, the average sports fan even know that this game is coming up? A little publicity at the local media outlets would be a nice thing at this point of the season as it is needed. The crowd could be sparse as two top local high school teams may be meeting at the same time in Appleton.

GBhockeygal
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
How would the average hockey fan in Green Bay or for that matter, the average sports fan even know that this game is coming up? A little publicity at the local media outlets would be a nice thing at this point of the season as it is needed. The crowd could be sparse as two top local high school teams may be meeting at the same time in Appleton.

Sad but so true..........we may wear similar colors to the Packers, but it doesn't get us any media attention.........