PDA

View Full Version : Ncha 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

FALCONSANNOUNCER
01-31-2011, 01:52 PM
It takes a win combined with a Superior loss. If Superior beats SNC and SNC & Sup wins the next night SNC still hasn't clinched. It takes any combination of them winning 4 points and Superior failing to get 4 points. That could happen in one game. If SNC beats Sup SNC wins 2 Sup fails on two equaling 4.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Only if its over Superior any other win doesn't mean squat unless Superior has also lost. SNC could lose Friday, win Saturday and lose next week and lose the conference if Superior wins out. They need a combination of winning 4 pts and Superior failing to win 4 pts.

SNC SID
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
1 St. Norbert win + 1 Superior loss = Magic Number of 2

Collegeman
01-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh I am sure Knights will win the league, they are the class of the NCHA, have been for sometime. They are weaker this year than in the last few years and if someone is going to dethrone them I would say this is the year. Playoffs are always the start of a new season so Norbers just has to stay with their game and not get too cocky, in the NCHA any team any night can beat up but probably cannot beat you in a series if you are the better team .Like lasy year Falcons came to the championshiop but the series showed they were not ready.

NUProf
01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
1 St. Norbert win + 1 Superior loss = Magic Number of 2

Magic number expressed in points is 4 points

Add the points that SNC gets to the points that Superior fails to pick up.
When this calculation totals 4, Superior is out.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Magic number expressed in points is 4 points

Add the points that SNC gets to the points that Superior fails to pick up.
When this calculation totals 4, Superior is out.

Thank you! In hockey magic number is based on points per game not wins and losses. Then magic number needs to be based off the points.

SNC SID
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Thank you! In hockey magic number is based on points per game not wins and losses. Then magic number needs to be based off the points.

You're right. I'm obviously such a novice to this stuff.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
02-01-2011, 12:36 PM
You're right. I'm obviously such a novice to this stuff.

No, no not what I was trying to say. The SIDs at schools are what drive the athletic programs, I would never suggest anything like you being a novice, I was only so adament because I spent the better part of Saturday evening figuring out magic numbers in both the NCHA and WIAC for men's and women's bball and hockey so we had that information for our calls. Hell I screwed up the first time I calculated it and only caught myself upon my double-checking of my math.

NUProf
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
No, no not what I was trying to say. The SIDs at schools are what drive the athletic programs, I would never suggest anything like you being a novice, I was only so adament because I spent the better part of Saturday evening figuring out magic numbers in both the NCHA and WIAC for men's and women's bball and hockey so we had that information for our calls. Hell I screwed up the first time I calculated it and only caught myself upon my double-checking of my math.

When you add team A points to the points that team B has lost and get a total that is more than the number of available points, team B is out.
To calculate magic numbers Add team A points to team B points lost and subtract from season points + 1. In (ick) basketball do that with wins and losses.

XYZ
02-04-2011, 11:13 PM
SNC clinches NCHA, and a look at some playoff jostling. (http://www.d3westhockey.com/)

XYZ
02-04-2011, 11:39 PM
UWSP box yet again the last in the nation to be posted. I'm stunned.

Wormser-PointRC
02-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes, once again, I know that the St. Mary's womens team beat augsburg 5-0, but no Point vs. CSS game report. thank you.

I just finished watching it though, and would estimate approx 110 PIMs.

XYZ
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes, once again, I know that the St. Mary's womens team beat augsburg 5-0, but no Point vs. CSS game report. thank you.

And it's officially last in the nation since the game from the Aleutian Time Zone (which I originally ignored) just went in the books. Considering the submission process could be handled by a five year old, you'd like to expect more from a place with four national titles. Nevermind it's one of the two marquee programs at the school and leads the West Region, again, in attendance.

Wormser-PointRC
02-05-2011, 07:45 AM

Still not up on collegehockeystats, but:
http://athletics.uwsp.edu/custompages/mhockey/2010-11/uwsp22.htm

44 Penalties, 115 minutes. And at 9:46 of the second, they sent everyone who was on the ice(save the goalies) to the box. Sounds like it was a real **** show... and this was against Scholastica, whats going to happen tonight against Superior? A team that Point has a storied history of racking up the penalties with.

I'm all for hard hitting games and all, and I understand that sometimes these things happen and games spiral, but it'd be real nice if the next Point coach controlled this at least a little bit.

UWSP NCHA ranking in PIMs:
2010-11: #1 - 18.50 per game (This does not include the 2/4 game, that pushes it over 21)
2009-10: #1 - 24.71 per game
2008-09: #2 - 19.59 per game (LFC #1)
2007-08: #1 - 21.70 per game
2006-07: #2 - 20.30 per game (UWEC #1)
2005-06: #1 - 23.33 per game

pete99race
02-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Still not up on collegehockeystats, but:
http://athletics.uwsp.edu/custompages/mhockey/2010-11/uwsp22.htm

44 Penalties, 115 minutes. And at 9:46 of the second, they sent everyone who was on the ice(save the goalies) to the box. Sounds like it was a real **** show... and this was against Scholastica, whats going to happen tonight against Superior? A team that Point has a storied history of racking up the penalties with.
Wormser -- I would predict another war tonite.
With what I saw last nite from the Jackets (plenty of jawing and hitting after the whistle), you might top 115 minutes.
The Leahy slash on Joe Perry, in the final minute, was as flagrant a foul as I have seen all season. Got him DQ'd for tonite's game at the Willet.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Big night

Stevens Point @ Stout: Battle for third
St. Norbert @ River Falls: Falcons trying to break 9-game skid vs. Green Knights and get home ice in the quarterfinals

FALCONSANNOUNCER
02-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Big night

Stevens Point @ Stout: Battle for third
St. Norbert @ River Falls: Falcons trying to break 9-game skid vs. Green Knights and get home ice in the quarterfinals

Just a question that dawned on me last night driving home from basketball. Why with a three week format, doesn't the NCHA adopt a series playoff for each. At the very least a two+mini format on each weekend. Rather then just one game a weekend the last two weeks.

My other series idea for the semis and finals would be a Tues @ High Seed -Thurs @ Low Seed -Sat @ High Seed series, but I realize that this is DIII hockey and travel like that would likely be to costly.

SNC SID
02-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Just a question that dawned on me last night driving home from basketball. Why with a three week format, doesn't the NCHA adopt a series playoff for each. At the very least a two+mini format on each weekend. Rather then just one game a weekend the last two weeks.

My other series idea for the semis and finals would be a Tues @ High Seed -Thurs @ Low Seed -Sat @ High Seed series, but I realize that this is DIII hockey and travel like that would likely be to costly.

It used to be that way until winning percentages and bodies started to take a hit. I think 2001 was the last year of the best-of-two+mini all the way through.

GB Puck Fan
02-13-2011, 01:52 PM
The first round is set:
#1 St. Norbert - Bye
#7 St. Scholastica at #2 UW-Superior
#6 UW-River Falls at #3 UW-Stout
#5 UW-Eau Claire at #4 UW-Stevens Point

MW4Bucky&SNC
02-15-2011, 07:49 AM
It used to be that way until winning percentages and bodies started to take a hit. I think 2001 was the last year of the best-of-two+mini all the way through.

I would concur it was fun for the fans but it was just brutal on the players. My favorite was when they went to the final four format hosted by the #1 seed over a Friday-Saturday which even included a 3rd place game. I think they did that for maybe 2 years in about the 03 or 04 (not feeling like looking it up now to be specific). The one year I watched 4 one goal NCHA games in 2 days from the comfort of my regular seat. It was awesome but I get why they went away from that format as well - too much advantage for the top seed, no hotel expenses needed in the new format, 2 teams now travel instead of 3, and the 3rd place game probably stood to hurt teams more than help and it had the potential for ugliness.