PDA

View Full Version : Ncha 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Collegeman
11-13-2010, 10:12 AM
yes you are right it was prety exciting to win at the end like that, sure bet the fans loved it. Your team seems to be caring on their tradtion of being alast period come from behind team like they had last year. I thought thye might rely on only their 1st line to score but what little scoring the Falcons have had seem to be getting contribition from other lines.

Just wanted to ask why on you game schedule you do not have a link so that you can go directly t your video or radio broadcast like other teams have. You have to search around or go to this forum to find your games.

I was watching a few games all at once last night including St Norbert. Falcons have a hard time getting the biscuit i the back of the net when they have the chance. Looking ahead to next weeeknd not sure if they can afford to miss opprtunities withe Green Knights especially since RF has not won there in a LONG time.

You had a freshman on your 1st line a D man I think #4 can`t remember for sure and his skill showed up, I mean lack of it showed up a few times when Blugolds walked around him , good thing you had your best D man coupled with him.

It will be interrestng to see what happenes tonight, Blugolds were either deflated by last minute heroics or will come back fired up to get a point.

BetterInLakePlacid
11-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome to five weeks ago. There has been no plea entered.

He is asking an appropriate question in the thread, no need to be a ******* to the guy.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
11-14-2010, 11:16 AM
yes you are right it was prety exciting to win at the end like that, sure bet the fans loved it. Your team seems to be caring on their tradtion of being alast period come from behind team like they had last year. I thought thye might rely on only their 1st line to score but what little scoring the Falcons have had seem to be getting contribition from other lines.

Just wanted to ask why on you game schedule you do not have a link so that you can go directly t your video or radio broadcast like other teams have. You have to search around or go to this forum to find your games.

I was watching a few games all at once last night including St Norbert. Falcons have a hard time getting the biscuit i the back of the net when they have the chance. Looking ahead to next weeeknd not sure if they can afford to miss opprtunities withe Green Knights especially since RF has not won there in a LONG time.

You had a freshman on your 1st line a D man I think #4 can`t remember for sure and his skill showed up, I mean lack of it showed up a few times when Blugolds walked around him , good thing you had your best D man coupled with him.

It will be interrestng to see what happenes tonight, Blugolds were either deflated by last minute heroics or will come back fired up to get a point.

Saturday didn't go to hot....but as per your freshman comment we have a lot of freshman stepping up in big roles thus far, including forwards on the top two lines. Now if we would stop committing so many penalties we would be good. A loss is a loss but Saturday night's officiating still has me shaking my head. There is no way the penalties should have been 13-5 it was just a chippy and cheap on both sides. Falcons need to work hard this week to beat the Green Knights.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
11-20-2010, 03:05 PM
RF played maybe their best game of the year last night but two costly mistakes gave St. Norbert a 3-1 edge.

MW4Bucky&SNC
11-20-2010, 03:14 PM
River Falls isn't a bad looking team. They did a lot of good things. The game overall was relatively even but O'Brien was really sharp in net. Tonight the Falcons better do something they've never done before to keep the conference race interesting.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
11-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Best two games of the year for the Falcons and they go 0-2. Just goes to show how good the Green Knights are. Looks like when the Falcons return to conference play in three weeks they will likely be 12 pts behind St. Norbert.

XYZ
11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
From the Green Bay Press Gazette, sounds like Coghlin was none too pleased with SNC's penalties this weekend:

"It's positive that we got out of those penalty kills, including the major, but it's negative in the sense that we have to look critically at the tape and see why and who's taking those penalties," SNC coach Tim Coghlin said. "That's a trend, I tell you that will not persist. You won't see us in a (nine)-kill situation, I don't care if I have to dress nine new guys."

MW4Bucky&SNC
11-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I agree with Coghlin the penalties were none too pleasing. That said, Albers, Kovarik, and Andrews were absolutely horrible this past weekend. Not in a "they really screwed the Falcons" or "they really screwed the Knights" kind of way. They were just not good at all. The play got choppy and I have a hard time getting too upset with the players for either team because nobody knew what constituted a penalty.

GBhockeygal
11-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree with Coghlin the penalties were none too pleasing. That said, Albers, Kovarik, and Andrews were absolutely horrible this past weekend. Not in a "they really screwed the Falcons" or "they really screwed the Knights" kind of way. They were just not good at all. The play got choppy and I have a hard time getting too upset with the players for either team because nobody knew what constituted a penalty.

you mean the newly nicknamed "Kojak"...............not that officiating is ever perfect, but when it's just bad everyone gets frustrated........

FALCONSANNOUNCER
11-22-2010, 10:27 AM

A Falcon player skated into the back of his own player knocking him down and the Green Knights got a 2-minute minor for Cross Checking. Later a Falcon was taking a slap shot and a Green Knight slid into him and as he tried to step over lifting his stick so it didn't get caught up he got called for a high sticking penatly. Saturday was not well officiated, disappointing because they did do a fair job on Friday.

Collegeman
11-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I watched 3 games each night , Fri and Sat. a little of different conferences / time zones, I think the Falcons were intimidated by the Green Knights Fri night and Norbert`s aggressiveness on the PK. Falcons have trouble putting the puck in the net when their chances come and they had plenty of them so Norbert`s deserve the wins.

Falcons have man for man as much INDIVIDUAL talent as the Green Knights but Green Knights seem to have a better game plan and team synergy. maybe RF needs to time to gel or develpoe some team chemistry but many times as I watced on and off both nights the River Falls team seem to lack a game strategy , they appear to scramble when pressured and don`t play each period with consistent intensity.

As I was getting ready to switch back to another game Friday night I caught a cheap cross check by a St Norbert`s player , #4, after the play was clearly completed at the net and the ref blew the play dead , the player from RF had his arms down to his side holding his stick when he got the late cross check to the high chest area it seemed and fell backwards with his legs up in the air, he ( it was a D man I believe #16 or #15 ) must have been injured because I never saw him back in the game again ....very disappointing style of play

FALCONSANNOUNCER
11-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I watched 3 games each night , Fri and Sat. a little of different conferences / time zones, I think the Falcons were intimidated by the Green Knights Fri night and Norbert`s aggressiveness on the PK. Falcons have trouble putting the puck in the net when their chances come and they had plenty of them so Norbert`s deserve the wins.

Falcons have man for man as much INDIVIDUAL talent as the Green Knights but Green Knights seem to have a better game plan and team synergy. maybe RF needs to time to gel or develpoe some team chemistry but many times as I watced on and off both nights the River Falls team seem to lack a game strategy , they appear to scramble when pressured and don`t play each period with consistent intensity.

As I was getting ready to switch back to another game Friday night I caught a cheap cross check by a St Norbert`s player , #4, after the play was clearly completed at the net and the ref blew the play dead , the player from RF had his arms down to his side holding his stick when he got the late cross check to the high chest area it seemed and fell backwards with his legs up in the air, he ( it was a D man I believe #16 or #15 ) must have been injured because I never saw him back in the game again ....very disappointing style of play

It was #6 Schreiner he left the game with a shoulder injury after that play.

XYZ
12-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Stout, Eau Claire and Superior off to surprising starts relative to preseason popular perception; St. Norbert not winning big but is 11-2; Stevens Point on a six game league skid despite the talent; Scholastica struggling after three very good years; River Falls off to a slower start that many expected.

There's plenty to talk about...does the NCHA thread really need a cattle prod in the *** to bring it up from the depths of page two?

altazo
12-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Yup, it's been pretty quiet in this thread lately. For me, no real surprises in the first half with the exception of Point's skid and perhaps CSS.

SNC's slip up last Saturday should lead to a couple intense series' to open the second semester when they take on Eau Claire and Superior on back to back weekends. The league could look a lot more clear cut after those games (or be incredibly tight.)

I think the real story in the west is the improvement of the MIAC and especially the MCHA. I really don't care what the W's and L's are, those leagues are straight-up more competitive against the NCHA and are now taking some points. It's not as if the level of play in the NCHA has slipped, those other leagues are closing the gap.

AVFC
12-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I am impressed with how Stout has hung in there. I thought they might fall apart after that series with SNC. I also thought RF would have a better record at this point in the season.

XYZ
12-11-2010, 02:51 AM
I am impressed with how Stout has hung in there.

Someone needs to run the numbers on how often Stout has come from behind over the past few years. I haven't run them myself, but I can tell you with complete certainty that it's an impressive total.

StoutHockeyFan44
12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Stout vs River Falls Game Canceled due to blizzard tonight

http://athletics.uwstout.edu/news/2010/12/11/MBB_1211101008.aspx?path=general

Make up date TBD

thomaa
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
News of the day.

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/article/20110104/SPJ0101/110104134/UWSP-s-Nichol-to-step-down

Wormser-PointRC
01-04-2011, 09:55 PM
News of the day.

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/article/20110104/SPJ0101/110104134/UWSP-s-Nichol-to-step-down

Yeah, this gets its own thread.

BlueDevilRadio
01-13-2011, 01:41 AM
http://socialmatt.smugmug.com/School/UW-Stout/hasek/1155452432_RZ8pH-M.jpg

Dominik Hasek is alive and well in the NCHA