PDA

View Full Version : Ncha 2010-2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NUProf
10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Forgive me Prof, but wouln't a forfeit give a team a W, not a DNP? I leave it to the math and stat major to explain the effect of an 0-25 opponent on your OWP and OOWP.

That's right. However those would be games that they would not get to play on the ice. If they dropped out, the schedule could be shuffled so that the teams they would play could wrestle up games with other teams in the same boat. That was my point.

The effect on the league portion of OWP is nothing (the league portion is always 0.500), but they would forfeit non-league games and that would hurt the OWP.

MW4Bucky&SNC
10-04-2010, 09:48 PM
1) St. Norbert
2) River Falls
3) Scholastica
4) Point
5) Superior
6) Eau Claire
7) Stout

Had Stout last before any of this business, so nothing really changes for me.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
1) St. Norbert
2) River Falls
3) Scholastica
4) Point
5) Superior
6) Eau Claire
7) Stout

Had Stout last before any of this business, so nothing really changes for me.

1) River Falls
2) St. Norbert
3) St. Scholastica
4) Stevens Point
5) Stout (depending if they play or not here or 7)
6) Eau Claire
7) Superior

Collegeman
10-08-2010, 08:00 AM
1) River Falls
2) St. Norbert
3) St. Scholastica
4) Stevens Point
5) Stout (depending if they play or not here or 7)
6) Eau Claire
7) Superior

Give us an idea why or how RF will be #1?

snc1
10-08-2010, 09:33 AM
because he's falcons announcer. he's thinking with his heart, not his head. ;)

FALCONSANNOUNCER
10-09-2010, 09:44 PM
because he's falcons announcer. he's thinking with his heart, not his head. ;)

Just been told the Green Knights lost enough that they won't be quite as good. And Coach Freeman is more excited than I have seen him in my 4 years here about this seasons recruits.

XYZ
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but coach Coghlin has been a little light in his loafers

I didn't think I'd ever see those twelve words used in succession.:eek:

XYZ
10-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Just been told the Green Knights lost enough that they won't be quite as good. And Coach Freeman is more excited than I have seen him in my 4 years here about this seasons recruits.

Will you guys be calling road games this season or only home? Also, am I correct in that UWRF is yet to offer video webcasts?

FALCONSANNOUNCER
10-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Will you guys be calling road games this season or only home? Also, am I correct in that UWRF is yet to offer video webcasts?

With our massive sports schedule having to cover Women's Hockey Men's and Women's Basketball as well as well as select River Falls High School games in Boys and Girls Hockey and Basketball we are mainly doing home games, however we do have both games at St. Norbert on the schedule. Also as far as I know the Hunt Arena staff is not streaming games, but select games will be streamed through the campus cable channels online stream.

WRFW Men's Hockey Radio Schedule
Oct. 23 vs. Concordia (if this game is at home) *currently scheduled for road but talks that it will change because Concordia is at EC the night before.

Oct. 29 vs. Superior
Nov. 6 @ GAC
Nov. 12 vs. EC
Nov. 13 vs. EC
Nov. 19 @ STN
Nov. 20 @ STN
Dec. 3 vs. LF
Dec. 11 @ Stout
Jan. 7 vs. St. Mary's
Jan. 8 vs. St. Thomas
Jan. 14 vs. CSS
Jan. 15 vs. CSS
Jan. 28 @ CSS
Feb. 4 vs. Stout
Feb. 11 vs. STN
Feb. 12 vs. SP

Men's Hockey is than our #1 game to be called once playoffs begin.

Campus Cable Channel will tentatively carry these games.

Oct. 29 vs. Sup
Nov. 12 vs. EC
Dec. 3 vs. LF
Jan. 7 vs. St. Mary's
Jan. 14 vs. CSS
Feb. 4 vs. Stout
Feb. 11 vs. STN
Feb. 12 vs. SP
These games can be viewed here. http://sites.google.com/site/uwrftv/channel-19

All of these games are subject to change but that is our projected coverage of the Men's Hockey teams as of now. I wish we could do more but we don't have the space to cover them we are covering 8 winter sports teams and from the time hockey starts Oct. 23 until playoffs Feb. 18th we have 65 games on our schedule most of which will be called by me as we are so short staffed.

Our current sports director graduates in December and when I take over at that time as Sports Director I want to try and keep things as equal as possible on the radio because we have several good teams. Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey and Basketball all ranked last year. And a Girl's Hockey Team that has lost 4 games in the last 2 seasons and is 2-time defending State Champion.

It's hard I wish I could carry every game for every team but can't do it live because we don't have the live space. Nor can I tape delay games because it either breaks contract with WPR or takes away from other students shows. And even if I could tape delay we don't have the manpower in our department to cover more than 1 or 2 games a day 3 or 4 a week.

XYZ
10-10-2010, 10:53 AM
With our massive sports schedule having to cover Women's Hockey Men's and Women's Basketball as well as well as select River Falls High School games in Boys and Girls Hockey and Basketball we are mainly doing home games, however we do have both games at St. Norbert on the schedule. Also as far as I know the Hunt Arena staff is not streaming games, but select games will be streamed through the campus cable channels online stream.

Oct. 23 vs. Concordia (if this game is at home) *currently scheduled for road but talks that it will change because Concordia is at EC the night before.

Oct. 29 vs. Superior
Nov. 6 @ GAC
Nov. 12 vs. EC
Nov. 13 vs. EC
Nov. 19 @ STN
Nov. 20 @ STN
Dec. 3 vs. LF
Dec. 11 @ Stout
Jan. 7 vs. St. Mary's
Jan. 8 vs. St. Thomas
Jan. 14 vs. CSS
Jan. 15 vs. CSS
Jan. 28 @ CSS
Feb. 4 vs. Stout
Feb. 11 vs. STN
Feb. 12 vs. SP

Oct. 29 vs. Sup
Nov. 12 vs. EC
Dec. 3 vs. LF
Jan. 7 vs. St. Mary's
Jan. 14 vs. CSS
Feb. 4 vs. Stout
Feb. 11 vs. STN
Feb. 12 vs. SP

All of these games are subject to change but that is our projected coverage of the Men's Hockey teams as of now. I wish we could do more but we don't have the space to cover them we are covering 8 winter sports teams and from the time hockey starts Oct. 23 until playoffs Feb. 18th we have 65 games on our schedule most of which will be called by me as we are so short staffed.

Our current sports director graduates in December and when I take over at that time as Sports Director I want to try and keep things as equal as possible on the radio because we have several good teams. Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey and Basketball all ranked last year. And a Girl's Hockey Team that has lost 4 games in the last 2 seasons and is 2-time defending State Champion.

It's hard I wish I could carry every game for every team but can't do it live because we don't have the live space. Nor can I tape delay games because it either breaks contract with WPR or takes away from other students shows. And even if I could tape delay we don't have the manpower in our department to cover more than 1 or 2 games a day 3 or 4 a week.

Mucho gracias. That info has been saved and will come in handy...

norm1909
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
With our massive sports schedule having to cover Women's Hockey Men's and Women's Basketball as well as well as select River Falls High School games in Boys and Girls Hockey and Basketball we are mainly doing home games, however we do have both games at St. Norbert on the schedule. ...

That is a considerable live sports schedule, kudos!!! :cool: :)

Collegeman
10-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Oct. 29 vs. Superior
Nov. 6 @ GAC
Nov. 12 vs. EC
Nov. 13 vs. EC
Nov. 19 @ STN
Nov. 20 @ STN
Dec. 3 vs. LF
Dec. 11 @ Stout
Jan. 7 vs. St. Mary's
Jan. 8 vs. St. Thomas
Jan. 14 vs. CSS
Jan. 15 vs. CSS
Jan. 28 @ CSS
Feb. 4 vs. Stout
Feb. 11 vs. STN
Feb. 12 vs. SP

Oct. 29 vs. Sup
Nov. 12 vs. EC
Dec. 3 vs. LF
Jan. 7 vs. St. Mary's
Jan. 14 vs. CSS
Feb. 4 vs. Stout
Feb. 11 vs. STN
Feb. 12 vs. SP

Glad there is some new blood in the broadcasting booth, the last team seem lame, I am sure they were sincere in their efforts but all tey did is rag on how the team did well in away games but sucked at home. Considering many of the home games were tuff teams they lost to at home and the team was ranked all season give the boys a break. Of course on the other hand the Norbert announcers were just the opposite.

FALCONSANNOUNCER
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey so I made this format for a potential just for fun NCHA Fantasy League. Anybody interested in this, remember just for fun give us something else to talk about as well?

Draft 10
Skate 5 + 1 goalie every week 4 bench NO TRANSACTIONS.

Skaters

Goal 3pts (includes on-ice point)
Assist 2pts (includes on-ice point)
On-ice GF 1pt
On-ice GA -1pt
In Penalty Box GA -2pts
Power Play Goal 4pts (includes on-ice point)
GWG in 3rd or OT 5pts (includes on-ice point)
2 penalties -1pt
3 penalties -2pts
4+ penalties -3pts
Game Misconduct/Disqualification -10pts

Goalies

Win SO 6pts
Win 1 GA 5pts
Win 2 GA 4pts
Win 3+ GA 3pts
Tie 1pt
Lose 3 GA -1pt
Lose 4 GA -3pts
Lose 5 GA -5pts
30-39 saves 2pts
40+ saves 3pts

Collegeman
10-11-2010, 06:19 PM

When are you going to tell us what or who the Green Knights lost?

FALCONSANNOUNCER
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
When are you going to tell us what or who the Green Knights lost?

They graduated 7 seniors.

G Szkodzinski,
Nopper 1-6-7,
Wheeler13-18-31,
Allen 15-16-31,
Boyd 9-20-29,
Fylling 3-1-4,
Tikka 3-4-7

The 3 bolded players obviously were a big part of the offense, Top 3 in points on the team. Tikka and Nopper were big time defensive players.

pete99race
10-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Reloading in progress:) :) At least 8 new faces on this year's roster...

FALCONSANNOUNCER
10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Reloading in progress:) :) At least 8 new faces on this year's roster...

No doubt they will be good. Just that is a lot of fire power and defense to replace.

pete99race
10-11-2010, 06:45 PM
No doubt they will be good. Just that is a lot of fire power and defense to replace.
I'm not worried about the D, as we have a very experienced group returning....need a few of the returning (or newly arriving forwards) to step up to replace the offensive production from Allen, Wheeler and Boyd, who graduated...

Collegeman
10-11-2010, 08:44 PM

G Szkodzinski,
Nopper 1-6-7,
Wheeler13-18-31,
Allen 15-16-31,
Boyd 9-20-29,
Fylling 3-1-4,
Tikka 3-4-7

The 3 bolded players obviously were a big part of the offense, Top 3 in points on the team. Tikka and Nopper were big time defensive players.

Oh I misunderstod I thought you were saying you had some inside scoop on a returning player or new impact player that deciced not to become a Green Knight this season

MW4Bucky&SNC
10-12-2010, 10:36 PM
They did lose quite a bit, but I'm actually not terribly worried about the Green Knights scoring punch. They have several terrific offensive defenseman. I have a few guys in mind who I think will make a big jump as forwards - namely Nemgar and Joinette. Langford is back and he really brings a physical presence. The Ryd-Pulak-Longley line just plays great 2 way hockey together. Once they get it settled who their top line center is they'll be fine.