Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

I got my tickets a couple days after I ordered them.. of course I happen to know someone in the ticket office . But I wouldn't sweat it, it's not like they're going sell them to someone else on Ebay or something.

I definitely think the bye is a good thing. The D-corps is banged up and a few players were under the weather 2 weekends ago, so allows everyone to be fresh and hungry when the puck drops Friday. And with the depth on the forward lines and the team's relentless style of play, I'd bet there won't be any prolonged team wide lackadaisical play.. and if there is, there is enough depth for the coaches to fix it in the next game. The bigger challenge will come from Colgate. The Raiders have speed, are playing with new found confidence, and are getting good goaltending - a pretty tough combo.

Also want to say that I don't agree with certain talk in the local media (including the radio guys) that Union should be considered a Frozen Four contender for an NC. In my book that is WAY too premature. U has played 4 teams in the current top 20 and went 2-5-1 against them. IMO the jury is definitely out on how U matches up with the top teams in the country (and not to start a controversy or something, but I'm not totally convinced that Yale is one of them). Which is not to say I'm not thrilled that U is highly ranked or that I don't think the team has a chance to accomplish something like that, but a lot of really fortuitous things have to come together to make your way through the NCAA tournament and a lot of good teams don't make it far. At this point, I'll be thrilled if U makes it to the dance and take if from there.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
      Also want to say that I don't agree with certain talk in the local media (including the radio guys) that Union should be considered a Frozen Four contender for an NC. In my book that is WAY too premature. U has played 4 teams in the current top 20 and went 2-5-1 against them. IMO the jury is definitely out on how U matches up with the top teams in the country (and not to start a controversy or something, but I'm not totally convinced that Yale is one of them). Which is not to say I'm not thrilled that U is highly ranked or that I don't think the team has a chance to accomplish something like that, but a lot of really fortuitous things have to come together to make your way through the NCAA tournament and a lot of good teams don't make it far. At this point, I'll be thrilled if U makes it to the dance and take if from there.
      Wow - I hadn't heard that, but I agree. It's nice to see the locals finally realizing there is hockey outside of Troy, but this is a little too much. I wonder if this is just bandwagon jumping now that Union won the ECAC regular season championship and that RPI has been knocked out of the playoffs. Funny you mention this, as Ken Schott's Slapschotts article this week notes a particular radio host who clearly didn't understand the ECAC playoffs and (on Sunday morning) assumed Union would play Quinnipiac in the next round.

Nevertheless, while Union is ranked #4 in the poll and is tied for 6th in the PWR, I don't think their schedule and record vs top 20 really warrants them being thrown into the "best in the country" or "national title contender" category.
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I have to agree with this discussion. I guess we deserve some consideration as a top tier, i.e. top 10 team, but there is still a lot to prove, beginning this weekend. I do believe however, that this team has obviously come a long way this season, particularly after the OOC losses to WMU and Bemidji which to me were the low points of the season. I think they know what they have to do and have generally been doing it from those games forward. A lot of credit has to go to Nate Leaman and his staff who I think gave this team a chance to realize its enormous potential.

Comment

I got my tickets in the mail 2 days after I ordered them. I didn't ask for them to be mailed to me though, I chose will call. I don't mind, I just didn't want to risk having the tickets get lost in the mail.

Colgate is playing more like the team people thought they would be before the season started, and they definitely have momentum and confidence right now. That said, as long as play up to our capabilities, there is no way we shouldn't take the series.

Comment

Despite Colgate's impressive run lately, it's hard to imagine Union losing this series. Because there's no chance I could get to game 3, I'm really hoping this is a sweep. And I think it will be, but both games likely won't be cake walks.

Maybe I've missed it, but any update on Nolan Julseth-White? Had a sprained knee.
            Last edited by rdf8585; 03-08-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
              Despite Colgate's impressive run lately, it's hard to imagine Union losing this series. Because there's no chance I could get to game 3, I'm really hoping this is a sweep. And I think it will be, but both games likely won't be cake walks.

Maybe I've missed it, but any update on Nolan Julseth-White? Had a sprained knee.
              Nate Leaman said before the final regular season weekend that Julseth-White would be out for that weekend, but should be ready for the playoffs.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I know a lot of you were concerned so I want to let you know that I got my tickets today.

Comment

Leaman 3/8 press conference, via yhockey15 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnHJbXEFsA

As expected, he says Julseth-White is a go. Full contact in practice this week. Other than Ingoldsby, no other injuries.
                  Last edited by rdf8585; 03-08-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I don't like to admit that I've got you guys on the brain now, but I just read a New York Times headline that said "Union Rebuffs NFL Offer" and my first thought was: those guys oughtta concentrate on hockey! But let me know when you consider an NFL franchise.

Comment

Big unanswered question, do we see the "undefeated" alternate jerseys this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        Big unanswered question, do we see the "undefeated" alternate jerseys this weekend?
                        I hope we see them for sale like RPI does with their black jerseys. I'd put in a bid for one.

Comment

No respect for the ECAC in the bracketology comments, lets show them this year U.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/09/brac...-we-cant-make/
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

great video put together by manager Phil Cohn

http://unionhockey.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
                              I hope we see them for sale like RPI does with their black jerseys. I'd put in a bid for one.
                              The seniors are going to get to keep theirs. There should be one being auctioned at the Garnet Blades golf outing in June and a bunch will be sold at the rink side shop in the fall for about $140 or so according to Brian Speck. New "old" ones are being ordered through the Garnet Blades for the team next year.

Comment

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/sports/local/

not sure I understand how Carr or Jooris didnt get nominated for rookie of the year...
                                Last edited by unionbob; 03-10-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X