Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

It is nice to see the team getting some of the attention they deserve. They are a great group of young men led by three great coaches. Let's hope they bring the right attitude to SLU and Clarkson this weekend!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Does anyone have an idea of how tiebreakers work in the standings or perhaps a link that would address this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Does anyone have an idea of how tiebreakers work in the standings or perhaps a link that would address this?
        If you take a look at the ECAC playoff scenario thread, that should have your procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          Here's a direct link, if you prefer.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Thanks Dude and Burgie.

Comment

I believe the only way Union does not get a bye is if there is a 3 way tie with RPI Dartmouth and Union.

From the ECAC home stretch post:
              Union almost clinches a bye. If it's a two-way tie between the two Capital District teams, then the Dutchmen would hold onto 4th place based on points vs Top 4 teams (7 v 6 based on their sweep of Cornell and their single point against Dartmouth as opposed to RPI sweeping Dartmouth and getting swept by Cornell). A 3-way tie between Dartmouth, RPI, and Union sees RPI taking 3rd place on head-to-head points (6 v 3 v 3) and Dartmouth would win the 4th-place tiebreaker because they took 3 points during the season series.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                Here's a direct link, if you prefer.
                I must have missed when they put in the number of wins as the second tiebreaker....interesting, since that's how the NHL does it.
                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
                  I believe the only way Union does not get a bye is if there is a 3 way tie with RPI Dartmouth and Union.
                  That's the only scenario that I could find, which is why I posted it as such. Of course, I don't expect Union (or Yale, for that matter) to lose out... but the possibility is there.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Well it's pretty simple now.. it's Union & Yale playing for 1st & 2nd.
                    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

close one but a win is a win.....this game can only help mentally in the coming weeks...lets go UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

ken schott says we have a first round bye locked in now!

Comment

Look at the winners tonight...SLU. Colgate, and Harvard. The Dutchmen looked like they were cruising against a feckless Clarkson team. But "oh no." Yes, they won but nothing can be taken for granted in college hockey. The Potsdam pirates almost stole a treasured two points. Maybe Union is a team of destiny this year but destiny's worst enemy is overconfidence. SLU beat Yale and tagged RPI tonight, setting up another biggie tomorrow night for the Dutchmen. Doubtless, emotions can wax and wane in the seemingly endless season. But at this juncture there is no breathing room. The next three games will tell an interesting tale. Hopefully, tonight was a reminder of an everpresent vulnerability.

Comment

Originally posted by union07 View Post
                            ken schott says we have a first round bye locked in now!
                            Correct. In fact, Union has clinched no worse than 2nd place. I remarked last night that I remember the year that Union and Yale played each other in the final game of the season for 11th place...when the ECAC still only sent 10 teams to the playoffs.

I didn't start listening until the 3rd period, but this sounded like a game that Union should have won 6-0. They missed opportunities, but were thoroughly frustrating Clarkson enough that Clarkson started taking bad penalties.

I think Union lost some composure during Clarkson's flurry, but thankfully recovered enough and escaped with 2 points (and that's the understatement of the year).
                            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Here's a Youtube link to the final goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBQNk...layer_embedded
                              Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Another nice win for the Dutchmen tonight. Zajac and Julseth-White both left the game with injuries in the third, hopefully nothing that would force either to miss any games.

Comment

Working...
                                X