Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Originally posted by birdman View Post
    Can't wait to see Union in Fairbanks playing in the Brice Goal Rush. It was nice to see RPI last year, and since Inside College Hockey has Union ranked #12 they must be pretty good.
    I would say "might be" pretty good. The polls are fickle as we all know. I think this going to be a tough trip for the Dutchmen, but a great experience for the team.

Comment

Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Can't believe the season is just days away! I'm going to do everything I can to make it up there this weekend but I don't think it's going to be possible to leave work early and come up from NYC.

Hopefully, this will be the start of the best season in Union Hockey history.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Union has a new recruit according to Chris Heisenberg.
        Drew Brown 5-11, 180# Forward from Grass Lake, Michigan (outside Ann Arbor), a 26-26-15-41 line for the Kent School last season.

This looks like a very nice get. USHR has a fairly gushing write-up on him. He was the leading scorer for a very good Kent team that had the best record in NE Preps for most of last season and was the leading scorer in the Beantown Classic in March. USHR projects him as one of the leading returning scorers in NE preps. Two seasons ago he lit up Michigan HS hockey with 57 goals and 92 points in 26 games. Here's an interesting article
        http://www.mlive.com/sports/ann-arbo...ann_arbor.html

Apparently Drew could have played in the USHL this season but decided to return to Kent out of loyalty to his team. USHR describes Drew as an explosive skater and "a pure shooter who has a knack for getting open". According to his coach at Kent, Michigan was "pushing hard" to get him but he chose Union for the chance to be a top line player. Can't say I've ever heard of Union beating out a Michigan for a recruit before!
        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          I liked the way Nate said last night and again today in the paper, that last year is history, it's over and done. This team has to be hungry every night or it will not come close to repeating its success. As he also said, until last season we were always the hunters, now Union has that target on their backs and will undoubtedly catch no one napping. I'm going to trust in this coaching staff and the team leadership to not allow any backsliding. This team will have plenty to prove that last year wasn't a fluke and that the program has truly turned the corner. Those are all of the cliches that I can roll out right now.
          All that spoke at the Meet and Greet all made pure sense. Its going to be a good weekend! Hope this team is hungary!
          Let's go Dutch
          Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Originally posted by union07 View Post
            I also see that we have a new radio home! Does anyone know if the games will still be on teamline.cc.com?
            For those fans interested, it's true - Union has a new radio home - WVKZ and WABY (1240, 1160) which is the home of Union Football currently. Apparently the signal strength fades a bit at night on 1240, so you can hop down to 1160 where the games will be Simulcast (Dutchmen Radio Network).

Matt DuBrey and Brian Unger will still be on the call.

And yes, the games will also be on Teamline still, the premier way for families and fans out of the Capital District to listen.

For Ken Schott's article about it:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-on-wvkz-waby/

All comments/suggestions/criticisms/praise can be directed to UnionHockeyRadio@gmail.com

Looking forward to another great season!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyRadio View Post
              For those fans interested, it's true - Union has a new radio home - WVKZ and WABY (1240, 1160) which is the home of Union Football currently. Apparently the signal strength fades a bit at night on 1240, so you can hop down to 1160 where the games will be Simulcast (Dutchmen Radio Network).

Matt DuBrey and Brian Unger will still be on the call.

And yes, the games will also be on Teamline still, the premier way for families and fans out of the Capital District to listen.

For Ken Schott's article about it:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-on-wvkz-waby/

All comments/suggestions/criticisms/praise can be directed to UnionHockeyRadio@gmail.com

Looking forward to another great season!
              DuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuBreeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
              2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

That is great that the games will be on a station that we can hear more then 50ft from campus. One question....will the games be on a time delay? I use to enjoy listening to the call even when at the games and also hearing interviews and commentary but trying to watch the game in person and listen when there was about a 15 sec or more delay was awful. You guys do a great job.....congrats....

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                  That is great that the games will be on a station that we can hear more then 50ft from campus. One question....will the games be on a time delay? I use to enjoy listening to the call even when at the games and also hearing interviews and commentary but trying to watch the game in person and listen when there was about a 15 sec or more delay was awful. You guys do a great job.....congrats....
                  I tried tuning in both stations last night and unfortunately at least where I live in Rensselaer County, neither signal was adequate. I guess that's what I get for being associated with anything "Rensselaer". Still I think it's a big plus to have over the air broadcasts as they had a few years ago. At least I should be able to tune in the postgame broadcasts as I head for the Thruway after home games.

Comment

Union fans... I have both Kinkaid and Milan on my Fantasy College Hockey team...any idea who is starting against Sacred Heart tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      I tried tuning in both stations last night and unfortunately at least where I live in Rensselaer County, neither signal was adequate...
                      Good to hear our frequency jamming is working....
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                        Union fans... I have both Kinkaid and Milan on my Fantasy College Hockey team...any idea who is starting against Sacred Heart tomorrow?
                        Not sure, but I think we'll go with KinKaid tomorrow.

Comment

OK, leaving work early tomorrow and taking the train from Penn Station in Manhattan to make it to the games this weekend. I'll be there...Hopefully if I'm making the trip from NYC, a few other students can make the trip from their dorm rooms.
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                            The games should NOT be on any sort of time delay - The reason for the time delay in previous years it that Teamline.cc has its own delay (having to take the feed, encode it, and put it out on the net) - What we were doing in previous years is feeding through teamline, and WRUC was taking the teamline feed and broadcasting it - that's why there was a delay if you were in the rink.

Now, we'll be broadcasting to the station, who will be feeding teamline - thus ending the delay - So you should be able to hear our stellar commentating as well as the interview clips/highlight reels/etc.

(And thank you for the compliments!)

-UHR

Can't wait to drop the puck tonight, hope to see you/have you all listening!

Comment

Wow fantasy college hockey. I tip my hat to you.

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                OK, leaving work early tomorrow and taking the train from Penn Station in Manhattan to make it to the games this weekend. I'll be there...Hopefully if I'm making the trip from NYC, a few other students can make the trip from their dorm rooms.
                                Maniac in da house? Must be hockey season! At least you're not conflicted with the NLDS Any truth to the rumor you're up for the GM spot? I'm sure Nate would put in a good word for you. Tempted to say "wait 'till next season," but it's all about this season...hockey season! Looking for the growth and improvements to continue. Let's go Dutch!
                                GoooooooooU!

Comment

Working...
                                X