Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

With the preseason starting on Sunday, may as well start the season thread now. It'll be interesting to see how Jerry tinkers with the lines in this game and during the first few weeks/months of the season.

I think Almeida/Carey are going to be a potential force on the fourth line and I wonder if we'll see more of a rotation with Muse/Milner than last year.

Can't wait, drop the puck!

Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    With the preseason starting on Sunday, may as well start the season thread now. It'll be interesting to see how Jerry tinkers with the lines in this game and during the first few weeks/months of the season.

I think Almeida/Carey are going to be a potential force on the fourth line and I wonder if we'll see more of a rotation with Muse/Milner than last year.

Can't wait, drop the puck!
    they wont be on the 4th line

thought others had to earn it>???

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

thought others had to earn it>???
      What the **** are you talking about? Leading up to the first game of the season, you earn time through captains practice and pre-season "camp". From that point forward, you earn your time in games/practices.

Can't you go stalk another team's thread?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        What the **** are you talking about? Leading up to the first game of the season, you earn time through captains practice and pre-season "camp". From that point forward, you earn your time in games/practices.

Can't you go stalk another team's thread?
        Hokydad is an idiot who knows zilch but pretends he does. Total poser and fraud. Anyhow, I do think Almeida/Carey can throw in a handful of goals from the fourth line this year. I think either of those guys can be first/second liners with most teams in Hockey East.

I guess with York you never know where anyone will play, but I think it makes sense to keep them there. I think a fun battle will be on defense with Alber trying to fight off Macleod. Either way some pretty good players will be in suits in the stands early in the season.

Comment

by 4th line, i took it to mean that they will be expected to be a checking line that will shutdown the opponents top line - presumably starting most games actually (almeida/price/lombardi). obviously that is not your traditional 4th line role, but that is what Coach York has been able to do given such talented rosters lately. BC rarely, if ever shortens the bench anymore... though he did take away ice time of the whitney/mullane/carey line now and again last year after a series of mistakes/penalties - i guess you could argue that was the real 4th line in terms of coaches' confidence

anyway, im sticking with my earlier prediction (as posted on EA) the top 6 forwards are:

J Whitney - Gibbons - Atkinson
          Kreider - Mullane - J Hayes

so when all is said and done, i would expect that to be the top 2 lines. earlier on, mullane might get bumped down to '4th line' center to add more experience there, as you'll see below. that leaves:

K Hayes - Carey - S Whitney
          Almeida - Arnold - Brown

you could obviously go in a few directions here.. flip mullane/arnold if you dont like having 2 frosh on a line. and/or if arnold proves to play like an upperclassmen right away and can slot in for Ben Smith between CK and JH. also, you could flip carey/almeida trying to find the right centerman - as neither has played the position before at BC.

with ferriero gone, that leaves some depth issues at forward. Assuming Brown and Arnold are adjusted to the speed of the game, Alber is the next man in (sorry t atkinson!). I could see him slotting in very nicely for Brown every now and then - especially since it gives York 7 dmen dressed each night and he can roll Alber back for Macleod as he tends to do to young dmen. edit: the more i think about it, im falling in love with the idea of an almeida-mullane-alber line starting each game off against the other teams' best players. especially if arnold plugs in nicely alongside kreider and hayes - who mostly generate their own offense anyway
          Last edited by SteveF; 09-29-2010, 09:35 AM.
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            by 4th line, i took it to mean that they will be expected to be a checking line that will shutdown the opponents top line - presumably starting most games actually (almeida/price/lombardi). obviously that is not your traditional 4th line role, but that is what Coach York has been able to do given such talented rosters lately. BC rarely, if ever shortens the bench anymore... though he did take away ice time of the whitney/mullane/carey line now and again last year after a series of mistakes/penalties - i guess you could argue that was the real 4th line in terms of coaches' confidence

anyway, im sticking with my earlier prediction (as posted on EA) the top 6 forwards are:

J Whitney - Gibbons - Atkinson
            Kreider - Mullane - J Hayes

so when all is said and done, i would expect that to be the top 2 lines. earlier on, mullane might get bumped down to '4th line' center to add more experience there, as you'll see below. that leaves:

K Hayes - Carey - S Whitney
            Almeida - Arnold - Brown

you could obviously go in a few directions here.. flip mullane/arnold if you dont like having 2 frosh on a line. and/or if arnold proves to play like an upperclassmen right away and can slot in for Ben Smith between CK and JH. also, you could flip carey/almeida trying to find the right centerman - as neither has played the position before at BC.

with ferriero gone, that leaves some depth issues at forward. Assuming Brown and Arnold are adjusted to the speed of the game, Alber is the next man in (sorry t atkinson!). I could see him slotting in very nicely for Brown every now and then - especially since it gives York 7 dmen dressed each night and he can roll Alber back for Macleod as he tends to do to young dmen. edit: the more i think about it, im falling in love with the idea of an almeida-mullane-alber line starting each game off against the other teams' best players. especially if arnold plugs in nicely alongside kreider and hayes - who mostly generate their own offense anyway
            Good post

Arnold is better thqan billed. Dont let draft results sway you. Many have come to HE and are great college players(Whitney bros/Dave Emma etc) but dont project out as NHL players

He might be the most ready of all the recruits up front. Very strong and great balance. Works every shift hard and has a great shot. Played for natl team and thus had 20/- D 1 games which would lead you to believe he knows the pace.

Started at natl team on 4th line because he was not there first year. By mid season, was top 6 and on PP

Not sure if he fits in the middle with Hayes and Kreider but would not shock me. Worked very hard in weight room over summer and is said to be in best shape of his carear

Comment

Jimmy Hayes is going to be a monster this year. It's going to be fun to see how many goals this team scores this year. I believe the Hockey East regular season record for team goals (conference games only) is held by BC's 86 team with 203. I can see them breaking that this year.
              Last edited by Slasher7; 09-30-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Men's Hockey Television Schedule Announced

The Eagles will be featured on NESN's "Hockey East Friday Night" three times - Jan. 7 at home against Providence, Jan. 27 at Boston University and March 4 at home against New Hampshire. All three games will faceoff at 7:30 p.m.

NESN will also carry the Eagles' Feb. 7 contest against Boston University in the first round of the Beanpot at TD Garden at 8 p.m. In addition, NESN will broadcast the tournament's championship game.

CBS College Sports is scheduled to broadcast three contests to a national audience. It will carry Boston College vs. Boston University on consecutive nights in early December and broadcast the Eagles' contest at Maine on Sunday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m. The Eagles and Terriers meet at Agganis Arena on Friday, Dec. 3 at 7:30 and complete the home-and-home weekend series at Conte Forum on Saturday, Dec. 4 at 8 p.m.

Please note: Game time adjustments have been made to the team's Dec. 4 home game against Boston University (now 8 p.m.) and its Jan. 16 contest at Maine (now 7 p.m.).

Furthermore, all Boston College home hockey games - excluding select TV games - will be video streamed and available on a pay-per-view basis through www.bceagles.com.

Audio broadcasts of all Boston College hockey games - home and away - will be available through www.bceagles.com with Jon Rish and Ken Hodge calling the action.

Comment

Jimmy Hayes is going to be a monster this year. It's going to be fun to see how many goals this team scores this year. I believe the Hockey East regular season record for team goals (conference games only) is held by BC's 86 team with 203. I can easily see them breaking that this year.
                  So you believe they will average that many goals in Hockey East? Zero chance. Have you done the math to calculate how many a game that would take?

That is 7.7 goals a game. They have scored 8 goals vs a Hockey East opponent once in the last 3 years and 7 goals a grand total of 3 times over teh past 3 seasons. Now they are going to avg 7.7 per game??

Please

Comment

Jimmy Hayes is going to be a monster this year. It's going to be fun to see how many goals this team scores this year. I believe the Hockey East regular season record for team goals (conference games only) is held by BC's 86 team with 203. I can easily see them breaking that this year.
                    Whoa there.... while BC offenses is going to be great I have to disagree with you on breaking the record and certainly not easily.

7.5 gpg average.... not seeing it. That is an amazing record and one that will stick, especially with the quality goal tending that the league has on a consistent basis.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

They scored 7 goals a grand total of 3 times over teh past 3 seasons.
                      11/14/09- 7 goals vs. UVM
                      2/5/10 - 7 goals vs. UMass
                      2/21/10 - 7 goals vs. NU
                      2/23/10 - 7 goals vs. MC
                      3/30/10 - 7 goals vs. Maine

Numnutz, they scored 7 goals in a game vs. Hockey East teams 5 times last year. You are such a fool.

Do you ever fact check for bullcrap before posting it? Vs. a weak Hockey East and their offensive depth, they can make a case for breaking that record.
                      Last edited by Slasher7; 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Whoa there.... while BC offenses is going to be great I have to disagree with you on breaking the record and certainly not easily.

7.5 gpg average.... not seeing it. That is an amazing record and one that will stick, especially with the quality goal tending that the league has on a consistent basis.
                        I'm not going to say they are going to do it, but I think they could make a run at it. This is a team that put up some big numbers against some pretty good goalies last year (including the NCAAs). Who knows, it'll be fun to watch though.

Comment

I called the ticket office and this Sunday's exhibition game is FREE, 4pm game. Hopefully they will get a decent turnout since the Patriots dont play until Monday.

Comment

Hey guys. Have some video with Jerry York at Hockey East Media Day. First 56 seconds or so feature Jack Parker. Don't know if anyone in this thread wants to sit through it, so just giving you a heads up that's all:

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQzE-yZXntk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQzE-yZXntk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

Comment

11/14/09- 7 goals vs. UVM
                              2/5/10 - 7 goals vs. UMass
                              2/21/10 - 7 goals vs. NU
                              2/23/10 - 7 goals vs. MC
                              3/30/10 - 7 goals vs. Maine

Numnutz, they scored 7 goals in a game vs. Hockey East teams 5 times last year. You are such a fool.

Do you ever fact check for bullcrap before posting it? Vs. a weak Hockey East and their offensive depth, they can make a case for breaking that record.
                              I think you were talking about Hockey East regular season records, were you not horse face?

So they did it 4 times last year, not 5.

4 Does not turn into 27

4 out of 27 means they can make a case for breaking it. You really believe they are going to average over 7.5 goals a game vs BU/UNH/NU etc?

You really believe that horse face?

Comment

Working...
                              X