Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    BC fans are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey! I said almost lol. I flipped off the Notre Dame team bus as it drove past today so I guess you can call BC fans classy too.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
      Hey! I said almost lol. I flipped off the Notre Dame team bus as it drove past today so I guess you can call BC fans classy too.
      uh, ya, classy............. that would do it

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I am proud to know what a smoot is.
        how many smoots long is the bridge?!? i always forget....
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          Curious why BC keeps ducking Brown when they make their schedule every year. Obviously York is afraid of the Meehan Madness.
          Do they still have the stuffed grizzly in the lobby?
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Do they still have the stuffed grizzly in the lobby?
            I don't think so. The last time I was there it was gone. **** school probably sold it to buy some pucks or something.
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

i took the kids down for the union game last winter... it was there. huge *** bear.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I boldly predict that hockey will score more points over the course of their season this year than football.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  i took the kids down for the union game last winter... it was there. huge *** bear.
                  Good to hear. If only the hockey team was that intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                    I boldly predict that hockey will score more points over the course of their season this year than football.
                    Speaking of football, why is BC in the ACC? They should get out of that conference asap. Judging by how they look tonight, Brown would beat them. Maybe they should drop out of the FBS and play with us at the kiddie table.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Speaking of football, why is BC in the ACC? They should get out of that conference asap. Judging by how they look tonight, Brown would beat them. Maybe they should drop out of the FBS and play with us at the kiddie table.
                      I'm on the fence over whether the move to the ACC was a good one. Sure, the coffers are full of TV cash but the seats aren't flush with people. Is it acceptable to be swimming in $$$ if fan apathy is the price? In the end, BC can't bounce around to another Conference. They've made their bed, so to speak.

With four straight home games to start the schedule, 2-2 isn't acceptable...especially with an 'imminently beatable' Notre Dame that spanked them around pretty handily...at BC...on national TV.

If DeFilippo is biting his fingernails, GOOD. The sport he cares least for--hockey--is the only program (right now) that's a respectable one.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

ACC > Big East.

If you ever have designs on becoming a big time program, this is where you need to be. Imagine BC had that great run like a few years ago, would they have been ranked #2 in the country had they been playing South Florida and Rutgers?
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

The ACC is great for BC, let's not kid ourselves here. And thanks to Gene for getting us there, really. But he should still kill himself for doing a lot of other things wrong involving the department, including the last two football hires. Spaz sucks and Gene's cute little game of chicken with Jags has painted him in the corner of not being able to get rid of his cute little TOB clone now. Speaking of people that suck, how about the BC offensive line full of Billy Bob's who just got our quarterback's ankle screwed up.

That program hasn't hit rock bottom yet but it's in free fall mode. It was teetering on the edge of this for a long time, though. Leahy better clean house.

Thank God for Jerry and BC hockey. For all the people that whine about Gene not giving any attention to hockey, you should thank your lucky stars that he doesn't go anywhere near it. He's like a bad King Midas, everything he touches turns to crap.
                          Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-02-2010, 11:56 PM.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Thank God for Jerry and BC hockey. For all the people that whine about Gene not giving any attention to hockey, you should thank your lucky stars that he doesn't go anywhere near it. He's like a bad King Midas, everything he touches turns to crap.
                            Exactly... let's hope he keeps a "hands off" attitude about basketball the way he has for hockey & results will improve...

BU hung 9 on Toronto tonight so I'm hoping for double digits tomorrow.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Okay, seriously, with the "BC shouldn't be in the ACC" crap...

Outside of the fact that we, um, you know, have been more successful than 75% of the teams in this conference in football since we've joined, BC soccer says hello.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                Exactly... let's hope he keeps a "hands off" attitude about basketball the way he has for hockey & results will improve...

BU hung 9 on Toronto tonight so I'm hoping for double digits tomorrow.
                                Toronto must be a very bad team this year. They also lost to York Univ. 6-1. York just got pasted by Niagara 9-0. If BC does not score double digits I'll be concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X