Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

I knew there'd be a comment on that the minute I saw it. I have nothing to do with it.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

4-0 and 4-1 on the weekend against a top team in the Conference and the NCAA. THAT's exactly what was needed.
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Good to see that even when our big guns are shut down (i.e. Atkinson, Kreider, JHayes, etc), some of the second tier guys like Carey, Arnold and Mullane pick up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
          4-0 and 4-1 on the weekend against a top team in the Conference and the NCAA. THAT's exactly what was needed.
          Nice wins for BC but Maine being a top team remains to be seen
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

As one of the Maine fans said on the score thread it looked like BC was toying with Maine today. Great stuff. They responded well to what is going to ultimately be a giant PWR weekend for us.

Wondering when san diego is going to chime in with his comments.

Maine is a good team but a) BC is a step ahead and b) I'm unimpressed with their goaltending. Diamond is excellent.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Well, what counts is when you played them, right? In other words, Maine could lose the rest of their games this year and BC would still be credited with two 'high-quality' victories because of where Maine was when BC played them, is that correct?
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Yeah, but you guys are still way off the pace for the HE scoring record.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Well, what counts is when you played them, right? In other words, Maine could lose the rest of their games this year and BC would still be credited with two 'high-quality' victories because of where Maine was when BC played them, is that correct?
                  No, that not how it goes. Don't worry Maine will win some games I'm pretty sure BC won't need those wins, they're going to roll thru HE
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    Wondering when san diego is going to chime in with his comments.
                    Are we supposed to be impressed with Maine??? LOLOLOLOLOL

Diamond is excellent.
                    At being a *****?

Comment

Diamond had a number of good scoring chances that Muse just beat him on. He's a more skilled player than I think a lot of people notice because of the other (a different skill) dimension to his game. Maine is a great team this year and will be even better once O'Neill and Dimmen are back. Expect them to be in the NCAAs this year unless there is a lot more injury trouble.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Agreed.

Well, what counts is when you played them, right?
                        Uh.... no.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        At being a *****?
                        Diamond is definitely a punk. Loved seeing him get all whiny when Gibbons caught him with a decent hit and then Gibbons knocked him on his butt on the matching penalties 10 seconds later. Learn to take a hit, kid. He still was their best player this weekend IMO and you can see he has some skill. His good finish probably has put him in the overrated category right now (maybe put Kreider in that category too?).
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          *****http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1HS1-ujUwqpK8M:http://i447.***********.com/albums/qq191/maikelito/NelsonHaHa.jpg&t=1******
                          *****http://www.goodkarmafactory.com/sitebuilder/images/KarmaCop-311x322.jpg******
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

At being a *****?
                            Oh, he's definitely a *****, but a talented one.

I do think Maine will end the year as Hockey East's 2nd best team, but I think we saw this weekend the gap between BC and everyone else in the league when they put it all together.

Of course, I'm sure sandiego or someone will pull that quote out and have a laugh next time BC loses a game, but York et. al. know when to show their hand and when to hold something back.
                            -

Comment

York et. al. know when to show their hand and when to hold something back.
                              I think you're a very good poster, but you're delusional if you think anyone in HE is holding anything back at this point in the season. Everyone understands the importance of every game, and no one, even BC, is going to take for granted that they'll make the NCAAs and can therefore afford to hold something back.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                I think you're a very good poster, but you're delusional if you think anyone in HE is holding anything back at this point in the season. Everyone understands the importance of every game, and no one, even BC, is going to take for granted that they'll make the NCAAs and can therefore afford to hold something back.
                                I'm going to have to disagree. Every year around February we see BC suddenly a) make a few slight adjustments to the breakout and to the power play and b) find line combinations that they stick with and ride for the rest of the year. I've got to think at this point that York spends most of the year sort of scheming (I'd love to read that notebook of his), then makes the proper adjustments for the most important games.

I'm sure they're not "holding back" in the sense of not giving 100% effort on the ice, but every year BC's game plan isn't quite where it needs to be until the end of the year.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X