Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Does anyone else think him getting banned is a little harsh? Sure, he made some dumb posts, but for the most part, they were at least about hockey. Some were actually quite insightful. He called people idiots and area clowns, but rarely did he make overly vicious personal attacks. I think he deserved a good deal of neg rep, but not a ban.
    i will say one thing.................it's been mighty quiet in here, maybe too quiet and , well, he did start up some flaming that was really funny at times, so, yeah i would say i mostly agree with you. so, is there no recourse? that's the end of hokydad forever? i'm not sure i'm ok with that but he certainly seemed to like your end of comm ave better than ours...............
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-18-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Does anyone else think him getting banned is a little harsh? Sure, he made some dumb posts, but for the most part, they were at least about hockey. Some were actually quite insightful. He called people idiots and area clowns, but rarely did he make overly vicious personal attacks. I think he deserved a good deal of neg rep, but not a ban.
      who knows. when they want you banned, you are gone.. they could have gotten him for anything small like his constant rumor mongering, let alone the personal attacks and name calling which all violate board rules. i agree his act was pretty tame (and funny); though he did go over the line with his obvious creation of the manny account who he used to do his 'anonymous' neg (gray??) repping

edit: scratch that, i should have checked my rep first

Thread: Boston College...
      manny is out back banging your mother
      11-16-2010 11:08 PM
      Hokydad
      Last edited by SteveF; 11-18-2010, 01:03 PM.
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        who knows. when they want you banned, you are gone.. they could have gotten him for anything small like his constant rumor mongering, let alone the personal attacks and name calling which all violate board rules. i agree his act was pretty tame (and funny); though he did go over the line with his obvious creation of the manny account who he used to do his 'anonymous' neg (gray??) repping
        'splain the "gray" repping please, i dont get that........ i have some but never understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          'splain the "gray" repping please, i dont get that........ i have some but never understood it.
          If the person repping you is in the red then the rep they leave is gray, no matter if its pos or neg. And I don't believe it counts in the points either. So Hokydad's would be gray.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

* Hokydad

Banned

* Send Private Message Send Private Message
            * Add to Ignore List Add to Ignore List
            * Find all posts Find all posts
            * Find all started threads Find all started threads

Mini Statistics

Last Activity
            Today 12:35 PM

looks like he was here hour and half ago......but still banned? He posted yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              If the person repping you is in the red then the rep they leave is gray, no matter if its pos or neg. And I don't believe it counts in the points either. So Hokydad's would be gray.
              ahhhhhhh, thanks jcarter. btw, the windjammer was ok and the salad bar very good. we did the upstairs bar thing. my wife's meal sucked, mine was fine. if you haven't tried Leunig's Bistro on Church st you should and they have a special from i think 4-5:30, something like that for $15 where you get soup or salad and the main course. i had a terrific pasta dish (i'm italian and picky with my pasta) and my wife had beef bourguignon which was awesome........i digress

Comment

also, i believe, if you have less than 100 posts your reps stay gray regardless of whether or not you are red or green
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

ahhhhhhh, thanks jcarter. btw, the windjammer was ok and the salad bar very good. we did the upstairs bar thing. my wife's meal sucked, mine was fine. if you haven't tried Leunig's Bistro on Church st you should and they have a special from i think 4-5:30, something like that for $15 where you get soup or salad and the main course. i had a terrific pasta dish (i'm italian and picky with my pasta) and my wife had beef bourguignon which was awesome........i digress

Yes Leunigs is quite good as well. There are actually a lot of good places to eat, really depends on what type of dinner you are looking for. But glad you enjoyed it, Leunigs that is.

Comment

* Hokydad

Banned

* Send Private Message Send Private Message
                    * Add to Ignore List Add to Ignore List
                    * Find all posts Find all posts
                    * Find all started threads Find all started threads

Mini Statistics

Last Activity
                    Today 12:35 PM

looks like he was here hour and half ago......but still banned? He posted yesterday?
                    maybe he was banned after posting yesterday.....i did notice that he was on but then all his other posts previous to the alleged ban all have banned under his name

Comment

Honestly, couldn't care less that he's banned and prefer reading this board without his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        I think they previously had it listed as 4:00 at USCHO, but it's always been 1:00 at Hockey East Online and at BC's site. The BC and HE sites are always accurate, and will have updates if there is ever a change. HE is always on top of changes, in case of snow postponements, etc.
                        Thanks for the explanation, FiveHole12
                        Boston College Eagles
                        NCAA Champions
                        1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Jeez, I have 1 busy week at work and miss hokydad getting banned?!!!?!?! Wow.

What did he do?

Figure a split vs. Maine this weekend. Would be quite happy with 3 pts. BC hasn't tied yet this year, might be due for a tie. Play Muse both nights ****it!
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Maybe some should start a RIP in Candyvan thread where everyone can share a special neg rep from the little guy.

Here's mine :

"you are a moron with possibly tghe lowest IQ of any poster I have ever seen. What a fool. Sad thing is you dont realize that eevry person looks at you as a total moron. r"

Comment

"you are a moron with possibly tghe lowest IQ of any poster I have ever seen. What a fool. Sad thing is you dont realize that eevry person looks at you as a total moron. r"
                              Did you misspell those words on purpose, area clown?
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

We did the Windjamer as well. Had reservations downstairs but got comfortable in the bar so we ate upstairs. I agree, it was OK, but I would have preferred the BIG BEEF on the first floor menu (I got out voted 3-1).

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
                                Thanks for the explanation, FiveHole12
                                You're welcome.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X