Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    So what you're really saying is Muse = Tim Thomas and Milner = Rask? Seems like the Bruins are always hanging Rask out to dry this year...
    yep, kinda like that...........wonder if anyone knows about Kreider?????

Comment

the defense isnt playing particularly tight enough in front of either goalie. i wouldnt be so quick as to isolate it to milner. though i agree there is not much he could have done on most of those goals from saturday.
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        the defense isnt playing particularly tight enough in front of either goalie. i wouldnt be so quick as to isolate it to milner. though i agree there is not much he could have done on most of those goals from saturday.
        i thought he played ok but i dont think there is any way Muse doesn't get both Maine games...............i read somewhere about Kreider getting hurt but on EA no one has responded if they knew if he's ok after it was said he got hit with a shot in the ankle.............

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          i thought he played ok but i dont think there is any way Muse doesn't get both Maine games...............i read somewhere about Kreider getting hurt but on EA no one has responded if they knew if he's ok after it was said he got hit with a shot in the ankle.............
          i agree on the maine games; muse's play has been far superior and he deserves to play as long as that is the case.

milner has only played the saturday game following a friday night game. so when you consider the next 5 games are: fri, sun, fri, sun, fri; i suspect muse will play all of those games and the earliest we would see milner again is 12/4 vs bu. just a guess.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

i agree on the maine games; muse's play has been far superior and he deserves to play as long as that is the case.

milner has only played the saturday game following a friday night game. so when you consider the next 5 games are: fri, sun, fri, sun, fri; i suspect muse will play all of those games and the earliest we would see milner again is 12/4 vs bu. just a guess.
            good to hear from you steve but where are all the other Eagles?
            i know it's november but this is an important part of the schedule for our guys with Maine and BU sandwiching Mack and UVM

Comment

The way both teams are playing right now, a split would be almost heroic for BC. But, watch them prove me wrong by coming up with another 'Denver' weekend. They haven't won a two-game weekend since.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                The way both teams are playing right now, a split would be almost heroic for BC. But, watch them prove me wrong by coming up with another 'Denver' weekend. They haven't won a two-game weekend since.
                I thought they were going to break the Hockey East scoring record and walk thru the league? If they can slip in 17 on Friday and 16 on Saturday, they will be back on track, almost

Comment

As much as I think Muse should get the majority of the games (3-1 split), you have to imagine we see Milner before BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    I thought they were going to break the Hockey East scoring record and walk thru the league? If they can slip in 17 on Friday and 16 on Saturday, they will be back on track, almost
                    I think BC runs away with the first game 25-2, however the second game turns into more of a defensive slog, and BC wins 16-4. That should get us back on track.

Comment

very stale

Comment

BC is currently on pace to score ~74 goals on the season, or about 132 shy of the record...DOH!!!
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I thought the men's game was at 4:00? Did they change the time to accomodate Pats fans?
                          Boston College Eagles
                          NCAA Champions
                          1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
                            I thought the men's game was at 4:00? Did they change the time to accomodate Pats fans?
                            When I bought my tickets a while ago it was 1:00, and still is according to bceagles.com. I chose that game because it was a family friendly time.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
                              I think they previously had it listed as 4:00 at USCHO, but it's always been 1:00 at Hockey East Online and at BC's site. The BC and HE sites are always accurate, and will have updates if there is ever a change. HE is always on top of changes, in case of snow postponements, etc.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                good to hear from you steve but where are all the other Eagles?
                                i know it's november but this is an important part of the schedule for our guys with Maine and BU sandwiching Mack and UVM
                                the schedule is grossly imbalanced. if you look at the teams we play twice starting in january, it is almost laughable (with the exception of the 2 game set w/ UNH in march). so there will be some regression to the mean there as far as scoring and results - I just hope they haven't dug themselves too big a hole at that point. not to mention, if you lose the early season OOC games, the beanpot becomes a disaster for pwr considerations since it takes away two potential OOC games.

Comment

Working...
                                X