Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    SteveF, as always, the voice of reason.
    Went back and took at look at that '86 team....wow! 32 league games (before the advent of Merrimack, UMass and UVM in HE). 203 goals, 6.35/game. Top goal scorers included K. Stevens (30), T, Sweeney (29) C. Janney (23). Janney had 74 points, still a HE single season record. Team also had Leetch ( POY as a Freshman) and Hodge Jr.
    6.35 Goals/game.....and Merrimack wasn't even in the league!
    Wow, 32 league games! I thought they played less than that. Therefore, for BC to compare to them in an apples/apples comparison, they'd need to score 172 goals (6.35 per game @ 27 games).

Comment

Kariya put up 100 pts fresman year

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        No kidding. I also heard we put a man on the Moon once, too...

Comment

Congratulations to BC on their 2011 National Championship, a great team, a great tournament in St Paul, and another trophy for the wall.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Have captains been named?
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Congratulations to BC on their 2011 National Championship, a great team, a great tournament in St Paul, and another trophy for the wall.
              why thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                Have captains been named?
                Wha?

They were named at the banquet at the end of last season I believe.

J. Whitney (C)
                Gibbons (A)
                Cross (A)

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  sigh, yes, in 45 Total games, including non-league and NCAA playoff games. In 24 "Hockey East League Games", he totaled 63 points, a HE regular season record for freshmen that still stands. Janney holds the record for total points (74) in 32 league games. In terms of HE single season Points/Game, Kariya's 2.625/game is the standard.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    Wow, 32 league games! I thought they played less than that. Therefore, for BC to compare to them in an apples/apples comparison, they'd need to score 172 goals (6.35 per game @ 27 games).
                    32 games sounds high, but that includes the WCHA games from the partnership they ahd.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Wha?

They were named at the banquet at the end of last season I believe.

J. Whitney (C)
                      Gibbons (A)
                      Cross (A)
                      thanks, I either hadn't heard or forgot. Having kids has rot my brain.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                        FYI that the exhibition game vs. Toronto on Sunday is free and doesn't require a ticket.
                        I remember once they charged a $2 donation to get in. Not sure if they try that again. If they do could they please keep those donations for the hockey program.

Comment

tell me about it

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            tell me about it
                            Hehehehehe... you two ain't seen nothing yet.
                            Clear sailing until they hit about 12 or 13... then your ph'kd.
                            Talk to me after they graduate college.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Finer words have never been spoken. Do they(or we) actually survive through graduation?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                um, ya. just graduated one (from BC) and another is a junior at UMass-Boston so, yeah, i was ph'kd and i'm STILL ph'kd.........but you're right, 12-13-14?? absolute pits

Comment

Working...
                                X