Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
    If i remember right, the person who had the BC connection was/is in the Caps front office... I know the kids on the team had a blast that day and said Ovie was hilarious to hang out with though
    this or an assistant but there was someone Jerry knew that brought him here............and he loved the place

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
      If i remember right, the person who had the BC connection was/is in the Caps front office... I know the kids on the team had a blast that day and said Ovie was hilarious to hang out with though
      Yeah I don't think it was just an Ovechkin thing but a Capitals thing. They used BC's ice to practice before their game against the Bruins.

If I remember that right, Ovechkin fired off a shot that actually cracked the glass behind the net.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

GM of the Caps--George McPhee. Believe he played for York at Bowling Green.

As for that Ice Jam video, were those two guys even hockey players?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
          Slightly off topic, but I seem to remember a year or two ago Alex Ovechkin going over to BC and skating (not sure if it was with the team or by himself), when the Capitals were in town to face the Bruins. Questions:
          1. Does he have a relationship with Coach York?
          2. Will he go over there on Wednesday or Thursday?

I also remember him meeting with the team. But I'm not sure if it was in practice or in the locker room.
          I remember Ovie asked Jerry York if he could play in the Beanpot tourney for BC after he skated with them. Obviously Jerry told him he wasn't good enough and to stick with his Capitals.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            GM of the Caps--George McPhee. Believe he played for York at Bowling Green.

As for that Ice Jam video, were those two guys even hockey players?
            They might never admit it but... Yes... They are hockey players.
            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              Pike's Peak cards will be mailed separately. See you on the 29th!
              Can you let me know when you get yours? My mail is behind, I still haven't received my season tickets yet

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                Can you let me know when you get yours? My mail is behind, I still haven't received my season tickets yet
                Will do. They are mailed from the hockey office.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

FYI, just got an email about this

2010 LESTER PATRICK AWARDS
                  WED. OCT. 27 | 6:00 PM

Boston University Head Coach Jack Parker and Boston College Head Coach Jerry York are among this year's recipients of the Lester Patrick Award, for their contributions to USA Hockey.

Join Jack and Jerry, along with fellow honorees Bruins President Cam Neely and AHL President David Andrews on Wednesday, October 27 at the TD Garden to benefit the USA Hockey Foundation.

This very special evening will include a cocktail reception and dinner, and will be followed by a roundtable discussion with this year's honorees.

Tickets are limited, please click below for more information on this exciting event.

TICKET PRICES: $175.00
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                    They might never admit it but... Yes... They are hockey players.
                    haha didn't recognize either one...

Comment

Pretty sure it was Mullane on the right but just glanced at it.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        Pretty sure it was Mullane on the right but just glanced at it.
                        I think they were Pat Mullane and Chris Venti.
                        RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

seems rather serene in here this week............not a lot of fireworks as in weeks past. wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            seems rather serene in here this week............not a lot of fireworks as in weeks past. wonder why?
                            shhhh!

ain't it nice though that someone hasn't been in here?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              shhhh!

ain't it nice though that someone hasn't been in here?
                              check your rep

Comment

i'll smoke him out.. samuelsson is the best defensemen in the league/ncaa/world
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X