Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

I'm not a big fan of having Joe back there (still remember HE champ game) but can't argue with 23-23.

Comment

lo and behold, the ticket package arrived............a full 12 days before the first game no less and 2 weeks into the season!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        lo and behold, the ticket package arrived............a full 12 days before the first game no less and 2 weeks into the season!
        I guess mine should be arriving soon with the Pikes Peak cards. Opening night should be fun with the raising of the banner.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          I guess mine should be arriving soon with the Pikes Peak cards. Opening night should be fun with the raising of the banner.
          pretty much will be a goose bump moment......sure would like to be 4-0 heading into that. ND will be tough for us as they always are, another good early season test.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            Pike's Peak cards will be mailed separately. See you on the 29th!
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

come on guys, sleepy thread again, we are too complacent and spoiled! Muse in net saturday at South Bend?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                come on guys, sleepy thread again, we are too complacent and spoiled! Muse in net saturday at South Bend?
                I would think Muse will be in net. Muse has really been sharp in 2 games and taking this game would be our last OOC game until we get Colgate and Mercyhurst/Dartmouth in the Christmas tourney. An OOC slate sweep would be huge. More importantly they are the only CCHA team we play this year so the COP component will be in very good shape for BC against CCHA teams with a win over ND (although domination throughout the year like some expect will have BC's RPI and TUC in absurd shape and render COP fairly useless in most comps).

The question to me is Macleod in or out?
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Even to have a chance to start 4-0 with their schedule to start the season is remarkable. I too think Muse will be starting Saturday night. We will see Muse Saturday night and the night of the banner raising, and Milner at Merrimack next Saturday. That's my guess.

I know it's real early, but I can't stop thinking about how good this team can be. Definitely setting myself up for a letdown, but I mean they are only going to get better as they figure out line combinations/chemistry and they have proven goaltending.

Comment

Things that I have noticed in the early going..

- GJD66 pointed this out to me - they are 23 for 23 on the PK. 100% is awesome. But 23 penalties in 3 games?
                    - Samuelsson has 21 PIMs so far including the game DQ.
                    - Kreider is the only non-freshman forward with zero points so far.
                    - I didn't see the Fri game vs DU but I was there on Saturday and Milner was out of this world.
                    - One thing this team has that previous ones didn't is size at forward. The Whitneys actually look very small out there compared to their own teammates.
                    Last edited by Zudnic; 10-20-2010, 12:51 PM.
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      The question to me is Macleod in or out?
                      Good question on MacLeod. Tough to answer after three games, but I guess the question would be is BC better with Brown at forward and Alber on D or with Alber at forward and MacLeod on D...

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                      Even to have a chance to start 4-0 with their schedule to start the season is remarkable. I too think Muse will be starting Saturday night. We will see Muse Saturday night and the night of the banner raising, and Milner at Merrimack next Saturday. That's my guess.
                      Agree on all of this and didn't expect them to be 3-0 at this point. Just an added bonus given they only have 13 home games this year. BTW, is that the least amount of home games for any team in the country?

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                      Things that I have noticed in the early going..

- GJD66 pointed this out to me - they are 23 for 23 on the PK. 100% is awesome. But 23 penalties in 3 games?
                      - Samuelsson has 21 PIMs so far including the game DQ.
                      - Kreider is the only non-freshman forward with zero points so far.
                      - I didn't see the Fri game vs DU but I was there on Saturday and Milner was out of this world.
                      - One thing this team has that previous ones didn't is size at forward. The Whitneys actually look very small out there compared to their own teammates.
                      1. Jimmy Hayes is becoming an absolute beast of a penalty killer
                      2. Didn't see the Samuelsson "major", but I'm not concerned about that
                      3. Not worried about Kreider either as he's been playing with a couple rookies and a F/D hybrid
                      4. Good problem to have
                      5. There's definitely a good mix with guys like Atkinson, Gibbons and the Whitney brothers...and then the Hayes brothers, Kreider, Arnold, Brown, Carey

Comment

Don't watch this at work or anywhere you can't start laughing - Ice Jam video featuring members of the 4 teams involved - http://bit.ly/icejam

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I seem to remember a year or two ago Alex Ovechkin going over to BC and skating (not sure if it was with the team or by himself), when the Capitals were in town to face the Bruins. Questions:
                          1. Does he have a relationship with Coach York?
                          2. Will he go over there on Wednesday or Thursday?

I also remember him meeting with the team. But I'm not sure if it was in practice or in the locker room.

Comment

Was just thinking, BC's last 5 games have been against very strong Miami & UW teams in the FF, at NU and two at perennial powerhouse DU. BC has won all 5 of those games by a combined score of 22-3. Not too shabby! :-)

Comment

i would imagine macloed is in the lineup until he plays his way out of it.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                                Slightly off topic, but I seem to remember a year or two ago Alex Ovechkin going over to BC and skating (not sure if it was with the team or by himself), when the Capitals were in town to face the Bruins. Questions:
                                1. Does he have a relationship with Coach York?
                                2. Will he go over there on Wednesday or Thursday?

I also remember him meeting with the team. But I'm not sure if it was in practice or in the locker room.
                                If i remember right, the person who had the BC connection was/is in the Caps front office... I know the kids on the team had a blast that day and said Ovie was hilarious to hang out with though

Comment

Working...
                                X