Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Hey thanks five hole 12. I just found out, I'm a lesbian too.
    Geez, and we thought you were a thespian!
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Any BC fans going to Mathews Arena on Saturday?
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        I'll be there.
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          Please point out where "everyone thinks they're going to be awesome this year"? The expectation from most is that they will be better; the highest I've seen anyone picking them is 5th (even you said that!). IIRC, Lowell was projected in the top 3? As an alum, the whole "Merrimack sucks", Merrihack stuff gets old; I think they're making strides away from being a perennial HE doormat and I hope it continues.
          I think 5th-6th is a rational projection.
          People are going to say Merrimack sucks until proven otherwise. Since when is 5th place so some sort of justification that they team doesn't 'suck'? Make an NCAA tourney before crying because someone says your team sucks. Truth be told, they have sucked since they joined Hockey East and I'll say they suck until they do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            I'll be there.
            Looking forward to seeing this team play (against a competitive D1 team) again. Matthews should be rocking and is always a great place to watch a game. Hoping BC quiets the pound, but as we all know sometimes early season games don't go as expected. I still think BC is too strong this year and will win 5-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              People are going to say Merrimack sucks until proven otherwise. Since when is 5th place so some sort of justification that they team doesn't 'suck'? Make an NCAA tourney before crying because someone says your team sucks. Truth be told, they have sucked since they joined Hockey East and I'll say they suck until they do something about it.
              They would be a great fit for the Atlantic league.

Comment

I'll be there.
                Do you park in the garage or in the streets?
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  They would be a great fit for the Atlantic league.
                  I never did understand why they are in Hockey East. They would be a classic Atlantic League team as you say. Oh well, what can you do.

Comment

Do you park in the garage or in the streets?
                    My limo drops me off.

Comment

In +3. Love NU's ticket system, being able to physically select your seats. I had the opportunity to sit in the first row upper deck but it was next to the mental midgets, went 2nd row between the blue lines. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

yes

Comment

The money and the support for the team has been lacking for many years. I think you're going to start seeing Merrimack as a team that belongs in Hockey East and can do well in Hockey East.

Back in 04-05 I was saying the same thing, move to AH. Looking back at it, there was a combination of circumstances not unlike what's going on at PC now. Terrible coach and the administration simply did not care.

The difference, as someone pointed out earlier is that PC has a history in HE that predates their situation now. But if PC was as young as Merrimack is in the HE you'd be saying the same thing about them. The similarities of the pre-Dennehy era and the Army era at PC are starkly similar.

As a Warrior fan I'm proud to be in such a strong conference and proud to have BC and BU representing us in out of conference play and at the national level. I mean no sarcasm when I say that I can imagine that it's frustrating being an avid fan for some of the elite teams in HE and having to play a team that doesn't really seem like they belong.

Give Merrimack a chance to prove its self over the next few years, it took a bit for the administration to come around (if you have some spare time ask a Merrimack fan about a certain Richard Santigati) but I believe they have. There's a chance to see something special develop there and it's exciting for all of Hockey East, not just Merrimack fans.
                          Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                            The money and the support for the team has been lacking for many years. I think you're going to start seeing Merrimack as a team that belongs in Hockey East and can do well in Hockey East.

Back in 04-05 I was saying the same thing, move to AH. Looking back at it, there was a combination of circumstances not unlike what's going on at PC now. Terrible coach and the administration simply did not care.

The difference, as someone pointed out earlier is that PC has a history in HE that predates their situation now. But if PC was as young as Merrimack is in the HE you'd be saying the same thing about them. The similarities of the pre-Dennehy era and the Army era at PC are starkly similar.

As a Warrior fan I'm proud to be in such a strong conference and proud to have BC and BU representing us in out of conference play and at the national level. I mean no sarcasm when I say that I can imagine that it's frustrating being an avid fan for some of the elite teams in HE and having to play a team that doesn't really seem like they belong.

Give Merrimack a chance to prove its self over the next few years, it took a bit for the administration to come around (if you have some spare time ask a Merrimack fan about a certain Richard Santigati) but I believe they have. There's a chance to see something special develop there and it's exciting for all of Hockey East, not just Merrimack fans.
                            When Merrimack called Mike Cavanaugh to interview him after Serino left, he told them he wouldn't interview unless they considered changing to Atlantic Hockey. They hired Dennehy instead who has my vote to be the next HC at BC.

Comment

When Merrimack called Mike Cavanaugh to interview him after Serino left, he told them he wouldn't interview unless they considered changing to Atlantic Hockey. They hired Dennehy instead who has my vote to be the next HC at BC.
                              Agreed with you there, I was just talking with a friend about how Dennehy will most likely get the call to interview once York hangs em up. I think the hiring of Dennehy represents a turning point for Merrimack Hockey.

It was a commitment to Hockey East, a commitment to the other teams in Hockey East to get to a certain compete level, and most of all a commitment to the Merrimack Community. Dennehy in combination with the new athletic director Glenn Hoffman have made a very bright future for Merrimack Hockey. And hey, come on if we left there would only be 2 Catholic schools in HE...the more power from the heavens in the conference the better haha.

But in all seriousness, the dark days of Merrimack Hockey are over I think we can all agree on that, and I look forward to the games against BC this year. Like someone said on the NU thread...this BC team is a team that people are going to be talking about 10+ years down the road, it's an honor to be in the same conference with them and now... actually able to compete with them haha.

I want to leave the discussion off here because after all this is a BC thread not Merrimack and I don't want to be accused of any hijacking haha, however, like I said I'm sure that MC has been almost a "nuisance" to BC and BU the past decade or so, but I hope you guys over there at the heights realize that's changing. I said I'm proud to be in the same conference as you, I hope that in time that will be reciprocated.

I know it will take some time, but what he have now is the beginning of the travel down that road.

I wish your boys at the heights nothing but the best of luck this year, I was a life long eagle fan prior to attending Merrimack College and will always root for them in any other contest besides one against us Just know that your baby-cousin catholic school in Hockey East is starting to grow up a bit and take some pride in that.
                              Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

Good post Salvo.
                                I think most MC fans (and HE fans with a clue)recognize that the situation at MC is much improved from a few years ago. No arguement from me that they sucked in the past; (perhaps I can get Slasher to gimme that they "suck less" now? )Will they ever compete with BC for a National Title? No way. The criteria for success for MC is dramatically different than for BC (or UMaine, BU or UNH for that matter). For MC, I'd look at 4th place as outstanding. For BC, not winning the NC would be a disappointment. And I for one would love to see BC win another one!
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X