This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

For starters, at least we aren't playing the #7 team in the country in a place that this team has less wins in Maine over the past ten years than the amount of fingers on two hands

The games pose interesting questions in matchups, especially in the goaltending department. Does Carr or Boulanger get the start? Will we see either Heffron or Massie dressed? If one gets the start at Niagara, does they see action on Saturday. A host of unknowns.

Conventional wisdom says the start should go to Carr and give him another shot. He needs to get right back in after he and his "defense" got embarassed in Orono last Friday.

Looking for a much more consistent effort from the upperclassmen.

Niagara is the most important game of the weekend. They can't go down 0-2 heading into RIT for a host of reasons.

I'm heading out for the weekend, who else in on the list.
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Last week's performance (and subsequent USCHO forum rookie of the weak nomination) notwithstanding, Doug Carr is listed as #10 on INCH's top ten incoming goaltenders list. I'm not sure how many of those goalies are playing as much during their freshman year, though. If he gets a start this weekend, let's hope that he plays like a top recruit.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Arch...sgoal_1011.htm
      Last edited by goUMLgoBC; 10-14-2010, 06:03 AM.
      U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
      UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

And in other random internet news, Hockey East Online's new weekly video featrue, Five Minute Major, features Scott Campbell this week. I haven't seen it yet (the video is blocked here) so I'll have to wait until after work, but hopefully it's a good interview.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/media/5mm.php
        U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
        UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
          And in other random internet news, Hockey East Online's new weekly video featrue, Five Minute Major, features Scott Campbell this week. I haven't seen it yet (the video is blocked here) so I'll have to wait until after work, but hopefully it's a good interview.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/media/5mm.php
          Has a 'bonus' with the Soup interviewing Delucca (sp) at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            It will be better this weekend right? Right?
            If they lose Friday, game over for Saturday... but on the bright side, it's not a bye week for the Pats.

Comment

The field hockey team is now 11-0, with a 60-2 goal differential.
              Lowell won at Bentley today, 2-0. Slackers.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell won at Bentley today, 2-0. Slackers.
                absolutely killing their GPG average. Unacceptable (and how are they ranked 3rd?)

Comment

Things get worse for UML Men's Soccer... Coach Scales resigns mid-season.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...101410aaa.html
                  UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    absolutely killing their GPG average. Unacceptable (and how are they ranked 3rd?)
                    the other two teams are also undefeated... and they don't play each other until the end of the regular season.

----

as for msoc... when a team falls apart that fast, hard not to think the coach is the problem... so I don't see that necessarily being "worse".
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

If this is right, there are only 25 teams in NCAA Field Hockey (DII). As of the last poll, 5 of the top 6 teams in the country (aka all but UML) are from the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. As a matter of fact, there's only 2 NE-10 teams in the top 10.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I've got family just outside of Rochester so I'm thinking about heading out for the game tomorrow. Looking forward to having a few Yuenglings! Not really looking forward to driving solo so it depends on my cousin getting out of work early enough.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                          I've got family just outside of Rochester so I'm thinking about heading out for the game tomorrow. Looking forward to having a few Yuenglings! Not really looking forward to driving solo so it depends on my cousin getting out of work early enough.
                          If you plan to go to the RIT game, you better make sure you have a ticket in advance. There are less than 800 left at the BCA.
                          Last edited by komey1; 10-15-2010, 05:12 PM. Reason: updated number of tickets left
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Live Blogging the game here ---> http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php...=550&width=470

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                              I get to have Yuenglings EVERY day... so there
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                I get to have Yuenglings EVERY day... so there
                                Speaking as someone who actually LIKES beer ... Yeungling sucks.

2-2 tie tonight, not a bad result. Good to see Carr get a start again just to get himself straightened up. I'm assuming Boulanger will have to deal with the 16k in attendance tomorrow?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X