X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Scary thought for the day ... we have a pretty good class coming in next season, and almost all of it was due to the start last season. Imagine if we hadn't gotten off to that start. Yikes.
    Lottsa pressure on the upper classmen next yr I predict quite a few sitting and many youngsters playing.

Comment

Thank you, Les. For as long as Blaise is coach and the team struggles, there will be people like him who will be negative, looking for trouble, or always starting an argument. I do see your point and partially agree, but sometimes I feel there has to be a response. No matter if you respond to him or ignore him, he gets attention by default. That's why there is an ignore list.

I agree with Monty, we probably did catch a break with the 2011-2012 freshmen class due to the relative success of the previous two. Hopefully, this year will be the final class that will be so far out of balance.

I'd like to bring up another topic that I think is lacking a bit which is related to recruiting; out of conference travel. Recently, Merrimack took a road trip to North Dakota a couple of years back. This year, UMass went to Minnesota and PC went to UMD. We all know that some of these games are planeed several months if not a year or so in advance. Having a trip to Princeton, the North Country or the Capital District is OK, but I'd really like to see the Bentley's off of the schedule. At some point in the future we will have to go to Mankato which is good. We need to have more series as such with team to get the name out there and in turn open some eyes.
      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
        Thank you, Les. For as long as Blaise is coach and the team struggles, there will be people like him who will be negative, looking for trouble, or always starting an argument. I do see your point and partially agree, but sometimes I feel there has to be a response. No matter if you respond to him or ignore him, he gets attention by default. That's why there is an ignore list.
        It would appear that my complaints have finally gone to effect, as his posts have been removed.
        I'd like to bring up another topic that I think is lacking a bit which is related to recruiting; out of conference travel. Recently, Merrimack took a road trip to North Dakota a couple of years back. This year, UMass went to Minnesota and PC went to UMD. We all know that some of these games are planeed several months if not a year or so in advance. Having a trip to Princeton, the North Country or the Capital District is OK, but I'd really like to see the Bentley's off of the schedule. At some point in the future we will have to go to Mankato which is good. We need to have more series as such with team to get the name out there and in turn open some eyes.
        This is definitely related to recruiting a bit. Kids want to come to a school where they know they'll be playing against good competition. Knowing you're playing HE competition is wonderful, but being able to tell a kid that he could be part of a group that has a chance to go and win games at Michigan, ND, etc ... makes a difference, since many of these kids (if they dreamed of playing college hockey) wanted to play for or against those teams. Playing Bentley (nothing against them) really doesn't help.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We will be going to Mankato next season. I also agree we have Bentley on the schedule too many times. In the past, Lowell has gone to Michigan and Michigan State but these trips seems to be the exception. Lowell's non-league schedule usually is not as strong as the contenders in Hockey East and I think this should change.
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

As I recall you guys traveled to Alabama Huntsville last year. Not quite the same as playing Denver, North Dakota or Minnesota on the road, but it's a start.

Comment

Haha. Your Catamounts have the same amount of wins as this Lowell team that is loaded with underclassmen.

In other news: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and all that jazz to my fellow Lowell fans. See you all at the Tsongas on the 14th for the game NESN is probably trying to not televise.

Cheers.
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Comment

Some positive news, Hockey Takes Part in "Spread the Love"
                  Be sure to check out the photo gallery, good stuff.

Comment

NE Hockey Journal's Mid-Season grades.
                    UMass-Lowell: D-minus — And that might be a little generous. Once the league’s Little-Team-That-Could, the River Hawks have tumbled hard and fast this season, and enter the break in last place with just two wins. There are some silver linings — the league’s third-best power play, a strong start from sophomore Riley Wetmore — but they’re surrounded by some mighty big clouds as UML tries to move on from the large class it graduated last season.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So at the break we are at 2.5 million per win.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all the Lowell fans! Hope to see a big UML crowd in Durham in a few weeks. "Let's make the Whittemore Center Tsongas Center north!" haha

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          A pretty fair comment from them. I think the only reason they didn't get a F is the fact that upperclassmen injuries in the second half of the first semester absolutely crippled this team and left it without an experienced leader on the ice.
                          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Blaise has been added to the injury report.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_16919702
                            What did you say?
                            Who own the Chiefs?
                            What did he say?
                            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Merry Christmas all!

Hope River Hawk fans have a great Christmas and all River Hawk players (and coaches) are recovering well and working hard for a better second half.
                              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

The Lowell Sun put McDonald's McRib sandwiches on the list to give Blaise. heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X