X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
    Figuratively speaking, Blake Kessel's defensive play has been limping all season. Does he have a nagging injury that fans are unaware of?
    I have thought the same thing all year about his defensive play, it looks like he thinking to much offense and pinching up to much, like to see him stay back on the blue line a little more

Comment

I thought it was a proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        Wait, what?
        Come on Darci....I told you at Friday night's game that you needed a husband.
        UNH

Comment

Wow...what an exciting weekend of hockey to watch. Any time you take 4 points on the weekend it has to be a positive........here it comes......BUT they were extremely fortunate. Losing faceoffs by an embarrassing margin, allowing Maine to repeatedly come into the offensive zone unchallenged, if not for DiGi coming up huge on Friday and making the key stops on Saturday this could have easily been a very different result.

Can't wait to see how the Merrimack series plays out.
          Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

• Just watching the sequence the last 50 seconds, but unh was even luckier than I first thought... not only did nyquist (cherry picking like he did all weekend) miss the wide open net, there was a chip at a rebound that missed... then after some decent pressure by unh, a maine player was carrying the puck out of the zone and he simply fell down coughing up the puck. The bank shot goal was just the icing on the cake

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              a maine player was carrying the puck out of the zone and he simply fell down coughing up the puck.
              i missed that until the 2nd or 3rd time i watched the youtube clip. just a bizarre sequence.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Surreal, Watching the highlights, it seemed that the Maine player seemed to lose his edge twice at the red line, coughing up the puck and enabling the puck to be picked by a UNH player and tossed to Thompson,for the game wining drive.

Comment

Figuratively speaking, Blake Kessel's defensive play has been limping all season. Does he have a nagging injury that fans are unaware of?
                  He hurt his right leg early in the season (there are posts about it around the time of the UMass series). Doubt that's still nagging him, but, you never know.
                  Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                  -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                    He hurt his right leg early in the season (there are posts about it around the time of the UMass series). Doubt that's still nagging him, but, you never know.
                    Matt, when I watch Blake come out for warm ups, and whenever the teams is leaving the ice, I see him flexing his right knee, testing it, etc . . . he seems fine when he skates, so I don't know if it's more mental than physical, but there have been times when he seems slower than I remember.
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

I just figured that he was doing his best Brian Yandle impression for most of the season, tossing pucks directly into guys five feet in front of him. In all seriousness though, his play does seemed to have regressed a bit this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by unhcats99 View Post
                        I just figured that he was doing his best Brian Yandle impression for most of the season, tossing pucks directly into guys five feet in front of him. In all seriousness though, his play does seemed to have regressed a bit this year.
                        Our best defenseman is Kostolansky. Solid in his own end, his points have been a bonus. Another D-man who I love to watch is Kipp. He is having a solid year. He's come a long way since early last season.
                        Last edited by GoUNH; 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blearyman View Post
                          Surreal, Watching the highlights, it seemed that the Maine player seemed to lose his edge twice at the red line, coughing up the puck and enabling the puck to be picked by a UNH player and tossed to Thompson,for the game wining drive.
                          I'm pretty sure it was Beattie, who scored 2 of Maine's goals and was named the 2nd star of the game, despite his miscue. It's a pretty easy argument to make that Maine lost the game twice in 30 seconds or so due to players (Nyquist and Beattie) slipping.
                          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            I'm pretty sure it was Beattie, who scored 2 of Maine's goals and was named the 2nd star of the game, despite his miscue. It's a pretty easy argument to make that Maine lost the game twice in 30 seconds or so due to players (Nyquist and Beattie) slipping.
                            Well, Nyquist was knocked off a bit by DiGi's stick, and even still, 99/100 times he makes that shot. Beattie just blew a tire untouched....

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              Well, Nyquist was knocked off a bit by DiGi's stick, and even still, 99/100 times he makes that shot. Beattie just blew a tire untouched....
                              When I watched the replays, it appeared to me as if Nyquist lifted his (trailing, IIRC) right skate to avoid Digi's stick blade, and lost his balance on his left skate in the process of shooting. I think Digi truly "knocked him off his stride" without actually making contact. And yes, Nyquist's miss was spectacularly unexpected, because he still seemed to be in control of his momentum while shooting. I was at the game, and was dumbfounded as to how the puck didn't make it into the net. I never saw/heard the puck clang off the pipe, and when I saw the water bottle on top of the goal jump (apparently poked by a stick, when I watched the replay later) I thought for sure it was a goal on the rebound.

And Beattie blew 2 tires...leading to the turnover.

What an astonishing finish! (At least as much as the win in December was up in Maine.)
                              We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                              ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                              --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

A pleasant surprise - Kevin Goumas named Hockey East Rookie of the Week.
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X