X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LimeyCat View Post
    Thanks UML...
    Sorry I never got back to you. I had some family things come up this week and my mind was elsewhere. I hope your buddy got a ticket and enjoyed the win.

Comment

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
      The lines sure looked good tonight.
      I disagree, I thought the first line was awful, especially defensively, last night, and Umile lit into them after, I think, the 4th goal.

Great weekend of hockey, but, they'll have to turn it up a notch to get even 2 points next weekend. Merrimack is steamrolling teams, AND unlike Maine, they have a goaltender.

Comment

• PS, looking forward to pillb's insightful recap on the weekend's wins and how unh has embarrassingly lost 2 hockey east points in the last 3 months (with a big * on that loss)

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
          Great weekend of hockey, but, they'll have to turn it up a notch to get even 2 points next weekend. Merrimack is steamrolling teams, AND unlike Maine, they have a goaltender.
          That whole statement just feels weird.
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

That's pretty much what happened. I'm going to put a video clip from the Channel 11 coverage up on youtube as soon as I figure out how to do it.
            Only thing to add - UNH was ranked #1 in the nation that season for the first time ever.
            That would be great to see -- thanks so much in advance! When you do, can you please let me know via the Score Updates thread, as I rarely come to the main Board.

Current UNH fans will be amazed to see those two minutes of hockey.

I do remember that first ever #1 national ranking (and of course we were #1 in the East by virtue of our #1 ECAC seed, as the ECAC was the only eastern conference back then). One other cruel twist which fans today will find odd: in those days, the NCAA's were merely a four team tourney, with the four Western and Eastern title game teams comprising the entire field.

So not only was it one-loss-and-you're-out from the get-go in your regional tourney -- your entire season ended as well (no Pairwise, PRI, etc. ). Even though you were the East's top-ranked team -- and arguably the nation's best -- a single loss in OT (with a totally green goalie filling in), and it was season/career over for UNH and C-H-C...

Comment

Picture from this morning's Union Leader:

"Paul Thompson celebrates Darcy's amazing fan skills."
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

At first glance, DiGi's risky race to the loose puck with Nyquist was totally ineffective. However, the replay shows that he knocked Nyquist off his stride just enough to make his shot on the empty net awkward. Wonder if DiGi would do it the same way if he had it to do all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                  At first glance, DiGi's risky race to the loose puck with Nyquist was totally ineffective. However, the replay shows that he knocked Nyquist off his stride just enough to make his shot on the empty net awkward. Wonder if DiGi would do it the same way if he had it to do all over again.
                  Gus was definitely off balance when he took that shot. Otherwise its a sure goal!

Speaking of Nyquist, it was a pleasure to once again watch that kid play. He is simply awesome. Great awareness of what is going on around him, id swear he has eyes in the back of his head
                  Last edited by GoUNH; 02-06-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Mr. Buzzkill checking in. Had to rely on text updates of Friday's game during a long drive home from a business trip, decided to relax sans freezing rain and watch on NESN Saturday night. Very exciting games, missed being in the Whitt, but was glad to be relaxing to UMD/MN immediately after NESN's broadcast ended vs. driving home in the slop. I was reminded much earlier in this thread that teams have won it all with amazing last second finishes (BU 2009), but during both games I kept thinking that the path to a special season runs through Boston College, not during the final two regular season games.

On a brighter note, from TNH: Fans look to pass on cowbell tradition: http://www.tnhonline.com/sports/fans...tion-1.1962162

Buzzkill out.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

C-H-C - I thought Paul was celebrating because Darci said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
                        now.. why would you want to learn how to win face off's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5THX7td0rU
                        What a great post! Thanks a ton -- watching that again was sublime...

Comment

Thanks for posting this as well, Gordie-Jamie-Cliff. And great photo from the Union Leader!

No NESN or U-L down here, so much appreciated.

Another observation after watching the clip you posted: Kyle Beattie losing an edge falling down while controlling the puck at center ice with 24 seconds left creates a turnoner, and is what makes Thompson's break-in and score with just 15 ticks left possible...
                          Last edited by snively; 02-06-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
                            C-H-C - I thought Paul was celebrating because Darci said yes.
                            Wait, what?
                            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally Posted by RockTheWhit:
                              (Maine Defenseman) Diamond was noticeably limping around the Whit on Friday. He took warmups last night, but didn't come back out with the team for starting lineups.
                              Figuratively speaking, Blake Kessel's defensive play has been limping all season. Does he have a nagging injury that fans are unaware of?

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                                Wait, what?
                                I assume Carl meant Thompson's on-his-knee's marriage proposal.

Comment

Working...
                                X