This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    UNH won so I'm assuming Wildcat Nation felt the officiating was good last night.
    Your post added so much! Actually, they were pretty awful but we managed to win. Go do something useful, like... turn yourself into onion rings.

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet. Although I agree that UNH did look sloppy, from our seats on the goalline, Digiralamo also looked EXTREMELY off at the start. During the first Providence rush, he was snapping his head around searching for the puck, which is rare. His discomfort showed with the Providence 2 goals on 3 shots. MAJOR props to him for settling down- especially after the early second period goal.

It was ugly, but once again, love the no quit play from the 'Cats.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Excellent college hockey game. Excellent 60-minute effort by UNH. Outshot BU 29-11 in the final two periods. 39 shots on Millan and he was the difference.
      Mike Borisenok missed the last several shifts after getting hit on the side of the head in the crease. Hope he's OK. Still have some games in hand in Hockey East so get some more points against Providence next weekend.
      Last edited by C-H-C; 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

UNH played well, but BU had the answer. I can't help but see Jackie Parker in the locker room, saying, "Here's what they do on the power play. Blah blah." It's so horribly unimaginative and lacking in mystique. I won't say Millan beat UNH. He had a few good saves. UNH had few good scoring chances because BU did not make a lot of mistakes. Maybe the referee (and he is a lardass) was out of position, and UNH got screwed. But score more goals.
        The program and Umile are unfortunately becoming caricatures of themselves. The turtleneck, the scowl, the fish flying onto the ice, whoopee doo. BU comes in to Durham and hands Mr. $400,000/year a 2-1 embarrassment, and we watch BC develop and win, and we watch BU develop and win, and we see the post-Christmas swoon begin. This is deja vu all over again, and the talent and effort of the players go for naught because of some reason which surfaces year-in and year-out. Excuse me if I appear obtuse, but, all other things being equal, what's been the constant for the last twenty or so years?
        "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
        Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
          Excellent college hockey game. Excellent 60-minute effort by UNH. Outshot BU 29-11 in the final two periods. 39 shots on Millan and he was the difference.
          Mike Borisenok missed the last several shifts after getting hit on the side of the head in the crease. Hope he's OK. Still have some games in hand in Hockey East so get some more points against Providence next weekend.
          Yeah... just an extremely frustrating game tonight. UNH skated very well at times and had a boatload of quality chances, but Millan was very good and certainly the difference.

Really liked the hustle of the 4th line.... and, boy, is Burke noticeable out there, too. Very impressed by him tonight. Would have liked to see a bit more urgency at the start of the 3rd period (like we had in the final 5:00), but still.... hard to be too upset. Sometimes the other goalie is just excellent.

Not much more to add than that. I thought UNH played much better than last night vs PC. Also, a bit unfortunate on the disallowed Thompson goal. A few in that end with good views said it was clearly in, but on TV, the replay was far from definitive. What can ya do? On those plays some go your way and some don't. We were unlucky on that one.

Ok, boys... home-and-homes for the next 6 weekends to wrap up the regular season. PC is up next. GO CATS!
          Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
          ECAC Tourney Champs 79
          Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
          Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
          Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
          NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
            Yeah... just an extremely frustrating game tonight.
            Indeed. The play that led to BU's game-winner was pitiful. Credit to BU: after the review on the almost UNH goal, they took it to UNH, who was caught on their heels.

Ok, boys... home-and-homes for the next 6 weekends to wrap up the regular season.
            Well, except for the Maine weekend.
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Did anybody notice that BU player with about 25 seconds left in the game catch the puck, spin around, and throw the puck out of the zone like a frisbee? They blew the whistle and I thought they were calling a delay of game for closing your hand on the puck, but they just had a faceoff. Is that not a penalty in college like it is in the NHL?

EDIT: Found the rule...It was called correctly.

A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must
              immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. A player shall not catch
              the puck and skate with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial
              advantage over an opponent.

FACEOFF—At one of the end-zone faceoff spots adjacent to the goal of
              the team causing the stoppage of play.

A puck that is on the ice shall not be picked up by any skater. Additionally,
              the puck shall not be thrown out of the ice.
              PENALTY—Minor for delay of game.
              Last edited by Crazy4UNHhockey; 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
                UNH played well, but BU had the answer. I can't help but see Jackie Parker in the locker room, saying, "Here's what they do on the power play. Blah blah." It's so horribly unimaginative and lacking in mystique. I won't say Millan beat UNH. He had a few good saves. UNH had few good scoring chances because BU did not make a lot of mistakes. Maybe the referee (and he is a lardass) was out of position, and UNH got screwed. But score more goals.
                The program and Umile are unfortunately becoming caricatures of themselves. The turtleneck, the scowl, the fish flying onto the ice, whoopee doo. BU comes in to Durham and hands Mr. $400,000/year a 2-1 embarrassment, and we watch BC develop and win, and we watch BU develop and win, and we see the post-Christmas swoon begin. This is deja vu all over again, and the talent and effort of the players go for naught because of some reason which surfaces year-in and year-out. Excuse me if I appear obtuse, but, all other things being equal, what's been the constant for the last twenty or so years?
                Get your facts straight. Umile did not wear a turtle neck last night

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                  Blah blah.
                  fixed your post..
                  GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                    And Vermont
                    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      Indeed. The play that led to BU's game-winner was pitiful. Credit to BU: after the review on the almost UNH goal, they took it to UNH, who was caught on their heels.

Oh yeah... duh.. .how did I forget that one???!!!
                      Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

UNH Wildcats
                      ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                      NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                        And Vermont
                        Oh dear God... what the hell?? I just should not have even put that!! LOL!!!!!

UNH Wildcats
                        ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                        NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                          ...The program and Umile are unfortunately becoming caricatures of themselves. The turtleneck, the scowl, the fish flying onto the ice, whoopee doo. BU comes in to Durham and hands Mr. $400,000/year a 2-1 embarrassment, and we watch BC develop and win, and we watch BU develop and win, and we see the post-Christmas swoon begin. This is deja vu all over again, and the talent and effort of the players go for naught because of some reason which surfaces year-in and year-out. Excuse me if I appear obtuse, but, all other things being equal, what's been the constant for the last twenty or so years?
                          I suppose it could be the whoopee doo, but I'm guessing it's the turtleneck?
                          That's gotta be it.
                          (And since when is a 2-1 loss an "embarassment", to a team that was ranked #1 in the country not too long ago? Not to mention a team that spotted 3 goals to BC the night before in the 1st period, and nearly came back to tie them?)

Bill -- once again, you're fawning over BU and BC. Sure they've had success, more than any other team in the country has had over the last 3 years. Good for them. We have 2 -- TWO! losses in HE right now, both to BU, which has 5 HE losses (including 1 to UNH), as does BC (also with 1 loss to us.)

Perhaps UNH will again fail to win a title this year -- I don't know of anybody who has projected the 'Cats to win it all, but there are many who predict we won't. The fact is, UNH generally offers a very entertaining and successful team during the season. Anything after that is a bonus, in my opinion.
                          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Down to 10 in the PWR. Friday's comeback win is bigger after Saturday's loss. I'd never trade a win for a loss, but I actually felt better after Saturday's game than Friday's. During Friday's game my daughter commented, "At least we're not peaking early". My response, "Better hope not".
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

I'm with goblue billb, if UNH doesn't measure up to your standards then please don't feel obligated to watch their efforts.....many of us enjoy the journey....you probably think the Pats are the worst NFL team in America since they didn't execute during a big game, forget the enjoyment the 14-2 season gave.....are you ever satisfied billb or is the glass always half empty?

Comment

Shocking bill chimes in after a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X