X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

From UNHWildcats.com:
    Game On: Men's Hockey Game Against Providence to be Played as Scheduled
    DURHAM, N.H. -- Despite the recent burst of winter weather, Friday night's men's hockey game featuring seventh-ranked UNH against Providence College will be played as scheduled. Puck drops at 7 p.m. at Whittemore Center.
    Guessing Providence must have driven up yesterday?
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      I am amazed he keeps getting elected Mayor. Apparently the good folks of Boston don’t find him as much of a buffoon as the rest of us.
      I think it's in the Boston DNA much like Buddy Cianci(sp?) was in the Providence DNA. At least Menino hasn't been sent to the BIG HOUSE(yet!!!) like Buddy was
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by InsideHockey View Post
        Hey Everyone,

Biz has some video of yesterday's UNH Press Conference Featuring Umile, Blake Kessel and Mike Beck:

Have a great day!
        Kessel and Beck handle themselves very well in these interviews I think and it's interesting to get their views on things. I like their confidence also moving forward. Dick was good too. Can't wait to take in some games soon.

I volunteer to interview Biz.......that would be interesting
        GO BLUE!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
          Guessing Providence must have driven up yesterday?
          Correct
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Very fortunate. Probably undeserved - but 2 points are 2 points.
            The only real bright spot was the Burke-Borisenok-Moses line. Terrific forechecking. Lots of nice passes from the top of the circles in. Nifty spin and shoot move by Burke. PSW and i'zon called it - that new line is generating lots of chances.
            Nice to see McCarey get some icetime and Sorkin looked very comfortable as a center. Tough loss for PC. Jon, PC91, the Freds, etc. should be proud. Best out of three series is still there for the taking.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Missed ya on the S.U. thread tonight, CHC, but yeah... sometimes you get lucky. You could make a strong case that all three 3rd period goals by UNH were lucky. Oh well. Take it and play better vs BU tomorrow.
              Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
              Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
              Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                Missed ya on the S.U. thread tonight, CHC, but yeah... sometimes you get lucky. You could make a strong case that all three 3rd period goals by UNH were lucky. Oh well. Take it and play better vs BU tomorrow.
                The video feed on UNHWildcats.TV showed another sloppy, low-energy performance in the first period and 1/2. It's almost like the team is saying -"OK, can the regular season be over now so we can start the playoffs?" Hopefully the energy will be there for BU tomorrow and Maine in two weekends.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Very fortunate to get the 2 points tonight. I believe someone has convinced the team it is better to get an assist than a goal. Way to many extra passes tonight and passing up the shot for a cross ice pass......and most of the night nobody was looking for a feed.

I was amazed by the number of faceoffs won by PC tonight. it will surprise me if UNH won 30% of them. Not sure if PC's 11 lost a draw all night.
                  Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                    Very fortunate. Probably undeserved - but 2 points are 2 points.
                    The only real bright spot was the Burke-Borisenok-Moses line. Terrific forechecking. Lots of nice passes from the top of the circles in. Nifty spin and shoot move by Burke. PSW and i'zon called it - that new line is generating lots of chances.
                    Nice to see McCarey get some icetime and Sorkin looked very comfortable as a center.
                    Thanks CHC- I don't know that I called anything out other than that they weren't producing.. The little that I did see- the physical dynamic that Burke adds and presence along the boards is equally obvious and valuable- perhpas this frees up space for the two speedsters. Nice to see them get a couple of points off that line, anyway-- hopefully this gets them jumpstarted.

GREAT to see Silengo and Sorkin ring the register again as well- Goumas and Speelman w/ helpers.
                    GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                      The video feed on UNHWildcats.TV showed another sloppy, low-energy performance in the first period and 1/2. It's almost like the team is saying -"OK, can the regular season be over now so we can start the playoffs?" Hopefully the energy will be there for BU tomorrow and Maine in two weekends.
                      Both teams played about 30-35 minutes of hockey tonight. PC played the first half, UNH played the 2nd, and snuck away with the win. The 2 goals in the 3rd were pretty much pure luck. Can't see an effort like that tonight being as fortunate.
                      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

That was an unsatisfying win while sitting through it, better in reflection as we never quit. Bummer for Providence , reflected by Coach Army's hasty exit and post-game comments. Anyone recall the last time we were down 2 - 0 at home? Thanks.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

UNH won so I'm assuming Wildcat Nation felt the officiating was good last night.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            UNH won so I'm assuming Wildcat Nation felt the officiating was good last night.
                            The radio announcers sure didn't, can't comment as I didn't make it.
                            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 01-22-2011, 01:34 PM.
                            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              I am amazed he keeps getting elected Mayor. Apparently the good folks of Boston don’t find him as much of a buffoon as the rest of us.
                              have you been to Boston in the past 10 years? are you old enough to have been to Boston say 15-20 years ago(or earlier)? Just because his public speaking is the "gift that keeps giving" doesnt mean he doesn't know what he's doing...........visit our city and check out how gorgeous it is because obviously you haven't been and if you have you had blindfolds on............i digress and GO 'cats tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by onion man View Post
                                unh won so i'm assuming wildcat nation felt the officiating was good last night.
                                lol!
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X