This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Big surprise - Danny Dries has the most points and most penalty minutes for Ohio State.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

From an interview with Ralph Cox in The Daily News of Newburyport:

"What are your fondest memories of UNH?"
      "Two things stick out: We had a powerfully, rambunctious audience every game. It was a massive fan base and energetic home games. Certainly, I played with phenomenal teammates. Winning the ECAC championship my senior year was another memory."
      "Are you still involved with the program?"
      "I'm a member of Friends of UNH Hockey, which is really a lovely group of people, many of which I stay in touch with regularly. I still have season tickets. I try to support the program as much as I can."

Comment

Dan Winnik on pace to best NHL season with 16 points in 39 games.....

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471476

Comment

Just bumping it up here, way to quite these days.

Comment

Paul Thompson's 4 goals and 2 assists in the two weekend games against UML and UMass earns him Hockey East Player of the Week. So far, he is having a Butleresque senior season. On the other hand, Al Pike of Foster's Daily Democrat makes a persuasive case that Matt DiGirolamo has been UNH's MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
              Paul Thompson's 4 goals and 2 assists in the two weekend games against UML and UMass earns him Hockey East Player of the Week. So far, he is having a Butleresque senior season. On the other hand, Al Pike of Foster's Daily Democrat makes a persuasive case that Matt DiGirolamo has been UNH's MVP.
              I don't really care who is UNH's MVP as long as we are seeing some production from everyone. Thompson definately gave us 4 points last weekend. I wasn't super impressed with UNH's play this past weekend. They came out strong for Lowell and then seemed to slow down a bit. Down at UMass we played a bit sloppy and there wasn't much intensity. Hopefully things start to pick back up in their play or the tougher teams are going to eat us up. Not trying to be super negative even though it sounds that way, just my observations of the weekend.
              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                Down at UMass we played a bit sloppy and there wasn't much intensity. Hopefully things start to pick back up in their play or the tougher teams are going to eat us up. Not trying to be super negative even though it sounds that way, just my observations of the weekend.
                Ya, at the Mullins Center they were particularly sloppy in the defensive end at times. This highlights the value of DiGi since he made some key saves to keep the game at 1-1. Dartmouth should be a legitimate test and a good barometer of how well UNH is playing.
                Last edited by C-H-C; 01-12-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Which team is "home" this weekend? Thanks.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Pretty sure UNH is, but I'm never really sure.
                    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      According to today's Valley News, Dartmouth will be the "home" team.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                        According to today's Valley News, Dartmouth will be the "home" team.
                        See I have no clue what I'm talking about. We are probably going to be in the ugly silvers anyway.
                        UNH

Comment

I thought Darius question was just being sarcastic
                          Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Little about the Saturday game as a game. Perhaps, like me the thought of having to watch it at the VC dominates your thinking. For me, seats at the goal line instead of on the blue line at the Whitt. Long commercials. Little cheering. Sorry, showing fans in team garb on the big screen is not my idea of a major college hockey atmosphere. And on and on.

So, in the interest of attitude adjustment, will note that, after a long holiday layoff, a stumble against StL, and warmups against UML and UMass, UNH starts the second half against a good opponent. Darmouth is tied for 19th in the pairwise but 23rd in the USCHO poll. Goalie James Mello is scary: .940 SV% and 1.85 GAA for the year and 35 saves of 37 shots against Yale. A good game (and UNH win) could make up for many of the negatives of the annual money raiser.

Comment

Originally posted by 5IslandsWildcat View Post
                              Long commercials.
                              What commercials?

Comment

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
                                I thought Darius question was just being sarcastic
                                It matters for line changes. Team benches are on the same side of the ice, correct?
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X