X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox on Nov. 21st
    When Brett Kostolansky scored his goal last night and the PA announced it was his first collegiate goal, I was surprised. With his ability to skate and handle the puck, I thought he had scored more. On the first power play unit, his role is mostly to feed the puck to Blake Kessel. I'd like to see Kostolansky attack the net and take more shots.
    With his goal tonight against UVM, Brett Kostolansky has now scored 4 goals in the last 5 games.

Good crowd tonight at the Whitt. Seemed to be a lot of little ones (under 5) running around with their parents. Good to start 'em young.
    Noticed a juggling of the defensive pairings. Campanale played with Kipp (a pretty good offensive pairing) and Hardowa paired with Beck (a couple of bangers).
    The Goumas-Silengo-Henrion line were really flying and clicking on their passes. Speelman has seamlessly fit back in with Moses and Borisenok. Sorkin's still working hard and showing some poise in the offensive zone. And what else can one say about the 1st line that hasn't already been said.
    Even got to see Tyler Scott in goal for the last 2:15 minutes of the game.
    On to the edge of civilization - otherwise known as Orono.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDan View Post
      This is more suited for the UNH recruits thread, but.... Is this anything but an idle rumor: Thompson little bro may be welcomed into the UNH fold? That said, what about "Baby Bro" Butler?
      Those are some pretty solid rumors there. Paul Thompson does not even have a brother. Al Butler is not considered a Division 1 hockey prospect.
      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Isn't Al Butler about 22 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by MagicCat View Post
          Isn't Al Butler about 22 years old?
          # 15 Al Butler
          Birthday: Apr 15, 1991
          Hometown: Marlboro, MA
          Position: D
          Height: 6' 3
          Weight: 216

REGULAR SEASON
          YEAR TEAM GP G A P PIM
          2010 Junior Bruins 21 2 2 4 32
          2009 Junior Bruins 31 1 6 7 25
          TOTALS 52 3 8 11 57
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Bobby Butler back with the Ottawa Senators, played a regular shift in last night's game and played on the power play (for a minute).
            Last edited by C-H-C; 12-06-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Saetia22;4934965.
              -First line isnt creating magic. Time to move people around? Go CATS!!!![/QUOTE]

I think they are doing all right now

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                With his goal tonight against UVM, Brett Kostolansky has now scored 4 goals in the last 5 games.

Good crowd tonight at the Whitt. Seemed to be a lot of little ones (under 5) running around with their parents. Good to start 'em young.
                Noticed a juggling of the defensive pairings. Campanale played with Kipp (a pretty good offensive pairing) and Hardowa paired with Beck (a couple of bangers).
                The Goumas-Silengo-Henrion line were really flying and clicking on their passes. Speelman has seamlessly fit back in with Moses and Borisenok. Sorkin's still working hard and showing some poise in the offensive zone. And what else can one say about the 1st line that hasn't already been said.
                Even got to see Tyler Scott in goal for the last 2:15 minutes of the game.
                On to the edge of civilization - otherwise known as Orono.
                -The first line over the last month has been something special. The power play has looked great with this group. It’s been a while since we has seen a power play clicking.
                - The Borisenok/Moses/Speelman line creates tons of grade “A” of opportunities …….if they could only finish that line would also be a force. Borisenok has devolved into a very nice 2 way player.
                - Our “D” continues to be solid. I think they are a big part of Digi strong start. Knowing that you help in front of you certainly help the confidence level.
                PSW
                watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Originally posted by PSW View Post
                  -The first line over the last month has been something special. The power play has looked great with this group. It’s been a while since we has seen a power play clicking.
                  Here's what UVM's Coach Sneddon had to say after Sunday's game (courtesy of fosters.com):
                  "On the power play, they're effective," Vermont coach Kevin Sneddon said about UNH. "Their system isn't anything fancy, no disrespect to coach Umile or his staff. It's not like they diagrammed something that hasn't been figured out before. It's just five good players (on the front line) who have good chemistry."
                  I think this was a compliment, although "isn't anything fancy" sounded a bit like faint praise. Anyway, the first PP unit's ability to quickly move the puck around consistently creates some of their favorite shots. One is Mike Sislo's one-timer from the top of the faceoff circle to the right of the goalie. Another is Blake Kessel's slap shot from the top of the slot between the two faceoff circles. DeSimone and Thompson free lance and make it up as they go along. Kostolansky primarily passes to Kessel (who is either on the opposite point or at the middle of the blueline) or down to one of the forward's in the corner. On the goal he scored against UVM, Kostolansky moved into the faceoff circle to the left of the goalie and got an accurate, grade A shot on goal.
                  All-in-all, UNH's power play may not be anything "fancy" but it has been effective.

Comment

This is the year. I have a strong feeling.

BC's postseason win streak over UNH ends. The empty trophy case jokes end. UNH gets it done in St. Paul with a strong performance from Paul Thompson. He is dubbed "Saint Paul" for the rest of UNH hockey eternity.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick Papagiorgio;4955917]This is the year. I have a strong feeling.

you've said that a couple of times IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

BC's postseason win streak over UNH ends. The empty trophy case jokes end. UNH gets it done in St. Paul with a strong performance from Paul Thompson. He is dubbed "Saint Paul" for the rest of UNH hockey eternity.
                        I dunno, I'm pretty sure Yale's already got it locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          I dunno, I'm pretty sure Yale's already got it locked up.
                          That's a good point. Cancel the rest of the season.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If you are correct - big IF - he would be "Saint Paul" for the rest of UNH hockey eternity.
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

This is the year.
                              I've been saying this since before the season began. Every fan (of every team) should think it (about their team, not UNH) until proven wrong.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Some insight into Brett Kostolansky's improved scoring (from fosters.com):

Kostolansky (4-6-10) is now fifth on the team in scoring and has scored a goal in four of the last five games, after not scoring a goal in the first 38 games of his career.
                                The offensive surge is by design. After his freshman season, Kostolansky was asked to work on his shot. Down to his family basement he went. "More shots, more pucks, probably focused on my technique more," Kostolansky said. Upon his return he could tell his shot was harder and more accurate.
                                Sounds like the Crosby in the basement, shooting at the dryer technique.
                                Last edited by C-H-C; 12-09-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X