X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
    Oh, stop picking on the BC fanboys! They have the greatest team in college hockey history!
    Until tonight, anyway?

Comment

"DiGirolamo Stands Tall.."
      "Contributions across four lines of forwards"
      Last edited by C-H-C; 11-06-2010, 07:32 AM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

A most excellant win for the Wildcats at BC....when I started this thread, I have to admit that a record of 3-1-2 was not in my mind at all....I just didn't want the 1-6 we started out last year with, so to say that the team has done well is numb...they have grown together on the road much faster then expected and hopefully will continue to have a good season, but as Umile says, with a one game at a time mindset, if we lose tonight at Lowell, then the BC win means squat within the conference.....and per usual, the River Hawks will play us as tough as ever so go nuts Wildcats! Make it a huge weekend 4 points.....

Comment

Can someone give insight why Greg Burke is playing on the 4th line?
          The frosh Sorkin looks to be a great prospect, but has done almost nothing to enhance Borisenok's line. Last season, Burke was playing on the PP, and probably led all freshmen forwards in playing time. This season, he watches from the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by unh_insider View Post
            The frosh Sorkin looks to be a great prospect, but has done almost nothing to enhance Borisenok's line. Last season, Burke was playing on the PP, and probably led all freshmen forwards in playing time. This season, he watches from the bench.
            I believe it is only until he is 100% from his latest injury.

Driving to Tsongas for tonights matchup. Any others?

Comment

Originally posted by unh_insider View Post
              Sorkin definitely does not have a single point.. however, playing with Bori & Moses, Sorkin brings a level of speed that Burke simply cannot match. His injury, unfortunate, afforded Umile the opp to put a faster skater with those two.. Last weekend, they exploded for 3goals-2assists against Cornell. Again, while Sorkin didn't get on the card, it's tough to say that he hasn't added or contributed- otherwise Umile would still have Goumas skating with them- which he did for about half a game. It's been Sorkin the rest of the time.. He'll get on the card soon.

Burke is a great asset, no doubt- like last night, having his experience on the 4th allows Umile to play them more than they have in the last few seasons.

Surprising question coming from an 'insider'?
              Last edited by i'zonprize; 11-06-2010, 01:00 PM.
              GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

It was a rhetorical question...
                In the Cornell game, Moses' first goal was shorthanded.
                His second ENG was off a blocked shot, unassisted.
                Boris' goal was a shot from a rebound during a line change, Sorkin was on the bench.
                I don't think Sorkin has a shot on goal yet.
                Burke is a highly skilled player. Even if his speed is not quite up to Boris and Moses, he can pass, shoot, forecheck and backcheck. Just getting the puck to the goal would be a huge improvement.
                No reason for him to be losing minutes to the Frosh.

Comment

Originally posted by unh_insider View Post
                  I don't think Sorkin has a shot on goal yet.
                  Correct
                  UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Isn't a deeper team that roles four lines better?

In recent years Umile hasn't trusted the 4th and sometimes the 3rd line.

Maybe Burke on the 4th with fewer minutes exposes him to a lesser chance of injury and strenghtens the team overall.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts is what we are looking for, right?
                    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

I can tell you that I saw Sorkin have at least 1 shot vs. Michigan, down low- went high glove side in the 3rd. Maybe it went over the net, but he was there, and tried to pick the corner. And if I recall, he didn't dilly dally with the puck either. He let it go quickly.

Sorkin's speed, IMO, is why he's on that line. shots or no shots. Until there is a need to get Burke back on that line, I think Umile give's Sorkin the chance, particularly against fast teams - Mich and BC fit that, Ulowell certainly has in the past as well.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of G.Burke- his presence, his puck handling, passing, decision making etc.. which is why he may add to Umile's confidence to play the 4th line more.
                      GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

I miss Bobby Butler. I also saw the schedule and never guessed they'd be where they are now. I don't mind team defense if that what's they're playing but just keep it up. Excellent start for Mr. Umile and the boys.
                        "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                        Larry David

Comment

Is Pavelski hurt? I noticed he was not playing this weekend?
                          Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
                            Is Pavelski hurt? I noticed he was not playing this weekend?
                            No. Silengo, McCarey and Sorkin were all played over Pavelski and Manz.
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                              No. Silengo, McCarey and Sorkin were all played over Pavelski and Manz.
                              You sound bothered by this fact.

I believe Dicky (and I) see potential in Silengo, and McCarey.. they win faceoffs (Silengo), play the body, and battle hard for the puck. Not much more you can ask for from a 4th line. McCarey could easily be on a better line. Neither Manz or Pavelski are bad... I like both of their efforts.

As for Saturday vs. Lowell.... I am not very impressed. 2-1? Our top players need to step it up.. now. DiGi is playing well; however.

Comment

I just hope Umile continues to rotate those players in as the season goes on. All of those guys bring something to the table and have potential. Some have higher ceilings than others, but at this point, I feel that a rotation is the best way to go. It's understandable that Umile wouldn't want to shake things up after winning at BC on Friday.
                                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X