• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click: 2010-2011 Edition

Foss/ Dueck

Burgdorfer/Russell

Comment

BTW, Burgie...shouldn't the thread title read, "Click to Pick," or, "Pick n' Click"? (or am I late to intended the play on words?)...oh, and thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        BTW, Burgie...shouldn't the thread title read, "Click to Pick," or, "Pick n' Click"? (or am I late to intended the play on words?)...oh, and thanks for reminding me!
        I wondered about that years ago when the Wisconsin fans did this. I think that it means you are picking which players will click (i.e., score goals and assists).
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I wondered about that years ago when the Wisconsin fans did this. I think that it means you are picking which players will click (i.e., score goals and assists).
          Either that or it's just one of those obscure USCHO memes, like #26 Union, or Freddy Meyer being a choice in every poll, and it just happened to stick.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Either that or it's just one of those obscure USCHO memes, like #26 Union, or Freddy Meyer being a choice in every poll, and it just happened to stick.
            Stick with pick to click then...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I think that it means you are picking which players will click (i.e., score goals and assists).
              That was my opinion.
              Originally posted by babo View Post
              oh, and thanks for reminding me!
              No problem. I want to see you break out of the basement.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Friday:
                RPI - Helfrich
                Yale - Kearney

Saturday:
                RPI - Brutlag
                Brown - Zaires
                Originally posted by moe24
                Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

RPI - Helfrich
                  Yale - O'Neill

RPI - Brutlag
                  Brown - Fratkin
                  APBWiki

Comment

FD and redhead, if you want to change your RPI pick for tonight, I'm not about to stop you.
                    Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I kept going back and forth on which day to pick Tyler, and which to pick Bryan. I guess I picked the days wrong
                      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        FD and redhead, if you want to change your RPI pick for tonight, I'm not about to stop you.
                        It MAY have helped, but I did still get points.

Comment

Congratulations go out to TuteScrooge, winning the week by picking up 6 points on Saturday (once he finally got in a valid Brown pick ).

For those that are curious, the correct picks were Bergin and Miller (3 points each) on Friday with Helfirch and Wolff on Saturday.

Congratulations also go out to Ralph (yet again; you know what, I'm just going to take out this paragraph next week), who holds onto his lead by holding off on his Helfrich pick until Saturday. He also stretched his lead to 8 points over 2nd place (hawthr) and a full 13 points over 3rd place (vizoroo).

babo finally broke into the scoring column, but there weren't many other big moves. RPIHFH dropped a couple spots by not submitting picks and TuteScrooge and FlagDUDE both climbed 2 places.

So, Results (and link to Google spreadsheet with cumulative results):
                          7 + 1 points
                          TuteScrooge

6 points
                          babo
                          FlagDUDE08
                          Ralph Baer

5 points
                          GoDanGo
                          RHamilton

3 points
                          cnor79
                          hawthr
                          redhead18

2 points
                          burgie12
                          fishcore12
                          REDRocket

1 point
                          GRussinko
                          rvd5star69
                          vizoroo

0 points
                          engineerhockeyfan
                          Go Red!!

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

RPI comes back to Troy after splitting on their trip to Yale and Brown. Last year, the Engineers beat the Terriers while shorthanded, and will need to do something similar this year.

BU just got swept by BC and will play against Northeastern on Wednesday before driving over to Troy. We're going to use BU's current stats, even though Gill is likely to be the top forward after Wednesday(Hmm, it looks like Chiasson is healed.), because I'm not going to make everyone pick in just two days.

You may not choose the following players for this weekend of games:
                            Rensselaer:
                            F - Chase Polacek
                            D - Nick Bailen

BU:
                            F - Alex Chiasson
                            D - David Warsofsky

Statistics / Rosters:
                            Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
                            Boston University: Statistics | Roster
                            Last edited by burgie12; 12-10-2010, 07:33 AM.
                            Go Red!!

Comment

Rensselaer - Tyler Helfrich
                              PUPPIES! OMG PUPPIES! - Adam Clendening
                              Last edited by burgie12; 12-05-2010, 02:09 PM.
                              Go Red!!

Comment

RPI - Bergin
                                BU - Coyle
                                RPI Class of 2012
                                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                                X