Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click: 2010-2011 Edition

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I'd say the first pairing was more along the lines of assonance.
    Picky, picky
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Friday:
      RPI - Tyler Helfrich
      Yale- Brain O'Neill
      Saturday:
      RPI - Bryan Brutlag
      Brown -Dennis Robertson
      Lets go RED!!
      And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        That's an Oops on Buvinow.
        Third time's a charm :-}
        It's a da*n good thing that people are triple-checking these for me. I blindly wrote down Buvinow as his pick. It would've counted, too.

Tute, looks like you're going to have to change your Brown pick again.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          It's a da*n good thing that people are triple-checking these for me. I blindly wrote down Buvinow as his pick. It would've counted, too.

)#($&)!#$)⁄‹$‚·€‹›Â·!!!!!
          Keeping the others the same, lets pick
          *pulls name out of hat*
          Dennis Robertson

And thanks to Viz and Burgie for taking care of their challenged peer.

Comment

rvd, ehf, and viz, you may want to change your picks:
            Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
            Ed Weaver notes that Marty O'Grady was injured in practice yesterday and will sit vs. Yale and Brown. Appert mentioned that Beauregard could see play along with Burgdoerfer, Tinordi, and Smith.

http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...wards-out.html
            For regular posters, we're missing picks from babo, myself , GRussinko, REDRocket, and RPIHFH.
            Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              RPI Helfrich
              Yale-Brendon Mason

RPI-O'Grady
              Brown-Bobby Farnham
              Replace O'Grady with Tinordi

This is going to make an already tough weekend that much more difficult.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                RPI O'Grady
                Eli O'Neill

RPI Brutlag
                Brownschilde

(Alliteration anyone?)
                Thanks for the heads up.

RPI Helfrich
                Eli O'Neill
                (No assonance here)

RPI Brutlag
                Brownschilde
                (still have allteration)
                GO DU !!!

Comment

I'm surprised on your spreadsheet you don't include a line for top forward and top defenseman, and then have some sort of macro where the cell is highlighted red if the player's pick is equal to one of the top picks.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I'm surprised on your spreadsheet you don't include a line for top forward and top defenseman, and then have some sort of macro where the cell is highlighted red if the player's pick is equal to one of the top picks.
                    That would be a good way to pre-check. What I should do if it does somehow slip through is change the name of the top scorer by putting an asterisk or something. Because the macro that adds up the scores at the end of the weekend relies on the fact that the name you post matches the name on the weekly sheet exactly.
                    Go Red!!

Comment

Alright. Spreadsheet is updated with conditional formatting.

And, retroactive scoring has TuteScrooge losing 2 points. He picked Ryan Annesley for Niagara, who tallied an assist. Annesley came into the game as the Purps' highest scorer for a D-man.

I don't mean to pick on you, but man, you really have a thing for picking players that are ineligible.

And, I now have the ability to see these things coming miles (or at least a couple feet) in advance. So, hopefully, future crises are averted.
                      Go Red!!

Comment

Alright. Spreadsheet is updated with conditional formatting.

And, retroactive scoring has TuteScrooge losing 2 points. He picked Ryan Annesley for Niagara, who tallied an assist. Annesley came into the game as the Purps' highest scorer for a D-man.

I don't mean to pick on you, but man, you really have a thing for picking players that are ineligible.

And, I now have the ability to see these things coming miles (or at least a couple feet) in advance. So, hopefully, future crises are averted.
                        There is no statute of limitations on illegible players who aren'r caught?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          There is no statute of limitations on illegible players who aren'r caught?
                          The statute of limitations is til the end of the season

Friday:
                          TUTE - Alex Angers-Goulet (my stretch pick of the week)
                          Ivy League Ivy Leaguers - Chad Ziegler

Saturday:
                          Rensselaer - Bryan Brutlag
                          Flush it down - Chris Zaires (since it's against my personal policy to pick sex offenders)
                          Go Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                            Ouch, I missed out on quite a bit of scoring!

RPI - Bergin
                            Yale - Miller

RPI - Cullen
                            Brown - Brownschidle
                            I'm swapping my Friday RPI pick to Rogic since it seems like he as the potential be on a decent line.

New picks:

RPI - Rogic
                            Yale - Miller

RPI - Cullen
                            Brown - Brownschidle
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

It's obviously a conspiracy to keep me down! Retroactive ineligibilty indeed!

Are we all in agreement that my current picks aren't invalid (yet)?

And thanks for running this Burgie, it ensures that I keep up with some things, just not this.

Comment

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
                                It's obviously a conspiracy to keep me down! Retroactive ineligibilty indeed!
                                It's not retroactive ineligibility. It's me not noticing that you picked someone that was ineligible at the time until now and retroactively fixing your score.
                                Are we all in agreement that my current picks aren't invalid (yet)?
                                More like anymore...
                                And thanks for running this Burgie, it ensures that I keep up with some things, just not this.
                                No problem. I think it's fun, and hope that everyone else thinks so, too.
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X