Come Back With Your Shield, Or On It: MSU Spartan Hockey 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come Back With Your Shield, Or On It: MSU Spartan Hockey 2010-11

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
    GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
    "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Thought UAH might see Yanakeff this weekend but Palmisano was in for both games.

UAH does not have the luxury of bringing a freshman goalie along slowly as all three are seeing their first action this year (2 freshmen and a red-shirt freshman).

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
        Thought UAH might see Yanakeff this weekend but Palmisano was in for both games.

UAH does not have the luxury of bringing a freshman goalie along slowly as all three are seeing their first action this year (2 freshmen and a red-shirt freshman).
        We had also hoped to see Yanakeff this weekend, but one never knows what Coach is thinking.
        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
          We had also hoped to see Yanakeff this weekend, but one never knows what Coach is thinking.
          There was no guarantee of a Yanakeff start - and after Friday's 4 1/2-minute meltdown, I'm thinking there was desparation, or a shot at redemption, or both. I'd feel as comfortable with McMahon in net as I would the freshman.

Comment

Wasn't Palmy's first start against WMU in their barn his freshman year? Not sure if it was his first, but he did start there as I remember Comley stating that it would be a baptism by fire. The difference was Lerg was on his last season, and Palmy is a junior now so maybe the team will ride Palmy all the way?

The biggest issue I think the coaches need to address is taking stupid penalties late in the game. Some players let emotion get the best of them late in the game. THAT was the failure last weekend. Thankfully Sparty has a solid PK group that they can count on normally.

Hope they're ready to take on a pretty solid WMU program.

Oh, and we have got to figure out how to win more faceoffs. AND I agree with the poster above, I think McMahon looked better in the G&W game than Yanafeff, but that is a tough call.
            Last edited by Nevergoodenough; 11-01-2010, 10:16 AM.
            "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Time to grow up, kids, and learn how to keep your cool. And for Gazely there should be no excuse. As a friend said to me, he was basically taking a swing at everybody in sight at the end on Saturday. Got rewarded with 4 minutes. UAH had us playing their game by the third period and we got frustrated. I really don't envy their next opponent.

But maybe the change of scenery (at long last) will help the players - sort of clear their minds a bit.
              Last edited by owslachief; 11-01-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                Blah.

We won and that is all that matters, really. I thought UAH looked very motivated last night and played very well as opposed to us just ****ing the game away. I think they have something to prove to any CCHA team they are up against.
                I'm sure Chris Luongo put a little asterisk on the calendar next to these games.
                Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Does anybody know which section is the visitor section at WMU? I am looking at buying tickets for Fridays game...and would like to sit with fellow spartans if possible. Thanks for any information

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                    Does anybody know which section is the visitor section at WMU? I am looking at buying tickets for Fridays game...and would like to sit with fellow spartans if possible. Thanks for any information
                    I'm pretty sure it's 22. Higher is better, it's difficult to see through their crappy, wavy glass. I usually get my tickets from the MSU ticket office so I know I'm sitting in friendly territory. That's pretty important at Western, they have a lot of thugs for fans. Saturday is a blackout, be sure to wear your white.

Go Green!
                    Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

State could get a rude awakening not from the thuggery but what's on the ice. WMU's got a deadly freshman duo that could sink us if we don't keep our cool and limit the penalties. This could be a bad weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MCB View Post
                        I'm pretty sure it's 22. Higher is better, it's difficult to see through their crappy, wavy glass. I usually get my tickets from the MSU ticket office so I know I'm sitting in friendly territory. That's pretty important at Western, they have a lot of thugs for fans. Saturday is a blackout, be sure to wear your white.

Go Green!
                        Do i have to call the ticket office? I cant seem to find it online, but thanks for the info so far

Comment

MSU ticket office no longer sells tickets for away games, and hasn't for a couple of years. They were losing money on it, so they stopped. In the future, if you want to sit with fellow MSU fans, join the Blue Line Club.

On a related note, it's Nov. 2 and we have heard nothing about renewing our seats for College Hockey at the Joe.
                          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                            Do i have to call the ticket office? I cant seem to find it online, but thanks for the info so far
                            MSU fans usually sit right behind our players or in the sections to the right of that. If you go to Western's athletic page, you can buy tickets online. The only problem is, the MSU tickets are in the "Pick 6 Plan." We ran into this problem last year when we couldn't get tickets through MSU's ticket office. You can always call WMU's ticket office and see if they will sell tickets for 2 nights since you are a State fan. The number is 1-888-4-WMU-TIX. They were very accommodating towards us last year, so good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                              *****http://i55.***********.com/albums/g144/kc8niy/untitled.jpg******
                              It took me awhile.

barf

Comment

Did anyone happen to catch the Coach's Radio show yesterday? His discussion of playing UAH again?

I don't think that the Spartans will under estimate WMU as their record is well known and I know Comley stated his respect for them and their style.
                                "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Working...
                                X