Come Back With Your Shield, Or On It: MSU Spartan Hockey 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Come Back With Your Shield, Or On It: MSU Spartan Hockey 2010-11

This, my friends, is the college hockey equivalent of the film "Groundhog Day."
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

When the wheels fall off the bus, do you throw the riders of the bus under it, or do you get the guy(s) responsible for putting the wheels on to step up? Just askin'. If this were the football or basketball program, and had fallen so far from grace, what would be happening?

My optimism is waining, but I can't blame the players alone. These are good hockey players but even a great crew can't steer a rudderless ship. I hope that THEY (coaches and players) can get back on the winning train again.
      Last edited by Nevergoodenough; 11-24-2010, 07:10 AM.
      "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
        When the wheels fall off the bus, do you throw the riders of the bus under it, or do you get the guy(s) responsible for putting the wheels on to step up? Just askin'. If this were the football or basketball program, and had fallen so far from grace, what would be happening?

My optimism is waining, but I can't blame the players alone. These are good hockey players but even a great crew can't steer a rudderless ship. I hope that THEY (coaches and players) can get back on the winning train again.
        If this were the football or basketball program, no expense would be too great to find a new ... rudder(?). However, for hockey it now seems the AD is throwing bigger and bigger bandaids to keep the interest alive (gimmicks, free student tickets, lowered season ticket prices ...) and at some point, the department may realize it's more cost effective to pay whatever contractual penalty is necessary to make the ultimate change.

Because the only other rational explanation is there is planning on the Q.T. to let it slowly fade away until hardly anyone notices the program has been scrapped. And heck, what a money saver that would be!

Comment

Well this is pretty frustrating.

The Good: I actually though we looked better in the third period as opposed to the rest of the game. Nice little change of pace, i guess.

That's about it. I guess Palmisano played pretty well, too.

Scoring troubles is why this team is failing. We can skate with any team and play solid defense against any team but we can't put the puck in the net enough. If we lose the faceoff to start a powerplay, it seriously feels like it is hopeless because all we can do is a poorly executed dump and chase to try to get back in there. We can dump with the best of them but the chasing is where we lose it. The exception to this is when Leveille scoots up ice with it. I have PP hope when i see him get going through the neutral zone with the puck.

We can be a pretty darn good team and we've seen that. That's what we've got to hold out hope for. We know that we can win on any given night so let's just hope we are at the tail end of the worst drought of the season.

I don't even want to think about Hollis trying execute a hockey coaching hire.

Comment

Your guarded enthusiasm has me going into the holidays on a somewhat more cheerful note, Pirate. I too have seen some good, well pieces. It takes more than talent, of course. And it requires keeping more consistent lines. And winning faceoffs (lacking last night).

Have a good turkey day everyone. And just remember, this isn't terminally helpless. We're not watching the Lions here.

Comment

Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

#19/20 Ferris State Bulldogs at Michigan State Spartans - November 23rd, 2010 Highlights - Televised by Comcast:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfcuADSVl0Y?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfcuADSVl0Y?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

FSU Hockey Head Coach Bob Daniels Post Game:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tbs_ROzrGQQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tbs_ROzrGQQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

More at www.FerrisStateBulldogs.com after every FSU Hockey Game

Comment

What ... torture?

Comment

When do we get positive results instead of meaningless statistics and my all time fave "it's a work in progress" It appears as if the team went straight downhill after the GLI last year. This years team seems to be accelerating this trend.

War Eagle!
                    Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

That win just feels huge, and makes everything seem better.

I thought we played pretty well. We made some mistakes but we did a pretty good job at making minny pay for theirs. Minnesota has some speed and looked dangerous in transition but we played solid defense and blocked shots. Pretty good road win, if you ask me. 5 goals is good to see as well.

Let's hope this gives the boys some wheels.

Comment

www.FerrisStateBulldogs.com Weekly Series Video Preview. #18/20 Ferris State vs. Michigan State 12/3-12/4/2010:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/crA2eSkIyOU?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/crA2eSkIyOU?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Rumor has it we have a series this weekend.

It's time the Spartans need to get some sweeps to have any shot at a good league finish. This weekend 5 or 6 points is unlikely - but necessary.

Comment

It seems as if we lack a team. All I hear from the top is how great a few players are doing. This is a "team" game and we should be playing as a team. We lost the luxury of having stars by posting an abysmal record. When do pitchers and catchers report!!!!!
                            Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              Rumor has it we have a series this weekend.

It's time the Spartans need to get some sweeps to have any shot at a good league finish. This weekend 5 or 6 points is unlikely - but necessary.
                              I agree that we need to win this series decisively but i also am not sure. I was actually quite impressed with the Bulldogs last tuesday. I thought they were the toughest team we have faced at home so far this year. Perhaps it was just one of those games, but we will need to play better to get the much needed points.

Comment

where is the club kid from the green-white game????????????????
                                Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Working...
                                X