Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
    I heard something about how St. Cloud doesn't want Benik unless he gets better? I haven't really been following this much, but has anyone heard anything about this?
    This is a very odd statement. That IS the reason he is at Penticton. He was absolutely not ready out of HS. Go to Penticton, score a ton of points and hopefully improve his defensive game. Currently he has 9 points in 11 games. In due time he'll be a Husky. Will he spend 2 years at Penticton? 1 year there and 1 in the USHL. Who knows. It's too early to say.
    "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy View Post
      Yup, he sucks! (and Skeeterman swallows!)
      You animal!!
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Recruit Update

Forwards
        Milan: 12 points (4G 8A) 4PIM in 11 games for Penticton (BCHL)
        Benik: 9 points (5G 4A) 2PIM in 11 games for Penticton (BCHL)
        Holka: 3 points (2G 1A) 2PIM in 3 games for Penticton (BCHL)
        Oliver: 1 point (1G 0A) 0PIM +2 in 1 game for Fargo (USHL)

Defense
        Daly: 8 points (2G 6A) 14PIM in 7 games for Langley (BCHL) (leading D-scorer on team)
        Prochno: 0 points 2PIM E in 1 game for Waterloo (USHL)
        Rabey: 0 points 0PIM +1 in 1 game for Indiana (USHL)
        Prow: 1 point (0G, 1A) 0PIM E in 1 game for Des Moines (USHL)

HS
        Hendrickson: 13 points (5G 8A) in 12 games for Team North (Elite League) (leads team in scoring)
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Who else is going to Omaha, besides FTLT and the Rabid Dawg?
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

I feel like there is a growing rivalry between SCSU and UND. Just look at everything that happened last year between these two teams. If you look at SCSU's Roster, we have a much bigger team overall, which i think, in part, is to match the size of UND. I expect some very physical games between these teams, and there WILL be some fights. I like how our freshman looked in the exhibition game too. Bring it Sioux!

Comment

Originally posted by SledDogMillionaire View Post
              I feel like there is a growing rivalry between SCSU and UND. Just look at everything that happened last year between these two teams. If you look at SCSU's Roster, we have a much bigger team overall, which i think, in part, is to match the size of UND. I expect some very physical games between these teams, and there WILL be some fights. I like how our freshman looked in the exhibition game too. Bring it Sioux!
              Oh, we brought it.... don't you remember March 20th?
              *****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dmWMM2LX8-w/TI0TXEKtroI/AAAAAAAAAEA/rqsU7s6hyyo/S1600-R/UND2010FinalFivechamps.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                Oh, we brought it.... don't you remember March 20th?
                *****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dmWMM2LX8-w/TI0TXEKtroI/AAAAAAAAAEA/rqsU7s6hyyo/S1600-R/UND2010FinalFivechamps.jpg******
                Yea i was there, but it's a new season. None of that matters now.

Comment

Yea i was there, but it's a new season. None of that matters now.
                  willythekid has some kind of bizarre obsession with SCSU. Just ignore him.

It's OK, willy, you can admit it, you're obsessed.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I don't think the rivalry between SCSU and UND is anything new. I think it's been a very good rivalry that dates back many years, and is probably shortchanged a bit by fans from both schools.

I think UND was one of the first WCHA schools to start playing SCSU regularily in the late '80's.

Your only championship, the 2001 Broadmoor, came at the expense of UND. I think SCSU has played in 4 WCHA championship games, 3 against UND. To date, I believe the Sioux are the only team to have won a first round playoff series at the NHC.

In a couple of years, when MN and Wisconsin bolt, this rivalry will start to get it's due.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      willythekid has some kind of bizarre obsession with SCSU. Just ignore him.

It's OK, willy, you can admit it, you're obsessed.
                      I have a rather strong dislike for st cloud and some of her more obnoxious posters, but make no mistake, you guys are still nothing more than a small distraction compared to the Minnesotas, Wiscos, and Denvers of the world.... kind of like picking on the fat kid at school (or cheerleaders in st cloud's case)

Comment

I have a rather strong dislike for st cloud and some of her more obnoxious posters, but make no mistake, you guys are still nothing more than a small distraction compared to the Minnesotas, Wiscos, and Denvers of the world.... kind of like picking on the fat kid at school (or cheerleaders in st cloud's case)
                        I think you have a boner for Red Cloud.
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          Astute observation, as usual, from the Pope.

Willy, like most people with an obsession, is in denial. He can quit whenever he wants, he tells himself. More than likely, he suffers from significant self-esteem issues.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                            Boy you guys use that word a lot...talk about
                            *****http://www.skinstep.com/product_images/obsession-eau-toilette-spray-01758484005.jpg******
                            http://board.uscho.com/search.php?searchid=757646
                            Last edited by willythekid; 10-04-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

... but make no mistake, you guys are still nothing more than a small distraction compared to the Minnesotas, Wiscos, and Denvers of the world.... (or cheerleaders in st cloud's case)
                              Feel free to convince your team to be distracted on 12/3, 12/4, 2/18 and 2/19. Certainly those 2 points per game mean less than 2 points from Minnesota, Wisconsin and Denver....
                              "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

I have a strong dislike for run-on sentences.
                                Basil McRae: "This is Gordon Bombay. This guy used to RULE in pee-wees."
                                Mike Modano: "Oh yeah, I heard you were a farmer."

I am cipher, cipher....wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce...

Comment

Working...
                                X