Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Originally posted by Big Hitter View Post
    I have been following College Hockey for several years, but find what is happening as SCSU alarming. Why are these kids leaving? 3 kids over break? I can understand lack of PT for the kids returning to Omaha, but did Hepp get kick out and they are using the pro deal as a cover? What did Mosey do? Do you think the recent events will cause incoming freshman to re-think their committment?

I appreciate the input...
    If a recruit looks into it they shouldn't be alarmed. Mosey has been in trouble for the last four years and ouside of last year he has been in Motzko's dog house the whole time. The guy has been in trouble with the law(this fall) and been suspended for drug use(couple years ago) and those are things we know about. Hepp has had some trouble as well, but his stuff never leaked out. We don't know if he was kicked off the team or if he was going to get a long suspension and quit the team. Johnson was a guy who never played and still had junior eligibility left so went to get ice time.

Sometimes a team needs to get rid of the rift raft so it can fuction the right way. Motzko has run a good program with little problems since got to SCSU, so there is no reason to think this won't turn around. I see it as a bump in the road and things are hopefully going to be much better in second half of the season.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      If a recruit looks into it they shouldn't be alarmed. Mosey has been in trouble for the last four years and ouside of last year he has been in Motzko's dog house the whole time. The guy has been in trouble with the law(this fall) and been suspended for drug use(couple years ago) and those are things we know about. Hepp has had some trouble as well, but his stuff never leaked out. We don't know if he was kicked off the team or if he was going to get a long suspension and quit the team. Johnson was a guy who never played and still had junior eligibility left so went to get ice time.

Sometimes a team needs to get rid of the rift raft so it can fuction the right way. Motzko has run a good program with little problems since got to SCSU, so there is no reason to think this won't turn around. I see it as a bump in the road and things are hopefully going to be much better in second half of the season.
      What he said.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Sometimes a little house cleaning is good for a program. Hopefully the remaining players take full advantage of their opportinities to play for SCSU.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I found this amusing about one of our recuites.

Way to go Prochno!
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
            Sometimes a little house cleaning is good for a program. Hopefully the remaining players take full advantage of their opportinities to play for SCSU.
            Well if these two had been playing for the sue the equivilant puishment would have been not being able to play for...let's say half a period!
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
              Well if these two had been playing for the sue the equivilant puishment would have been not being able to play for...let's say half a period!
              Really, boys will be boys and a half of a period is more than enough punishment. At least they weren't counterfeiting.
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                Don't be silly, SCSU are the new Bad Boyz of the WCHA. At least UND kept playing quality hockey when they had the title. SCSU has proven they aren't talented enough to do both.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Don't be silly, SCSU are the new Bad Boyz of the WCHA. At least UND kept playing quality hockey when they had the title. SCSU has proven they aren't talented enough to do both.
                  So, being the new Bad Boyz doesn't necessarily mean that they'll play better, or more physical?
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Why am I surprised that my statement would touch a very sensitive nerve with our soo friends!
                    There is Hope . . .

Comment

According to a note in Hatten's blog, Bryce Johnson will be back next season.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        According to a note in Hatten's blog, Bryce Johnson will be back next season.
                        I knew that.
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          Does anybody care if he comes back? I mean from what I saw a kid like that is a dime a dozen.
                          It's really unfortunate that a kid like Bryce is treated like this well everyone is so happy a kid like David finally returns. From the limited knowledge we have of what goes on in that locker room we know that Bryce is leaving to improve his skill in hopes of helping the team in the fall and David can't sing his ABC's long enough to pass a class yet we want David on the team instead of Bryce because he might have more offensive gifts. (I say might because Bryce hasn't really gotten a chance.)

Comment

• Originally posted by WCHAhockey View Post
                            It's really unfortunate that a kid like Bryce is treated like this well everyone is so happy a kid like David finally returns. From the limited knowledge we have of what goes on in that locker room we know that Bryce is leaving to improve his skill in hopes of helping the team in the fall and David can't sing his ABC's long enough to pass a class yet we want David on the team instead of Bryce because he might have more offensive gifts. (I say might because Bryce hasn't really gotten a chance.)
                            Hey, nobody is treating Bryce badly. No one on this board is an expert on anything---except Fitst Time Long Time and her hubby Rabid. We don't even know if the first time was a long time.
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

If Dunn's in goal tonight, the Huskies sweep!!
                              There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                                Hey, nobody is treating Bryce badly. No one on this board is an expert on anything---except Fitst Time Long Time and her hubby Rabid. We don't even know if the first time was a long time.
                                Sorry Skeets, but IMHO WCHAhockey is right and he makes a good point. Plus, Bryce deserves respect for recognizing (on his own or through the urging by others) that he may need more time in the USHL to help us next year. Bryce went ahead and did something about it rather than sulk on the bench. Its called strong character. Something that was in insufficient quantity with a few of our guys lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X