SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Good to hear Danny D was aggressive last night. Dunn needs to push Lee to get the best from him, too.

In light of all the starting freshman, I'm sure the opposing teams are getting some strong scoring chances. But these goalies have to be huge early in the season until our D corp tightens up and they all understand Motzko's game plan.

No better time for our goalies to step it up than now considering who are opponent is this upcoming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUtillIdie View Post
      The biggest difference from fri to sat wasn't the goalies, the D men showed up last night like i have never seen in the NHC, Very aggressive and very very physical.

yes Dunn was solid but the D saved his life on more than one occasion (the diving glove in the 3rd comes to mind).

Now if we can only figure out some working lines we will be getting somewhere.

the freshman are playing very well, most impressed by Jensen,followed closely by Mac, least by Dowd but its still early and judging their play on the 3 games i have seen is more or less pointless but its Sunday and i fell like posting so....yha
      Who said the biggest difference from friday to saturday was the goalie? The whole team played better saturday including the goalie. For the record Dunn played great and the defense didn't have to save him much. That is as good as he has looked since the first half of last year.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

So, do we think the boys finally realize that they have to play with energy and desperation every night? Everyone played better Saturday night. Dunn made some great saves, and gave one of his best performances. That kept us in the game. The D helped immensely, but Dunn ws there to make the stops he needed to.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          So, do we think the boys finally realize that they have to play with energy and desperation every night? Everyone played better Saturday night. Dunn made some great saves, and gave one of his best performances. That kept us in the game. The D helped immensely, but Dunn ws there to make the stops he needed to.
          I hope they have. I loved Motzko's quote that he hates having to talk about effort with the media, that it should be there every game.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Everyone looked like 10 piles of dog crap on Friday. Honestly...anyone who thinks Mike was to blame for that loss knows nothing about hockey.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Friday was a team effort. The team sucked, except for the first period.
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                Friday was a team effort. The team sucked, except for the first period.
                It would have to be a team effort to look that terrible.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I was only able to catch part of the 1st game this weekend but the radio guys were saying Roe was moved out to the wing this weekend. I saw the game scores but how did that work out? Was it an effective move with the line he was in?

Also, I skated at Mariucci this weekend with the MN Special Hockey progam I volunteer for. First time I had ever been there. Great time and great experience for the players. Great venue. I have heard on here that on gameday there is a hum but it doesn't get too loud in there otherwise. I have been noticing that seats haven't been too full lately either, is that because its early in the season, who they are playing or because of their underwelming performances? If that was the case for this weekend as well and tickets were available I was thinking about catching one or both of the games. Maybe this paragraph is better suited for the Gopher threads...got some great photos of the facility though, not that anyone wants to see them, but just in case...

Mariucci Arena
                  I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
                  I ♥ Lamp!!
                  Got Nodl?
                  Bow down to Bobby!
                  Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

Roe experiment did not work too well. Crowds at Mary Oochie have been sucking the past few years.
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
                      I was only able to catch part of the 1st game this weekend but the radio guys were saying Roe was moved out to the wing this weekend. I saw the game scores but how did that work out? Was it an effective move with the line he was in?

Also, I skated at Mariucci this weekend with the MN Special Hockey progam I volunteer for. First time I had ever been there. Great time and great experience for the players. Great venue. I have heard on here that on gameday there is a hum but it doesn't get too loud in there otherwise. I have been noticing that seats haven't been too full lately either, is that because its early in the season, who they are playing or because of their underwelming performances? If that was the case for this weekend as well and tickets were available I was thinking about catching one or both of the games. Maybe this paragraph is better suited for the Gopher threads...got some great photos of the facility though, not that anyone wants to see them, but just in case...

Mariucci Arena
                      Roe played Center saturday night and I hope it stays that way.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I know it's only been 2 weekends, but does anyone notice the similarities between this year and last year already? Play tough and focused one night, and then not show up to the rink the next and play no d for the goalies?
                        This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                        www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

The Roe experiment is done, never to reappear. There is the hint of that disturbing pattern of not showing up one night per weekend. We'll see what happens when they visit the gopher hole known as Mary Oochie.
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Thread needs a bump. Lasch update, he is currently 5th in points scored for Södertälje SK with 6 pts (2g 4a) in 12 games. A lot of statistical info for Swedish hockey can be found here.
                            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

A sweep by the Huskies this weekend could send the goofers into a huge tailspin, and propel us on to better things.
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X