SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2010-2011 Season Thread- Frozen Four or Bust

1st period looked good. 2nd period, Miami took control. Lee continues to disappoint. Expecting better things tonight. Where's a good score update for the mobile phone?
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      1st period looked good. 2nd period, Miami took control. Lee continues to disappoint. Expecting better things tonight. Where's a good score update for the mobile phone?
      So with Dunn it's the defense with Lee it's his problem?
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        So with Dunn it's the defense with Lee it's his problem?
        I didnt say it was Lee's problem. I said he continues to disappoint. Whatever--he gave up six goals. He made no spectacular saves. He has yet to "steal" a game. Compared to all the hype, he's been a major disappointment.
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

When was the last time Lee or Dunn stole a game for us?
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            When was the last time Lee or Dunn stole a game for us?
            Exactly
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              I didnt say it was Lee's problem. I said he continues to disappoint. Whatever--he gave up six goals. He made no spectacular saves. He has yet to "steal" a game. Compared to all the hype, he's been a major disappointment.
              The "hype" is not his fault and I'm not judging him on that.
              For me the goalies are the same until one steps up, hype or no hype.
              I'd say Lee stole last year's F5 semi against Wisconsin with 37 saves in a shutout, something Dunn has never done.
              The whole team needs to pick it up, goalies included.
              I just don't think it's fair to say the D messed up for one but not the other when the same problems happened to both goalies, regardless of their hype.
              He's still a "young" college goalie too.
              Don't we typically say it take till about the 2nd half of their Sophomore year to "get it" well he's not there yet.
              Hell, Jack Campbell was supposed to be this god after he subbed for Lee in the gold medal game and right now he's struggling big time in the OHL, it happens.
              It's the effort that is most concerning to me, there is no excuse for not getting up and putting out a high effort in a game like last night's.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

any chance the game would be on some channel on comcast in st paul..?
                Originally posted by Mankato student
                Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                -- Peter Klein

Comment

A few thoughts on tonights game.

Miami is very good! they can skate, score, play the physical game and play defense. However, The clutching and grabbing they got away with was a joke. To their credit why not do it if you can get away with it.....

Sheppard once again showed how much of a tool he truly is and what a joke WCHA officals are.......

Hanowski was brutal all weekend. I am sorry but a guy with his size should be able to battle in the corner and come out with the puck once in a while. He shyed away from from any physical play and didn't hustle worth a **** all weekend.

Jensen was great again tonight! this kid can play and is our best defenseman as a freshman.

The Great Dane was very good tonight. If he plays like that all year look out!

Barta is not very good. The fact this guy needs to play because Zabs and Rioux can't live up to their potential is sad. Every time he touches the puck something bad is waiting to happoen.

Novak was great tonight. His energy was unbelievable. If he could find a scoring toch this kid would be lights out...

Marvin is playing hurt and you can tell. He wasn't physical all weekend and he wasn't even skating the way we all know he can. We need him to get healthy....

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

As waterlover and I talked about over drinks and loud music in Anoka last night, the Huskies may have just gotten done playing the best team they will face all year (with the exception of UND). They held their own last night despite multiple instances of disinterested play from Roe. Miami is one heck of a team. I love our young kids, they showed a lot of promise. I think we will be just fine this year.
                    President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Just wondering what the stats are on our abysmal powerplay, do we have any goals yet? The backdoor is great, except every single team in the nation knows that is how we set it up, and it doesn't work anymore. Any stats would be nice, I know if you cant score on a 5 minute major you really can't score at all...things need to shape up quickly or there is no way we can compete with the big dogs come tournament time.
                      Living a Lifetime of bleeding RED & BLACK

SIOUX is a GIRLS name....

Comment

Dunn was very good last night. He was really in the game and was agressive just like he was the beginning of last year. If he plays like that the rest of the year look out Mike Lee......

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Dunn was very good last night. He was really in the game and was agressive just like he was the beginning of last year. If he plays like that the rest of the year look out Mike Lee......
                          And just a week ago it was Lee played fantastic Friday and Dunn sucked so if Dunn doesn't step it up he won't see a lot of playing time.
                          It's got to happen for more than just one week to change anything.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

no s#it Sherlock! My point is he played great and needs to keep playing that way... If you haven't noticed I have been a big Lee backer over the last year and said Motzko was right to play him in the Wisconsin game. Except you wouldn't know that because you are to busy being on your high horse shooting down anything anybody says about Dunn.....

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

no s#it Sherlock! My point is he played great and needs to keep playing that way... If you haven't noticed I have been a big Lee backer over the last year and said Motzko was right to play him in the Wisconsin game. Except you wouldn't know that because you are to busy being on your high horse shooting down anything anybody says about Dunn.....
                              K, way to take that completely the wrong way.
                              Not where I was going with that at all.
                              I've been in favor of a rotation unless someone takes the job, which means playing well for more than just one start.
                              My only problem is the bias against Lee, that he has to automatically be better because of his hype.
                              Both these guys are good and both can lead us to wins, it's a matter of who can and will be more consistent.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

The biggest difference from fri to sat wasn't the goalies, the D men showed up last night like i have never seen in the NHC, Very aggressive and very very physical.

yes Dunn was solid but the D saved his life on more than one occasion (the diving glove in the 3rd comes to mind).

Now if we can only figure out some working lines we will be getting somewhere.

the freshman are playing very well, most impressed by Jensen,followed closely by Mac, least by Dowd but its still early and judging their play on the 3 games i have seen is more or less pointless but its Sunday and i fell like posting so....yha
                                "of course its hard, its hockey, if it was easy they would call it basketball"
                                SCSU

Comment

Working...
                                X