Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

The preseason hockey poll reminds us all that the start of yet another college hockey season is almost upon us. While Boston College is predictably ranked #1 to the start of what promises to be an epic season, not all teams will be as fortunate. The rise and fall of the other 57 teams (and penn state) in their race for second place will be at the mercy of many variables including which unheralded freshman step up to the plate and which returning players will fail to live up to expectations. Much like in life, where we are uncomfortably reminded of the great distance between the haves (Boston College) and have-nots (UNH) of this world, so to it is in college hockey, where some teams, known as the wills (like Boston College), will continually experience great success while others, will play the part of the will nots (like, um, again UNH), and will drink from the cup of fail once again.

A final reminder, we do this list not in jest; though much jesting will ensue. But as a service to our less fortunate friends whose expectations might need a little tempering. The more we honor your disappointments in advance, the more likely we all are to reach more realistic expectations (and by we all, I actually just mean you). All that said, over the course of a few days, Pinhead Nation proudly presents the 2010-2011 team of will nots

F - Corey Trivino, BU

*****http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7025/milkcartontrivino.jpg******

The scoop: “It appears you’ve been living two lives, Mr Trivino. In one life, you are the 2008 top prospect for the Ontario Hockey association, totaling 156 points over two seasons in the OPJHL. You are the co-rookie of the year and you even help your landlady carry out her garbage. The other life is lived on Comm. Ave. where you go by the youtube alias ‘puckstar’ and have broken every team rule we have a law for. One of these lives has a future and one of them does not.” Trivino, known to BU pedo-bloggers as ‘the one’ will begin the 2011 season the same way he ended the 2010 season – not dressed. Which is, coincidentally, also how he appears in many a fanboy’s dreams… but we digress. Anyway, after 10 goals through two years, we wonder if anyone will even notice his absence. After an injury derailed his jaw-dropping 4 goal sophomore season, Trivino found himself in hot water after a series of off-ice escapades resulted in his own indefinite suspension as well as the teams’ shocking dismissal of co-conspirator Vinny ‘Sayonara’ Saponari. Right on schedule, the former decorated junior A star has turned into a colossal bust of NCAA proportions. On the bright side, during his time out, Trivino will now have plenty of time to refine his gangster rapping skills. (Missing since 8/4/2006)

to be continued...
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Re: Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Well done!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

*****http://www.chrisabraham.com/collarUp.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          to be continued...
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            Trivino, known to BU pedo-bloggers as ‘the one’ will begin the 2011 season the same way he ended the 2010 season – not dressed. Which is, coincidentally, also how he appears in many a fanboy’s dreams…

I think you just gave Rogie a heart attack!

I really miss Eric Gryba. The dude was a staple of the last few ones that were done before Pinhead Nation's long hiatus.
            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

"Trivino, known to BU pedo-bloggers as ‘the one’ will begin the 2011 season the same way he ended the 2010 season – not dressed. Which is, coincidentally, also how he appears in many a fanboy’s dreams"

This is tremendous.

Comment

moving right along...

F - John Henrion, UNH

*****http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/1471/milkcartonhenrion.jpg******

The scoop: The most recent bust from the US national development team, Henrion’s stock has been in a free fall since they day Ryan Bourque de-committed from the once vaunted recruiting class the two shared. The comparisons stop there. Henrion managed just 19 goals in 58 games during his time with the US team, but that was apparently enough for Dick Umile to give the former junior Bruin a whistle over to titletown. Henrion, a native of Holden, Mass, responded with just 3 goals in 30 games for the mild cats last season. Hillbilly faithful will point out that Henrion’s goals each came in games against rivals BC, BU, and Maine – including one in the third period of a March 5th game against BC sparking a 3 goal outburst that clinched the national… er… regular season title for Umile’s club. But we will note that Henrion then finished the season with no points, only one shot on goal, and a minus 2 over the teams five game playoff run. Currently undrafted, Henrion will now look to parlay a series of postseason failures into an NHL free agent contract like former New Hampshire teammate, and fellow junior Bruin alum, Bobby Butler. Fun Fact: this same storyline was rejected by TV executives as the pilot episode of a show called 'its never sunny in hillbillyadelphia' (Missing since 12/10/2007)

2010-2011 AMC Team
                F - Trivino, BU
                F - Henrion, UNH
                F -
                D -
                D -
                G -
                Last edited by SteveF; 09-28-2010, 05:02 PM.
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Just great reading.

Comment

Henrion never had much to begin with. I'd say Paul Thompson is deserving of a spot since he just rode Butler's coat tails all the way to an early end to the season.
                    1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

I don't care who ya' are... that chit right there is funny.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

There should have been an All Milk Carton team for Hockey East's 25 year anniversary...

Comment

good work, that is classic

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                            Henrion never had much to begin with. I'd say Paul Thompson is deserving of a spot since he just rode Butler's coat tails all the way to an early end to the season.
                            Thompson created lots of his own opportunities and capitalized on many.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                              Thompson created lots of his own opportunities and capitalized on many.
                              From where I sat (next to the blueline) in Albany, I thought Paul Thompson deserved the 1st or 2nd star the night UNH beat Cornell in the NCAA quarterfinals.
                              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X