PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

acs64
10-18-2010, 07:26 PM
So for Maine, he picked a low-profile defenseman who only suited up for 2/3 of the regular season? What was he expected to do already?

Despite that, most fans thought he was discovering his groove and showing glimpses of good things to come during that last month. So far, Mike Cornell has a goal and two assists to compliment his conference leading +6 through the first 2 weeks of the season.

SSSsssssshhhhh, sometimes itz good to be ona milk carton. Besides, Darling wuz screwed.

J.D.
10-19-2010, 12:20 AM
So for Maine, he picked a low-profile defenseman who only suited up for 2/3 of the regular season? What was he expected to do already?

Despite that, most fans thought he was discovering his groove and showing glimpses of good things to come during that last month. So far, Mike Cornell has a goal and two assists to compliment his conference leading +6 through the first 2 weeks of the season.

Look, I don't really care one way or the other, but was Mike Cornell a big recruit?

Howitz-ah
10-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Look, I don't really care one way or the other, but was Mike Cornell a big recruit?

I wouldn't say so. Comparatively late addition if I remember correctly.

He was an all-star team participant playing in Eastern Junior, but as Hokydad will point out, accolaydes in that league may be taken with a grain of salt, and almost everyone invited to play for any sort of NCAA contender can say something like that. He wasn't even the top defenseman on his team with the Jr Monarchs. When Inside College Hockey did their recruiting ranking piece last year, they included 7 Hockey East defenseman in their top-20, and Cornell wasn't on that list.

He earned his playing time by the 2nd half through heads up decisions and big hits.

His +/- may not have been pretty, but he also spent a good amount of time playing on the 3rd pairing, again in the 2nd half of the season.....mind you, during that time there was a stretch that Maine lost 7 of 9.

Hard to blame a 3rd line freshman for the team's slump; a drunken goalie; or Dave Wilson pre-playoffs. ;)

I just don't understand why he opted to pick on him over someone like Hegarty who is a junior from U-18 and has been pretty "eh..." through 2 years. Was it just because his last name made for better writing material?

acs64
10-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't say so. Comparatively late addition if I remember correctly.

He was an all-star team participant playing in Eastern Junior, but as Hokydad will point out, accolaydes in that league may be taken with a grain of salt, and almost everyone invited to play for any sort of NCAA contender can say something like that. He wasn't even the top defenseman on his team with the Jr Monarchs. When Inside College Hockey did their recruiting ranking piece last year, they included 7 Hockey East defenseman in their top-20, and Cornell wasn't on that list.

He earned his playing time by the 2nd half through heads up decisions and big hits.

His +/- may not have been pretty, but he also spent a good amount of time playing on the 3rd pairing, again in the 2nd half of the season.....mind you, during that time there was a stretch that Maine lost 7 of 9.

Hard to blame a 3rd line freshman for the team's slump; a drunken goalie; or Dave Wilson pre-playoffs. ;)

I just don't understand why he opted to pick on him over someone like Hegarty who is a junior from U-18 and has been pretty "eh..." through 2 years. Was it just because his last name made for better writing material?

Yeah, I agree on Hegarty. After seeing his toughness when he was on the U-18 team I expected more from him. Chit he went toe to toe with Bellamy in that game. I gotta say I've been a little bit disappointed in Hegarty. Time for him to step up. Darling was jobbed.

sandiegoblkbr
10-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Is it too late to add Kreider from BC?

Mosrite
10-31-2010, 06:06 PM

The BC fanboys will be quick to remind you that Kreider (and Patrick Wey :p) have 2010 National Championship rings, and are therefore 'disqualified' for HE Milk Carton consideratiion. ;) ;)

C-H-C
11-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Does TOPPS sell "Sophomore Star Hockey Cards" (complete with slabs of pink bubble gum)? If so, forward John Henrion (http://unh.prestosports.com/sports/mice/2010-11/players/johnhenrionducf) and defenseman Connor Hardowa (http://unh.prestosports.com/sports/mice/2010-11/players/connorhardowa818u) would be in the first pack.

John Henrion - 7 GP; 4G, 3A, 7Pts; +6 Rating; 25 SOG.
Goals scored against Miami, Cornell, BC and UMass Lowell (game winner).

Connor Hardowa - 7 GP; 1G, 4A, 5Pts; +5 Rating; 9 SOG.

FiveHole12
11-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Does TOPPS sell "Sophomore Star Hockey Cards" (complete with slabs of pink bubble gum)? If so, forward John Henrion (http://unh.prestosports.com/sports/mice/2010-11/players/johnhenrionducf) and defenseman Connor Hardowa (http://unh.prestosports.com/sports/mice/2010-11/players/connorhardowa818u) would be in the first pack.

John Henrion - 7 GP; 4G, 3A, 7Pts; +6 Rating; 25 SOG.
Goals scored against Miami, Cornell, BC and UMass Lowell (game winner).

Connor Hardowa - 7 GP; 1G, 4A, 5Pts; +5 Rating; 9 SOG.
I suppose that might matter if this were a bubble gum thread.
But it's not... it's a milk carton thread.

Please visit USCollegeBaseballOnline to submit your bubble gum nominees. ;) :p

Saetia22
11-07-2010, 12:25 AM
I suppose that might matter if this were a bubble gum thread.
But it's not... it's a milk carton thread.

Please visit USCollegeBaseballOnline to submit your bubble gum nominees. ;) :p

Bubble gum thread??
You mean the type that is blown out of proportion and filled with hot air?
Sounds dead on. No?

FiveHole12
11-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Bubble gum thread??
You mean the type that is blown out of proportion and filled with hot air?
Sounds dead on. No?

Does TOPPS sell "Sophomore Star Hockey Cards" (complete with slabs of pink bubble gum)?
Hey... don't look at me.
He started it. :p :D

And it isn't a bubble gum thread... it would be a baseball thread. You are certainly making this a whole lot more complicated than it has to be. ;) :D

J.D.
11-07-2010, 01:49 AM

The BC fanboys will be quick to remind you that Kreider (and Patrick Wey :p) have 2010 National Championship rings, and are therefore 'disqualified' for HE Milk Carton consideratiion. ;) ;)

Wow, quite the double fail we have here. Stevef, keep up the good work. Clearly you've struck a nerve!!!

C-H-C
11-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Stevef, keep up the good work. Clearly you've struck a nerve!!!
Maybe somebody taped a copy of the "All-Milk Carton Team" thread on Henrion's and Hardowa's lockers.;)

Hokydad
11-07-2010, 09:14 AM
never a chance he was not going to have a good season. Henrion will have a big year as previously stated

PC91
11-07-2010, 09:59 AM
never a chance he was not going to have a good season. Henrion will have a big year as previously stated

And you will be caught in random livingrooms by Chris Hanson from Dateline, more times in the coming year than ANY "victim" on record!!!

Hokydad
11-07-2010, 10:01 AM
And you will be caught in random livingrooms by Chris Hanson from Dateline, more times in the coming year than ANY "victim" on record!!!

take it easy sir prance a lot, back in the closet where you belong..... you more than anyone knows stats about that stuff...

PC91
11-07-2010, 10:17 AM
take it easy sir prance a lot, back in the closet where you belong..... you more than anyone knows stats about that stuff...

I noticed that you are a bit cranky there Ductapedad. I guess your prey must have gotten away last night without you getting a chance to lotion his skin or give him the hose again!!!

So why don't you tell us all once again how "they are ALL good kids". OK, perv!!!

I'll let you get back to chatting with your defense lawyer... I'm sure you have a big day tomorrow when court is back in session.

Mosrite
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Some of you really fail at understanding that the preseason milk carton team is based on what they haven't done and not what they might end up doing...

Well, if you're going to use that criteria, then why not create a "Postseason milk carton team" at the end of the prior season when said-mentioned players appeared to be missing? :rolleyes: It would seem to me that would be a lot more relevent?

Wow, quite the double fail we have here. Stevef, keep up the good work. Clearly you've struck a nerve!!!

The only "double fail" here is 1. BC fanboys who consistently show that they can't win with class, and 2. Preseason "busts" :rolleyes: who prove these BC fanboys wrong time and time again. :p ;)

mookie1995
11-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, if you're going to use that criteria, then why not create a "Postseason milk carton team" at the end of the prior season when said-mentioned players appeared to be missing? :rolleyes: It would seem to me that would be a lot more relevent?

seriously?!?

Mosrite
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
seriously?!?

Uh, no. :rolleyes:

I could honestly care two chits about who is on this stupid "preseason" imaginary team, as well as the criteria that determines "the selections". I just like to laugh at the ridiculousness of the geniuses who created it. :p :)

J.D.
11-08-2010, 12:15 AM
The only "double fail" here is 1. BC fanboys who consistently show that they can't win with class, and 2. Preseason "busts" :rolleyes: who prove these BC fanboys wrong time and time again. :p ;)

Who exactly are the BC fanboys? If you didn't notice, this thread is run by one person. There are no co-authors. Also, it's strictly a joke. The fact some of you get so upset about all this really is amazing.

seriously?!?

LOL