View Full Version : Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

mookie1995
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh irony.

There HAVE been sellouts, but you couldn't see so because of the fog! :p

steakbomb
10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Can't count the QF attendance for much though. I think it's spring break at most schools.

Carmine Scarpaglia
10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Didn't meet expectations, but too productive for this honor.

Absolutely... Give the kid credit, he was a huge reason for a national title in 2008 and finished with 100 points in his career.

There are so many busts out there, you can really pick the worst of the worst (Bottom Gun?) and find some incredibly terrible performances out there.

And this in the Hub of Hockey?

Cue the fanboys... *drool* Durrrrrrrrrr.... BC isn't in Boston.... Durrrrrrrrrrr. *drool*

J.D.
10-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Ben Lovejoy were excellent candidates

Actually, since Lovejoy transferred after a year, he wouldn't be a candidate at all. Plus, it's hard for me to call someone who transfers after one year and then does well a bust--and continues that into a good AHL career/potential NHL spot.

Schuman, absolutely.

Would have to agree - some of the lines have been pretty funny in a National Lampoon kind of way.

At the risk of inviting the wrath of the Original Pinheads and Pinheads:The Next Generation, I'd recommend one final selection to the All-Milk Carton team:

"Have You Seen Me?" --> A Sellout at Conte Forum.

After all, since the BC hockey team has shown their excellence in all other areas in recent years, what else can anybody pick on other than the sometimes indifferent fan base? With a capacity of 7,884 at the Conte Forum, BC Hockey home games averaged 5,297 last season (not including the "I can hear the crickets chirping" quarterfinal games against UMass). And this in the Hub of Hockey?
I guess we'll find out if these light-hearted jabs will be taken in the spirit they were given - good fun.

You forgot the 2nd edition of have you seen me...

"Have you seen me?"--A national championship trophy in Durham

:p

candycanes99
10-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Back to Rollheiser... as I've discussed with Steve and he mentions here, it really does surprise me that he hasn't moved on to seek some playing time elsewhere considering he is drafted by the Leafs.

There's the reason. He's got a better chance of winning the starting role back at BU than Toronto winning anything. :rolleyes:

Onion Man
10-02-2010, 07:23 AM
There's the reason. He's got a better chance of winning the starting role back at BU than Toronto winning anything. :rolleyes:

Probably not

buoldtimer
10-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Probably not

With regard to your tagline, I haven't been to Meehan in years, but always thought of it as a terrific venue, especially the seats behind the nets that are right over the ice surface. Is the bear still in the lobby?

Onion Man
10-02-2010, 07:25 PM
With regard to your tagline, I haven't been to Meehan in years, but always thought of it as a terrific venue, especially the seats behind the nets that are right over the ice surface. Is the bear still in the lobby?

Someone in the BC thread asked the same question. When I was last there (2 seasons ago), the bear was nowhere to be found. I'lll be there in a few weeks. Hopefully the bear is back.

I agree, years ago when Brown was more competitive, Meehan was a great place to watch a game. Cornell and HU still get the Brown fans to come out, but for the most part the place gets about 1k per game. People think I'm crazy when I tell them how loud Meehan gets, but its kind of tough to prove it when no one goes anymore.

Brown is going in the right direction, so maybe the "Madness" will come back.

Hokydad
10-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice goal by Henrion last night..

Will have a very good year

Onion Man
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Since when has this website become BU-SCHO?

Michigan and M'hurst have a classic last night and a pic from BU's exhibition game is the front page pic? Last week the girl's team gets the front page pic? Is this a BU site now?

TonyTheTiger20
10-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Hope so. Have watched him for several years. great kid. saw the exposure though kicking in in Frozen Four.

Will bet you anything that henrion will have a very good year
Will be an impact player before this is done

Could care less what some gut on line says

Will bet you anythiing that it will be same as last year

Will be nice to not have guys prancing around in his closet boy purple pants

Will have a very good yearI've decided that the thing that annoys me the most about you is your lack of pronouns. It makes you look like this pretentious *****#01e who thinks that we should feel lucky - nay, blessed! - to hear about these super-secret observations that you bestow upon us.

Seriously it's like every other post.

NUMcNeely
10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I've decided that the thing that annoys me the most about you is your lack of pronouns. It makes you look like this pretentious *****#01e who thinks that we should feel lucky - nay, blessed! - to hear about these super-secret observations that you bestow upon us.

Seriously it's like every other post.

a bc fan complaining about others being pretentious, now i've heard it all.

Hokydad
10-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Exactly

Don't read it a** face.

Henrion will have a good year and it is laughable to read mocking posts about written by guys who couldn't warm up with him when he was 12

TonyTheTiger20
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
it is laughable to read mocking posts about written by guys who couldn't warm up with him when he was 12
Ah, yes, the old "you aren't as good at this person in sports so therefore you cannot discuss them negatively."

I'll be perfectly honest here - I don't give a crap about Henrion and I don't even know what team he plays for. True story. I just think you're annoying.

TonyTheTiger20
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
a bc fan complaining about others being pretentious, now i've heard it all.
Well we're awesome at pretty much everything so I mean, I feel like we've earned that right.

...:p

mookie1995
10-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Exactly

Don't read it a** face.

Henrion will have a good year and it is laughable to read mocking posts about written by guys who couldn't warm up with him when he was 12

ooooooohhhhhhh. listen, i don't know how to make a cherry pie, but i know when i taste it if the person making it ****ed up or not.

the fact that observers like us do so is what makes the playing of sports in the fashion that they are possible. for if not, they would be club sports playing once the rinks freeze. and sniffers like you would be hanging around corner stores instead of rinks.

so feel free to come around and give us info, but **** off with the pontificating blowhardiness.

you're welcome.

Since when has this website become BU-SCHO?

Michigan and M'hurst have a classic last night and a pic from BU's exhibition game is the front page pic? Last week the girl's team gets the front page pic? Is this a BU site now?

quiet you too! you had enough bc after they won that game in april there...:p ;)

theprofromdover
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
ooooooohhhhhhh. listen, i don't know how to make a cherry pie, but i know when i taste it if the person making it ****ed up or not.

the fact that observers like us do so is what makes the playing of sports in the fashion that they are possible. for if not, they would be club sports playing once the rinks freeze. and sniffers like you would be hanging around candy stores instead of rinks.

so feel free to come around and give us info, but **** off with the pontificating blowhardiness.

you're welcome.

quiet you too! you had enough bc after they won that game in april there...:p ;)

FYP.

J.D.
10-03-2010, 11:56 PM

Lighten the **** up, turd.

sterlippo1
10-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Oh irony.

There HAVE been sellouts, but you couldn't see so because of the fog! :p

funny because both recent fog games were sellouts (NoDak & BU).............but you already knew that;)

thecomicbookguy
10-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Nice goal by Henrion last night..

Will have a very good year

He scored a goal in the exhibition game? Take him off the milk carton! He's Hobey-bound!