Nick Papagiorgio
09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Close.

sterlippo1
09-30-2010, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=SteveF;4874765]well done

D - Connor Hardowa, UNH

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3865/milkcartonhardowa.jpg

The scoop: Hardowa was named Alberta Junior Hockey League co-MVP and Defenseman of the Year in 2009 after leading all defensemen in scoring with 20 goals and 63 points in 61 games for Spruce Grove. But the promising freshman was unable to translate that success to the NCAA during the 2010 season as he tallied only a pathetic 0-2-2 line in 29 games – the 2nd lowest point total in the league of anyone with that many games played. Ryan Santana (0-1-1, 30 GP) says hello. Though largely useless, Hardowa's spot in the lineup seems secure enough as Umile will have a tough time recruiting a replacement now thanks to a new law prohibiting texting while driving. However, we must still question Hardowa's current value to the team after he was moved up to fourth line forward duties for the final two, and most important, games of the year. To be fair, neither the coaches nor the UNH fans seem to believe those NCAA games were very important at all. In fact, it is still unconfirmed whether or not any of the other forwards actually even showed up for that RIT game. <strike>Masocistic</strike> Dedicated UNH fans can catch a full season recap, including Dick Umile verbally abusing the young defensemen, as well as the rest of his teammates, in the locker room after that final game on a new HBO mini-series entitled ‘Hardowa Knocks’. Umile, visibly upset, can be heard swearing, and be seen stomping his feet and crying. Tony Dungy had no comment. (Missing since 4/15/2008)

that is hysterical and VERY well done!

acs64
09-30-2010, 05:52 PM
yeah, stevie wuz doing pretty well till he slipped on this one....lol. Can you imagine having to play D in front of Darling and Wilson ?? Brutal

BC/HE
09-30-2010, 06:01 PM
you got the wrong guy, mon frere.

My bad, I guess I should have known you quote John. Is the other guy banned here?

acs64
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
My bad, I guess I should have known you quote John. Is the other guy banned here?

chris!!!!!, darin and mav.......fstevie wuz a little late to the party, though drunk when he finally showed up.

ask mav sometime to explain how +/- is calculated. :D

mookie1995
09-30-2010, 06:33 PM
I was thinking him as well. Has to be going by this:

i thought they just go by the wording on the carton... "have you seen me". players that were here, now they are gone. while the usual suspects are people of whom much was expected, and they bombed. KM is the textbook definition. national rookie of the year. winner of a NC. then.....KA-POW!

can make a movie of it, starring nick cage - gone in 60 minutes.:eek:

NUMcNeely
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM
simply hysterical

BC/HE
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Not only can't Umile text these recruits, he also can't call these teens while they are operating tractors either. Jack Parker will have the upper hand as he recruits them in the bars now. BU will be a force to take over the regular season titles now. Of course Cronin will get to them first if they get tossed from the bars.

SteveF
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM

huh

BC/HE
09-30-2010, 09:45 PM
huh

John3:16, shouldn't you be starting a pick to click now.

UMZero
09-30-2010, 10:02 PM
bated breath ..........

FiveHole12
09-30-2010, 10:18 PM
He is the original Pinhead#2. He is making a comeback with no regards to adhering to gentleman's agreements.

OK... I'm confused. W_T_heck are you talking about?
Is this actually Hokey after learning how to spell?
You're just throwing chit out there. You can't hit it if you can't see it.

SteveF
09-30-2010, 10:22 PM

haha. yes, now i got you. ptc is coming soon

FiveHole12
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
haha. yes, now i got you. ptc is coming soon
Haha... I get it now too.
Well ain't I the arsehole with egg on his face.
Well done BC/HE.

BC/HE
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Haha... I get it now too.
Well ain't I the arsehole with egg on his face.
Well done BC/HE.

G & F, I'll be seeing you over there.

JB
10-01-2010, 12:12 PM
well done

D - Connor Hardowa, UNH

Good stuff.

My only disagreement here is Hardowa was a late pick-up (nobody else wanted him) and a older player in Juniors (will be a 22 year old sophomore). Honestly, I expected nothing from him, I was surprised how well he played actually. I figured he was another great safe play by UNH that only see limited ice time Junior and Senior year.

thecomicbookguy
10-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I know he didn't do much offensively last year, but I thought he actually looked pretty good in the few games I saw him play. He at least ended up with a positive plus/minus, which would indicate he wasn't a disaster or anything.
Speaking as someone who saw a lot of his games, I would agree with this. The kid is very solid on D. Steve's right, though - he lit it up in Juniors, then did nothing offensively last year. I tend to disagree with using points to judge defensemen (Brian Yandle had plenty of points the final three years of his career), but you really only have that and +/-, which isn't fantastic, either.

SteveF
10-01-2010, 01:12 PM
i suspect our next selection will be met with some grumblings.

G - Grant Rollheiser, BU

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5997/milkcartonrollheiser.jpg

The scoop: Upon his arrival at BU, this 2008 draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs was unable to wrestle the starting job in goal away from his undrafted (at the time) classmate, Kieran Millan. One could hardly blame him, as Millan finished the season with a blistering .897 winning % to go along with a 1.93 GAA and a .927 save %. However, even when Millan fell back to earth during his sophomore season (2.51, .905), Rollheiser actually saw his playing time go down. While those with proclivity for glow stick poisoning might mention a possible lingering ankle injury as the main culprit for his disappearance. We would instead submit his stat line of a robust 8-5-4 with a mediocre 2.60 GAA and terrible .888 save % through two seasons as the driving factor behind his demise. Rollheiser is now officially harder to find on campus than a donut in the cafeteria. With another year on the pine in store, his draft status makes him the most high profile bench-door opener in the league. Many have long expected Rollheiser to "Roll out" to a team that might actually let him play. His continued presence at BU is certainly a mystery. Perhaps he enjoys the Ivy League pretensions but community college atmosphere (copyright - dartmouth review); or perhaps Toronto has already given up on his development. Either way, surely, J-S Giguere is shaking in his boots at the thought of Rollheiser one day stealing his job. Rollheiser’s last professional hope will be an offseason trade to the Bruins – where mediocre college goalies are routinely rewarded with absurd contracts. (Missing since 2/26/2008)

2010-2011 AMC Team
F - Trivino, BU
F - Henrion, UNH
F - Marshall, UVM
D - Cornell, Maine
D - Hardowa, UNH
G - Rollheiser, BU

home stretch now..

buoldtimer
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
i suspect our next selection will be met with some grumblings.

G - Grant Rollheiser, BU

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5997/milkcartonrollheiser.jpg

The scoop: Upon his arrival at BU, this 2008 draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs was unable to wrestle the starting job in goal away from his undrafted (at the time) classmate, Kieran Millan. One could hardly blame him, as Millan finished the season with a blistering .897 winning % to go along with a 1.93 GAA and a .927 save %. However, even when Millan fell back to earth during his sophomore season (2.51, .905), Rollheiser actually saw his playing time go down. While those with proclivity for glow stick poisoning might mention a possible lingering ankle injury as the main culprit for his disappearance. We would instead submit his stat line of a robust 8-5-4 with a mediocre 2.60 GAA and terrible .888 save % through two seasons as the driving factor behind his demise. Rollheiser is now officially harder to find on campus than a donut in the cafeteria. With another year on the pine in store, his draft status makes him the most high profile bench-door opener in the league. Many have long expected Rollheiser to "Roll out" to a team that might actually let him play. His continued presence at BU is certainly a mystery. Perhaps he enjoys the Ivy League pretensions but community college atmosphere (copyright - dartmouth review); or perhaps Toronto has already given up on his development. Either way, surely, J-S Giguere is shaking in his boots at the thought of Rollheiser one day stealing his job. Rollheiser’s last professional hope will be an offseason trade to the Bruins – where mediocre college goalies are routinely rewarded with absurd contracts. (Missing since 2/26/2008)

BU is the school on Comm Ave having Ivy League pretensions? You saved your funniest line for the final installment.