PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East: Preseason All-Milk Carton team

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

jcarter7669
09-29-2010, 05:37 PM
oops fixed. even better, the intention was to show how good he was in high school :D

I know there is a huge step for a lot of these kids going from HS to college, but really...how do you go from 1.76 ppg to 0.158 ppg.

Hokydad, what's the scoop on Marshall?

Carmine Scarpaglia
09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
They never recruited a Ben Lovejoy.:(

He's playing on the top pairing with Bobby Orr this year, right?

Hey now, not being able to cut it at BC is nothing to be ashamed of. Does moving on to the NHL after that not show how great BC is? Let's give him credit for being able to make a living in North America playing pro hockey... like pre-2006 Jeff Jillson (and probably soon to be Al Montoya... nice pick by the Rangers at #6 overall).

mookie1995
09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Truth be told, you could probably put every Michigan player from 2006 to the present on a milk carton. All those blue chippers and they've made as many Frozen Fours as RIT, Vermont, and Bemidji...:eek: .

"Fail to the Victors?" :)

i smell another banner for uvm.....

SteveF
09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
McDonald???? Hey if you can't make the tourney with 145 seniors on your roster.....

patience, grasshopper. defense is next, any speculation?

walrus
09-29-2010, 07:47 PM
any speculation?

yeah
since when are you a pinhead?

steakbomb
09-29-2010, 09:57 PM
This stuff is hilarious and very well-written.

candycanes99
09-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Define good...

I will put up this

Now now, make sure you use the official Hokyvan.

http://home.comcast.net/~olo567/hokyvan2.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/~olo567/hokyvan.jpg)

TonyTheTiger20
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
This thread makes me very happy.

J.D.
09-30-2010, 12:09 AM
They never recruited a Ben Lovejoy.:(

He's playing on the top pairing with Bobby Orr this year, right?

So I've been trying to find recent Michigan busts and somehow came across the following article and LOLed (completely unrelated):

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/Features/coach5_0203.htm

Now, back to the topic at hand. Since apparently circumstances have nothing to do with the discussion, I'll throw out Kevin Quick, Tyler Swystun, Zac MacVoy, Billy Sauer, Jason Bailey, Steve Jakiel

Will bet you anything that henrion will have a very good year Will be an impact player before this is done

Who cares? If he does, then he won't be on the Milk Carton team next year...

SteveF
09-30-2010, 04:22 AM
another teaser

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1439/milkcartoncornell.jpg

BC/HE
09-30-2010, 07:46 AM
yeah

He is the original Pinhead#2. He is making a comeback with no regards to adhering to gentleman's agreements.

Slasher7
09-30-2010, 08:50 AM
He is the original Pinhead#2. He is making a comeback with no regards to adhering to gentleman's agreements.

Details?

SteveF
09-30-2010, 09:22 AM
yeah

guilty by association, i suppose. someone has to push the old men to new heights.

you got the wrong guy, mon frere.

Sean Pickett
09-30-2010, 09:45 AM
So I've been trying to find recent Michigan busts and somehow came across the following article and LOLed (completely unrelated):

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/Features/coach5_0203.htmThanks for the link, it was a fun read.

Sean

SteveF
09-30-2010, 01:45 PM
D - Mike Cornell, Maine

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1439/milkcartoncornell.jpg

The scoop: One would think someone with the last name of Cornell would be good at playing defense, but in this case, that one couldn’t be further from the truth. This former three-time EJHL all star looks more like the pathetic April version of the Big Red most of the time. The end result? The Franklin, Mass native compiled a +/- rating of minus 9 which was the worst of the entire defensive group and fourth worst among all returning defensemen in the league (and yes that includes providence). Some might say the pond would be better for him. To make matters worse, we think the sophomore can probably expect a lot more of the same without Scott Darling as his safety net this season. On the plus side, because lord knows there are only a few, in a true Ivy League fashion, Cornell was named a Maine Scholar athletics “rising star”. So, in the words of Bill Murray, he has that going for him – which is nice. (Missing since 6/1/2009)

2010-2011 AMC Team
F - Trivino, BU
F - Henrion, UNH
F - Marshall, UVM
D - Cornell, Maine
D -
G -

until we meet again...

J.D.
09-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Connor Hardowa for the other D spot?

Federal League
09-30-2010, 03:30 PM
To make matters worse, we think the sophomore can probably expect a lot more of the same without Scott Darling as his safety net this season.

I think it would be pretty tough to have a safety net worse than Darling...

I know he didn't do much offensively last year, but I thought he actually looked pretty good in the few games I saw him play. He at least ended up with a positive plus/minus, which would indicate he wasn't a disaster or anything.

J.D.
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
I think it would be pretty tough to have a safety net worse than Darling...

Who knows what he could have done with this Maine team in front of him. His fault. Where'd he end up?

I know he didn't do much offensively last year, but I thought he actually looked pretty good in the few games I saw him play. He at least ended up with a positive plus/minus, which would indicate he wasn't a disaster or anything.

Oh I wasn't even basing it on what I saw because I know this type of thing is based off of numbers and the fact he had a 20-43-63 line in his last year of juniors. Was trying to find other candidates, but it's pretty hard to do when you consider it could be a junior or sophomore.

SteveF
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM

well done

D - Connor Hardowa, UNH

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3865/milkcartonhardowa.jpg

The scoop: Hardowa was named Alberta Junior Hockey League co-MVP and Defenseman of the Year in 2009 after leading all defensemen in scoring with 20 goals and 63 points in 61 games for Spruce Grove. But the promising freshman was unable to translate that success to the NCAA during the 2010 season as he tallied only a pathetic 0-2-2 line in 29 games – the 2nd lowest point total in the league of anyone with that many games played. Ryan Santana (0-1-1, 30 GP) says hello. Though largely useless, Hardowa's spot in the lineup seems secure enough as Umile will have a tough time recruiting a replacement now thanks to a new law prohibiting texting while driving. However, we must still question Hardowa's current value to the team after he was moved up to fourth line forward duties for the final two, and most important, games of the year. To be fair, neither the coaches nor the UNH fans seem to believe those NCAA games were very important at all. In fact, it is still unconfirmed whether or not any of the other forwards actually even showed up for that RIT game. <strike>Masocistic</strike> Dedicated UNH fans can catch a full season recap, including Dick Umile verbally abusing the young defensemen, as well as the rest of his teammates, in the locker room after that final game on a new HBO mini-series entitled ‘Hardowa Knocks’. Umile, visibly upset, can be heard swearing, and be seen stomping his feet and crying. Tony Dungy had no comment. (Missing since 4/15/2008)

2010-2011 AMC Team
F - Trivino, BU
F - Henrion, UNH
F - Marshall, UVM
D - Cornell, Maine
D - Hardowa, UNH
G -

almost there...

GoNU5
09-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Milan for goalie would be my guess